Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur ult rewark

Apeiron

I think Ex ult will be better if waves increase more along the blow of the sword itself (noticed some blows in the combo more scale and it would be logical if the wave matched the entire length of the strike) 

And that the wave gradually disappears (visually and damage)

Edited by Apeiron
razmastesye - scale

Yes, but the wave itself has a fixed width and visually does not disappear with distance, while some blows in the combo mean that the wave must go over and even slightly behind the warframe. The wave itself should cover a larger space around.

Edited by Apeiron

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

what they should do is make it so the waves only show up when channeling, this way u can use melee combos with the exulted blade itself

im sorry, but with his auto block that would not work at all...especially since it would FUBAR MANY builds..because due to the auto block you would HAVE to build for max channel efficiency (i think it effects block damage energy reduction...im not sure as i dont use it lie that at all).

I would much rather prefer the different combos doing waves at certain points...like the pause combo doing all waves for example.

Edited by Kalvorax

Just now, Kalvorax said:

im sorry, but with his auto block that would not work at all...especially since it would FUBAR MANY builds..because due to the auto block you would HAVE to build for max channel efficiency (i think it affacts block damage energy reduction...im not sure as i dont use it lie that at all).

so u dont want ur energy drained as u spammed the waves do to blocking....

so what ur saying is, you only want to spam the waves...

the issue with the exulted blade IS the waves

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

so u dont want ur energy drained as u spammed the waves do to blocking....

so what ur saying is, you only want to spam the waves...

the issue with the exulted blade IS the waves

that IS how they showed it off..so the waves are to stay...we DO NOT need another valkry or wu kong....and no i do not WANT to spam the waves...i guess you didnt see my edit of adding the waves to 1 or 2 combos.

Do not fix what is not broken.

Exalted Blade is working exactly as intended, which is very well. There's fall off damage over distance, the energy waves do have a range limit so they do dissipate when they reach the end of their range from point of origin.

I play pretty much all the frames in the game, one of my favorites is Excalibur, and Exalted Blade happens to be one of the best skills he has. Actually gives meaning to the word "ultimate" skill. Great for low levels, great for high levels, if you can survive. Overall, a good skill.

If you change the skill to where you HAVE to use the awful combo's to get the waves to work, you will see a giant decline in players using him. Right now, he's in a good spot with his skills, and I doubt very much you could come up with a good change that actually makes Exalted Blade better than it is currently.

Besides, it isn't as powerful as Telos Boltace once was, and if you get it changed to combo only, it will be as bad, or worse than Telos Boltace, post rework.

Edited by Alcatraz

For example, a 4 strike in 3 combo will turn into a windmill.

That would not close the view - make them more transparent and disappear completely after 100 meters for example.

Now it is very similar to similar abilities from 2d games, i want to add more space for the ability =)

See anime heroes with the swords? the waves did not go straight ahead, they went for the entire length of the strike itself

16 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

If you change the skill to where you HAVE to use the awful combo's to get the waves to work, you will see a giant decline in players using him. Right now, he's in a good spot with his skills, and I doubt very much you could come up with a good change that actually makes Exalted Blade better than it is currently.

oh i know its not broken...what i HATE is that the basic 1st combo is the only thing players use...i NEVER see nor HEAR (because DE wont implement some type of sound bar for it like they did for octavia :|) players using the other combos at all...not even the block combo.

2 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

oh i know its not broken...what i HATE is that the basic 1st combo is the only thing players use...i NEVER see nor HEAR (because DE wont implement some type of sound bar for it like they did for octavia :|) players using the other combos at all...not even the block combo.

Yes, it has more potential!

In fact, the result and the emitted waves do not depend on the impact in general for now.
This change will make sense to use other combos

13 hours ago, Apeiron said:

nerf range and make the point of greatest damage in the strike 

maybe make the Reach/p.reach mod affect the width of the wave...the range already has a cut off along with damage reduction over distance after all. would be amazing to have a large wave with chromatic blade and the slash passive from Madurai (basically adding slash procs along with the element)

@Apeiron The idea of the wave shape following that of the strike animation, problem is, it is very inconisistent because every striking animation in a combo is different (of course) and it wouldnt be as reliable to hit where you want it to.

@Kalvorax The problem is, there is no reason to use another combo than the basic one. He other ones are less consistent (slower recovery from some strikes), dont do more damage and are not as easy to pull off.

@(PS4)Spider_Enigma how is Excalibur overpowered? He is an incredible damage dealer and has some good cc that helps greatly with his damage output. Nearly every group needs a damage dealer.

Keeping him alive by himself is pretty difficult with that stupid cooldown on his blind and LoS, which doesnt always work as it should. The blind is his only defensive tool.

1 hour ago, EpicBred said:

The problem is, there is no reason to use another combo than the basic one. He other ones are less consistent (slower recovery from some strikes), dont do more damage and are not as easy to pull off.

that is true for sure...which is why they NEED to be looked at ...as for pulling them off, that REALLY isn't not hard at all even at max speed.