Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The growing bot problem

Teran0vA

@Teran0vA

When MOST Players in a Game is consisted of BOTS.

The Game itself is truly AUTOMATED.

No longer consider a "Game", but Simulator run by Bots.

You NEVER think about it, but "What if NPC" are Bots too".

SENTIENTS

DAWN OF THE MACHINES (BOTS).

Ages of BOT-some.                            

Fair Notice: Just Kidding. Was not kidding about the Sentients part.

3 hours ago, CrazyYanmega said:

Can you hook me up with a group of those bots running Law of Retribution? I could use the experience to learn the bloody thing better.

:laugh: 

Edited by DesFrSpace

2 minutes ago, DesFrSpace said:

@Teran0vA

Ages of BOT-some.

Can you hook me up with a group of those bots running Law of Retribution? I could use the experience to learn the bloody thing better.

3 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Never ever seen any bots here, not even people who acted so stupid that i started to think that its just some bot program.

Well, if somebody can make a bot that is able to "farm Hieracon up to 1200 using visual cues", then [DE] seriously need to hire them to fix the AI of Kubrows, Kavats, Specters, Ghosts... F*ck, I'll even throw some money on a fund rise campaign to hire those people!  

Seeing the responses I guess that's why its not in. If you don't know how they act it will probably be hard to spot. They are far beyond simple macro's. They work with visual cues that tiger complex behavior. They can defend themselves with guns/melee, fetch fuel and move to next waypoint.

5 minutes ago, DesFrSpace said:

@Teran0vA

SENTIENTS

Ages of BOT-some.                            

This logic is undeniable!

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Teran0vA said:

Seeing the responses I guess that's why its not in. If you don't know how they act it will probably be hard to spot. They are far beyond simple macro's. They work with visual cues that tiger complex behavior. They can defend themselves with guns/melee, fetch fuel and move to next waypoint.

You mean...... Like a player? :shocked:

4 minutes ago, RubenRosas said:

What I always wonder is how people distinguish a bot from a World On Fire spammer? Based purely in the results, in some instances it is practically the same thing isn't? 

a bot typically in warframe wouldn't be able to make quick fast paced movements in game. especially with bullet-jump now. before i guess it would have been way easier to notice one considering coptering was so unpredictable in launch speeds half of the time.

also if the ember is world on fire spamming in a very specific routine. acting slow at certain stages etc. and doesn't get a single ranged kill  or melee kill. then sure you can have your doubts. but even then why would there be any point in having bots in the first place.

DE has a system in place to detect such things as well as having the ability to monitor the network so nothing shady happens. like setting up farm accounts to transfer the stuff to you for mass profiting etc. 
you can however run multi-clients. they just cant interact with each other in the form of being in the same clan or trade with each other etc.

2 minutes ago, Teran0vA said:

If someone went through the trouble of coming up with such a complex and competent program that it can successfully do all of that, I'd say that programmer has earned themselves a little cryotic.

1 minute ago, Teran0vA said:

It's true! Some even start forum threads and can keep arguing on a subject for days. Seen it happened many times.

Just now, CrazyYanmega said:

If someone went through the trouble of coming up with such a complex and competent program that it can successfully do all of that, I'd say that programmer has earned themselves a little cryotic.

You dont farm Hieracon for cryotic

1 minute ago, DualParadox said:

It's true! Some even start forum threads and can keep arguing on a subject for days. Seen it happened many times.

Fine shoot the messenger. Please close this thread. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

5 minutes ago, DualParadox said:

You Sir, are a winner! (post scriptum: This reply was not generated by a forum bot)

Edited by RubenRosas
Path Selecting [TRUE] Defining Logic Outcome From Spamming [FALSE]