Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[OOC/Recruiting] Siren's Call

SpaceHelicopters

7 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

The only problem with that idea is that it would simply create a new scent trail. And the Infested are very adaptable, so it is unlikely to remove their sense of smell altogether.

I dunno. I have smelled hot sauce directly out of the jar a few times.

It stings a little.

And brings a multitude of tears to my eye.

Edited by Daakjenaar

43 minutes ago, Daakjenaar said:

I dunno. I have smelled hot sauce directly out of the jar a few times.

It stings a little.

And brings a multitude of tears to my eye.

maybe watering it down and putting it in a spray bottle would suffice as pepper spray - that's a potential application.
You know when you spray cats with water? It'd be like that! But with infested. And with the water replaced by thermo-nuclear Hot-sauce...
...actually, it's nothing like spraying cats with water, come to think of it...

Edited by Locky122
thought of something funnier

Name: Syd Alistair

Race: Tenno

Apparent Age: Roughly fourteen to fifteen years of age.

Mental Age: Behaves as that of someone in their late twenties.

Biological Age: 500+

Appearance: 

Spoiler

(Credit for drawing goes to Vodka.) ari9Jym.png

Bio: 

Spoiler

Born to a single mother by the name Jane Alistair, Syd had a bit of a rough childhood, even before the Zariman incident. His mother was a psychologist, but also had a deep, profound respect for pre-orokin culture, such as literature, music, and art. However, since her son's birth, she notice how odd he behaved. Over the course of his early childhood, he began to lie, to his mother, and other children he encountered. Syd, also began to develop "violent tendencies", as his nother's notes read. He would find small animals, such as squirrels, bird, or small insects, and play with them, as if they were his toys. Syd would sometimes, tear a tail, or cut a wing. He'd present the dead, or soon to be dead animal to his mother, thinking that this is what see wanted. Maybe she'll like a rabbit this time? She did not understand why he was like this, and began to push him away. Jane would still feed him, provide him with basic needs, but kept her distance as much as possible. Still, Syd tried to present her with dead animals, still believing she loved them. When he was about six, the male began to study with her, during small, two-hour sessions. These were the moments that they really connected. Sometimes they read about terrible wars before their time, or they'd study famous philosophers of that era. However, Syd's favorite times, and the ones he'd always try to con her into, were the days they studied music. Famous musicians, some with weird names, like insects, or airships made of lead. They recreated these songs some days, their music speaking to eachother in ways they never did. This continued for many years, but Syd began to grow darker, more sociopathic. He stole, he lied, he betrayed. But they still played their music. Finally, the two were chosen to be apart of the Zariman Ten Zero's crew. A psychologist would definitely be needed on a ship like this. Of course, we all know what happens next. As the ship void-jumped, something happened. They were plunged into the void. They drifted in this strange space, Jane locking them in their room hours afterward. She believed they were not alone. Syd, over the course of who knows how long, noticed his mother changing. She grew more violent, like a psycho. However, he was embracing what this... void was doing to him. He felt strong, powerful. What new opportunities could be had? How much fear could I inspire? How much power will I have over the others? As he developed, his mother devolved into an animal. This was the moment Syd finally came to terms with how his mother did not love him. She stared at him, through the hell that was their room. She shot forward, singing an old song from a long-dead band, Syd's favorite, the entire time. At first, he did his best to avoid her, to hid, but he couldn't. Not for much longer. He fought back, ferociously, pinning his mother to the wall, binding her with the hellspace around them. As he stared at they face of the woman he would have killed for, he was reminded of an expression, from a long-dead language. "C'est La Vei, mon ami", the boy whispered, before taking the life of his mother. He sat alone, in that room, for the rest of the journey, playing the scenario over and over in his head. He couldn't let it go. It was something beyond his control. He couldn't accept that he lost control of his world! When the ship was finally recovered, he detested Margulis. Syd just wanted to die. Nothing she could do could give him the feeling that he was in power, despite the fact his abilities scared the Orokin. He knew they had the power to decide what would happen next. He had no objections to being put to sleep. However, upon being transferred into a warframe, he began to build his confidence back up. He trudged through the Great War, using everything in his power to slay his enemies. He studied unde Naramon, learning the ways of hate and distortion. Of manipulation and control. When all was said and done, he waited, like the rest. The naga drums beating in his ear. One, two, three... Nine. His fellow Tenno let loose a torrent of blood, destroying their gilded masters in one night. However, Syd wanted to take over. He wanted to rule. But something, somebody forced him to rest. This somebody, of course, was the Lotus. Several centuries later, he's rudely interrupted from the dream, awakening in his pod. Of course, he remembers. How could he forget? Why would he forget? Sure, some memories were fuzzy, but he would always carry these memories with him. Syd, grudgingly, listen to the Lotus's orders, doing her missions against the Grineer Empire, or the Corpus Cult. However, upon the discover of this ship, the “Fortuna et Ops”, he ignored the orders of the Lotus, only one question running through his mind, as he set a course. How much power will this get me?

