Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bug or not? Strange status chance increase

-SD-Nikarkos

Question

Hello there,

While modding my ballistica prime i noticed that the status chance increase was different than on other weapons

Standart status chance= 20 %

w. Frostbite = 30.5% (11.5% more)

w. Frostbite + Jolt = 39.9% (9.4% more)

w. Frostbite + Jolt + Scorch = 48.3% (8.4% more)

w. Frostbite + Jolt + Scorch + Pistol Pestilence = 55.8 (7.5% more)

I´m getting a smaller increase in status chance per mod even tho all other weapons exept the Mara, Detron Mara and ballistica Prime get the same value per mod.

When you look it up in the wiki you get:

Chance per Pellet = 1 − (1 − Status Chance × Status Multipliers)^(1 ÷ Base Number of Pellets)

Listed Status Chance = 1 − (1 − Chance per Pellet)^(Modified Number of Pellets)

The Status Multiplier is the sum of all status mods + 1, so how is it possible to get a decrease per mod?

If you know were my mistake is please let me know because so far it seems like a bug to me.

Sorry if there are any mistakes in spelling or grammar (im not the best in english).

Edited by -SD-Nakarkos

9 answers to this question

This is a bit weird.
I initially though it was just a way to show the way to preview the percentage for secondary shotgun but it dont apply Brakk and Kohmak, so I made some tests.

I tryed 4 series of 20 shots (so a total of 80) with each 0/1/2/3/4 status mods and wrote the number of status I got each time (noted in percentage here).

• With 0 mods, I got 15%-30%-10-25% resulting to 20%
  • With 1 mod, I got 30%-40%-30%-20% resulting to 30%
  • With 2 mods, I got 45%-30%-50%-45% resulting to 42.5%
  • With 3 mods, I got 80%-60%-55%-55% resulting to 62.5%
  • With 4 mods, I got 50%-70%-90%-55% resulting to 66.25%

These numbers are really close to the 20%, 32%, 44%, 56% and 68% you are supposed to get with the mods, so, I think what is displayed is something close to the status chance of each pellet and not the status chance of each shot, but the increase is not per pellet but per shot.
This a weird way to display but you get the higher value ingame, so it's not a problem.

The status chance you see in the arsenal is actually the probability that at least one status effect is inflicted per shot. Due to Ballistica Prime firing four arrows per shot, the effective status chance per one arrow is approximately 5.4%.

The damage shown in the balistica prime's UI is the sum of all of it's bolts (regardless of whether you charge or not).

Normally burst weapons show the damage of a single projectile from the burst, while shotguns show a sum. Incidentally normal burst weapons have normal status, and shotguns have their status split amongst their pellets. My guess is that it uses shotgun calculations.

Are you counting all 4 bolts when calculating "base number of pellets"?

3 minutes ago, -SD-Nakarkos said:

@ToaMimrik But why is it only these 3 weapons that behave this way shouldnt weapons like the brakk show the same behavior then?

All weapons with innate multishot ( akjagara, twin grakatas, shotguns including brakk) are calculated the same way.

Edited by rapt0rman

@rapt0rman Mmh when i calculate it trough you get

1 - ( 1 - 0.2 * (1 + 0.6 + 0.6 + 0.6 + 0.6)) ^ (1 / 4) = 0.247879 no multishot mods installed

1 - ( 1 - 0.247879) ^ 4 = 0.68 = 68% So it should be 68% if i`m not mistaken but my arsenal shows me 55.8%

... i feel like i`m overloocking something very obvious.

8 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

This is a bit weird.
I initially though it was just a way to show the way to preview the percentage for secondary shotgun but it dont apply Brakk and Kohmak, so I made some tests.

I tryed 4 series of 20 shots (so a total of 80) with each 0/1/2/3/4 status mods and wrote the number of status I got each time (noted in percentage here).

• With 0 mods, I got 15%-30%-10-25% resulting to 20%
  • With 1 mod, I got 30%-40%-30%-20% resulting to 30%
  • With 2 mods, I got 45%-30%-50%-45% resulting to 42.5%
  • With 3 mods, I got 80%-60%-55%-55% resulting to 62.5%
  • With 4 mods, I got 50%-70%-90%-55% resulting to 66.25%

These numbers are really close to the 20%, 32%, 44%, 56% and 68% you are supposed to get with the mods, so, I think what is displayed is something close to the status chance of each pellet and not the status chance of each shot, but the increase is not per pellet but per shot.
This a weird way to display but you get the higher value ingame, so it's not a problem.

Thanks, that is quite an interesting result. it seems like its just the ui then and not the actual ingame mechanics.

1 hour ago, -SD-Nakarkos said:

@rapt0rman Mmh when i calculate it trough you get

1 - ( 1 - 0.2 * (1 + 0.6 + 0.6 + 0.6 + 0.6)) ^ (1 / 4) = 0.247879 no multishot mods installed

1 - ( 1 - 0.247879) ^ 4 = 0.68 = 68% So it should be 68% if i`m not mistaken but my arsenal shows me 55.8%

... i feel like i`m overloocking something very obvious.

The status chance mods modify the value per arrow, not the cumulative chance. So with no status mods you get 1 - (1 - 0.054)^4 ≈ 0.2, with one status/damage mod you get 1 - (1 - 0.054 * 1.6)^4 ≈ 0.3 and so on.