Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Malicious User

WNxMatthew

I was on region chat when a player asked for an MR 23 or 24 to talk to. I responded because I though maybe that this player needed help or something. He/she immediately wanted to talk outside of the game to so that DE couldn't listen in on our conversation. I proceeded to ignore him when it was obvious that something fishy was going on and reported him/her to DE along with a screenshot of our whisper conversation. From what I can guess based on what I heard from my friend in my clan's alliance and from a story my dad has told me about something similar that someone tried to do to him, this player plans to blackmail you to get either account info or bank account information, the former being less likely.

Just thought I would let the community know about this since it seems we might have to be more cautious now since Warframe is gaining popularity.

Be careful out there.

On 9/24/2017 at 11:30 AM, WNxMatthew said:

I was on region chat when a player asked for an MR 23 or 24 to talk to. I responded because I though maybe that this player needed help or something. He/she immediately wanted to talk outside of the game to so that DE couldn't listen in on our conversation. I proceeded to ignore him when it was obvious that something fishy was going on and reported him/her to DE along with a screenshot of our whisper conversation. From what I can guess based on what I heard from my friend in my clan's alliance and from a story my dad has told me about something similar that someone tried to do to him, this player plans to blackmail you to get either account info or bank account information, the former being less likely.

Just thought I would let the community know about this since it seems we might have to be more cautious now since Warframe is gaining popularity.

Be careful out there.

Well you could have at least given it a chance and then if he did do that stuff, you just say no. It's not like a random player has any dirt whatsoever on you. Although, be careful, cause if he wanted to talk on discord for example, there are hackers there that can use codes or injectors to steal player or profile data straight from discord.

On 9/23/2017 at 6:30 PM, WNxMatthew said:

Be careful out there.

Well if that ain't just the fishiest thing I ever did read! Good call on avoiding conversations outside of the game, and thank you for informing the community. 

If you can recall the player's name and were able to take screenshots of the interaction, it would be best to send that over to support.warframe.com so that they may investigate any potential or existing wrongdoing. 

Thanks!