Equipment: According to the last check-in record of his arsenal, Syd is equipped with a Nyx Prime, modified with a Saikou appearance, and augmented with the "Assimilate" precept. Records show the Nyx was colored like its operator; Mostly white, with black and purple accents, and a bright violet energy. The Nyx appeared to be wearing the entire set of Pakal Armor, and the Pakal Syandana, both colored the same as his warframe. His primary weapon is the Rubico Sniper rifle. Like the rest of his gear, it is colored like himself. His secondary weapon is the Grineer Rifle, courtesy of the Steel Meridan, The Vaykor Marelok. His favorite weapon, however, is his Sword and Shield, the Ack and Brunt. He has nicknamed it the "Faux and Anarchy", and wields it with the Danaus skin, colored the same as his other gear. Used to give him more reach when casting Absorb, due to his choice to master the Final Harbinger stance, he finds that the weapon to be very... satisfying.

Companion: N/A

Edited by (PS4)DeerGodWrath
Changes melee weapon, and added cosmetics

1 hour ago, (PS4)DeerGodWrath said:

*Thingful Thingy Thing*

Oooh, We have a Tenno who has gone full moon now as well.
Very good, Very good indeed.- Once he gets into the fray, our groups may find themselves with an adversary that is considerably more threatening than the current amalgamation of infested.

Though on a minor note, Perhaps refrain from using Italics during IC posts - Typically using Italics in a sentence means to deliver a form of emphasis, so if you do decide to use all italics in the IC like this, be aware that you might find yourself with one less narrative tool in your arsenal.
Just a minor thing, feel free to ignore this point if you like - It is after all, your own decision.

Otherwise, can't wait for you and Locky122 to show up - The More the Merrier in this detestable dereli -

Wait. A Vaykor Marelok? From the Meridian? If you don't mind me asking - Why has a psychopath decided to align himself with a faction dedicated to the protection of the weak? It seems to run opposite to his modus-operandi.

8 hours ago, InfiniumV said:

Oooh, We have a Tenno who has gone full moon now as well.
Very good, Very good indeed.- Once he gets into the fray, our groups may find themselves with an adversary that is considerably more threatening than the current amalgamation of infested.

Though on a minor note, Perhaps refrain from using Italics during IC posts - Typically using Italics in a sentence means to deliver a form of emphasis, so if you do decide to use all italics in the IC like this, be aware that you might find yourself with one less narrative tool in your arsenal.
Just a minor thing, feel free to ignore this point if you like - It is after all, your own decision.

Otherwise, can't wait for you and Locky122 to show up - The More the Merrier in this detestable dereli -

Wait. A Vaykor Marelok? From the Meridian? If you don't mind me asking - Why has a psychopath decided to align himself with a faction dedicated to the protection of the weak? It seems to run opposite to his modus-operandi.

I only use italics ooc, so it's all good.

Well, I mean, you do have a point. But, you can trade those. I'd like him to have the weapon, y'know, but perhaps obtained it through other weapons.

and maybe he didn't align with them because he believed in their cause? It could be just another way for him to get ahead. What if the win this gorilla war? Who would lead the colonies? He'd try his damndest to assert himself at the top.

4 hours ago, (PS4)DeerGodWrath said:

I only use italics ooc, so it's all good.

Well, I mean, you do have a point. But, you can trade those. I'd like him to have the weapon, y'know, but perhaps obtained it through other weapons.

and maybe he didn't align with them because he believed in their cause? It could be just another way for him to get ahead. What if the win this gorilla war? Who would lead the colonies? He'd try his damndest to assert himself at the top.

That makes a fair point, so that seems all-good.

4 hours ago, (PS4)DeerGodWrath said:

You also use the term "psychopath", which is often confused  with  a Sociopath. All psychopaths are sociopaths, but not vice-versa. There's a key difference. Not all sociopaths are killers just to kill.

Also - Apologies for the error on my part and thanks for pointing it out too.
Now then, I must commence my penance for such a failure.
*Begins self flagellation with a Karkina*

YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

*FLAGELLATES H A R D E R*
wait this is starting to sound sexual
oh no
ohnononononono
Oh No

6 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Why are you using a crab to beat yourself?

I would think a Charc Eel would be better suited to the task.

Oh?
Good idea! Excellent Idea?
*FLAGELLATES E V E N H A R D E R WITH CHARCEEL AND KARKINA IN EACH HA-*

*Dies*

5 minutes ago, (PS4)DeerGodWrath said:

I'm reading through the IC and the only thing on my mind is if I can keep up with tou talented folks.

Oh you'll be fine - If you ever feel like your post quality is lacking, feel free to ask the folks here for assistance in how to spruce up your posts.

Now if you don't mind me, I am going to resume being dead after committing suicide-by-seafood-self-slapping

18 minutes ago, (PS4)DeerGodWrath said:

I'm reading through the IC and the only thing on my mind is if I can keep up with tou talented folks.

This is my very first Warframe RP and only my third forum RP ever.

That said, I have played a lot of pen & paper RPG's before, so that helps with the narrative side of things.

Though the lack of a battlemap during combat drives me crazy.

1 minute ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

DearGod is feeling self-conscious and Infinium has been whipping himself with a crab and an eel.

That's about it.

Unless you didn't see DearGod's character sheet.

Nah, I saw his character sheet.

So if Sab and Hexer being in the same RP wasn't enough, now we have a Tenno sociopath.

1 minute ago, Agent_Maine said:

Nah, I saw his character sheet.

So if Sab and Hexer being in the same RP wasn't enough, now we have a Tenno sociopath.

I'm beginning to feel like Takar, Bornstella, and poor Frez are the only normal ones.

And Takar isn't very normal. Mentally stable and emotionally mature, yes, but not normal.