Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arca Plasmor vs Tigris Prime?

AugmentedJustice

Question

9 answers to this question

Tigris is mostly single target focused with high damage plasmor is more like a group screwing weapon. If you mod to viral or corrosive then you can kill many enemies in line and the punch through is fine on it. (worth to try to improve that). Both are good weapons but if you prefer to hunt down sngle targets then choose tigris if you want to have some fun choose plasmor.

At low-mid level the plasmor is better. Bigger AoE and both will be 1-shotting.
I find it a little less user-friendly due to the long reload but it's not a big deal.

At high levels, the builds change.

Tigris p. has lots of pellets and can hit 100% status. It can decimate armour and CC mobs of enemies with a corrosive/blast build or it can obliterate heavies with a viral/radiation build focused on slash-proccing them to death. If you want to be killing anything with a shotgun then use the tigris prime.

The arca plasmor on the other hand can't really do either of these things well due to having no pellets and no slash. However, it hits a lot of enemies and has a typically undesired damage type. Combine this with magnetic and gas damage while having a corrosive/blast IPS melee (one with a nice quick-attack, I recommend polearms) and it will be one of the best Condition Overload primaries in the game.
It won't do fantastic damage and its status isn't like typical shotgun status (no need to hit 100%).
However, it has very high status chance. More than enough to guarantee multiple procs on a line of enemies. If you're using different elements to your melee then the 2 different sets of procs will be combined to buff damage with condition overload. 

While Plasmor is a fun weapon it basically has most the limitations of weapons like Opticor,

At best 2.2 status triggers per shot Vs Tigris' 17.6 status triggers per shot.

Tigris is more versatile and does more damage to both armored and un-armored. Both weapons can and should have Punch-Through. I think the best perk Plasmor has to offer is coverage. The weapon deals it's full damage to all enemies within it's spread while most shotguns distribute between pellets. Still, due to it's limitations. You'll end up with little effect on enemies if they're heavily armored.

I personally think the Storm Trooper pistol (Arca Scisco) is the better of the three new weapons.

Edited by Xzorn