Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hijack Missions and Shield/HP drain

Emulad0or

I get DE's decision to make the objective drain HP instead of Shields on Inaros and Nidus, since they have no shields, it would be blocking them from doing a mission type if it wasn't that way. But why keep that feature from the other warframes? Why not make it drain HP when Shields are depleted? As far as I know, most people use Vitality instead of Redirection, so the Shields are usually lower than the forcing players to spam Shield Restores or keep backing away from the objective to regenerate shields (talking about solo gameplay here, not sharing the drain with 3 other players).

So, can we have the objective drain HP from all warframes (not just Inaros and Nidus) once Shields are depleted?

ehn... beginners doesn't have any means to regenerate health effectively, that means, they will kill themselves every time they try to do Hijack, that can be started on Ceres

not everybody has Mag, Trinity, Oberon, Nekros... (remember: except Rhino, all warframes requires neural sensors, that can be acquired in Jupiter), Life Strike, Rejuvenation, Equilibrium, Healing Return... Arcane Grace, Medi-ray, Guardian...

3 minutes ago, Zeyez said:

ehn... beginners doesn't have any means to regenerate health effectively, that means, they will kill themselves every time they try to do Hijack, that can be started on Ceres

not everybody has Mag, Trinity, Oberon, Nekros... (remember: except Rhino, all warframes requires neural sensors, that can be acquired in Jupiter), Life Strike, Rejuvenation, Equilibrium, Healing Return... Arcane Grace, Medi-ray, Guardian...

Fair point, but why not make it stop draining at 50% HP then? Why completely keep us from using HP with any frame other than Inaros and Nidus? And most beginners play public, where they can share the drain damage, so even if it did drain HP, it wouldn't kill them every time

Just now, BrazilianJoe said:

Yeah I am not sure I like that HP only frames can do those missions. 

Warframes are each one tool for each job, this removes the uniqueness and utility of shields. 

Those frames would be useful to mop up enemies around, but shouldn't be useable to power the hijack. 

I didn't even know until this weekend's sortie that Inaros and Nidus could power the hijack, because I don't play them and because other warframes cant power without shields. This weekend I went public (forgot to change to solo) and saw them powering the objective, that's what got me thinking "why only them?". As I said, I get why they can, if they couldn't, people that main them would complain about not being able to do a mission type, but the questing is "why not the others too?"

I understood, and I agree with OP for the sake of consistency that "if one can, all should". But first and foremost I think that Warframe always had the "right tool for the job" concept, and health shouldn't power the core, at all IMO. Or just let all health power the core as OP says. I am in favor of consistency most of all.

While we at it, what about nightmare mission no shield condtion, could have that fixed also removing a certain percent of health on Inaros and Nidus, its cheap on them since the no shield conditon is rather more often then any other one

Same for the dragon keys i guess.

More balance please.

Hijack missions are way too easy, I would like it if they made it so shields are unable to be recharged or charged by overshields, I play Volt with capacitance and its painfully easy to fall asleep during this mission, perhaps make the core easier to be killed or lock off shield charging. HP drain would be nice as it would force the guarding warframes away from it occasionally if they're squishy caster frames.