Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Is My Rifle, This Is My Gun

Vaskadar

So, I'm sure you all have a favorite weapon you love to use. I think it'd be fun to use descriptive writing to illustrate how your weapon would be if it were personified.

Example

My Boar. She talks a lot, has a tendency to shout a lot at parties, and loves to crash them. She'll go into a mosh pit and toss everyone around. When she makes her entrance into a room, she makes it known. She's my boar.

*Pulls out a Gorgon and a Dera

"This is Gorgon. Fires heavy caliber rounds at a rate of 3600 rpm. While usually calm, when truly spurred on, she unleashes divine retribution upon her foes, spraying a hail of bullets in a hail of lead and destruction."

"This is Dera. A finely cultured gentleman with a knack for angular surfaces and science, seen in his design and his projectile of choice, plasma bolts. Quiet and collected, he unleashes destruction in a state of tranquil fury.  

Not very creative yes. Still... 

Edited by H3_Cupcake

-----Burston-----

Burston loves to Burst out laughing at her enemies as they fall in front of her wrath.

She bursts a ton of brass into the fools who underestimate her.

She is Burston, my very reliable companion.

I tried.

Edited by John-Carsal

My Braton is an elegant type of fellow. He enjoys good literature, and enjoys writing good literature at his typewriter (especially writing stories about soldiers felling entire legion.)

*I seriously think the Braton sounds like a Typewriter...*

This is my rifle...

The Snipetron Vandal is good out to a range of 3000 meters and can reliably hit headshots at half that. With the proper ammunition, it can make a mockery of any form of armor or shields. One shot, one kill.

This is my gun...

The Hek shotgun has four barrels. Need I say more?

My Dread is a silent killer, just like me. It is capable of clearing entire stations of foes with but a whisper of destruction.

My Vipers are just like their namesakes, Quick to strike, pumping flurries of bullets into my enemies, without regard for such petty things as armor and shields.

But my Blade, ah my Blade.....

My Orthos is my root.

It is my will materialized. Long Reaching. Unbreakable. Impossibly Sharp.

With my root, I take my stand against any foe foolish enough to oppose me. It has turned and routed hundreds of thousands of

Infested, Clones, and Mechanical Abominations, stacking bodies high enough to rival even starships.

With my arsenal, nothing can stop me. Not the most ambitious Grineer, Ancient Infested, or Machine Interloper.

I am Tenno.

And these are my instruments.

This is Latron. She might not be the prettiest one here, but you'll grow to love her. She's not too big on words, usually only speaking in one to two words at a time, but her words can really hurt if you're unprepared, which is often.

Over here is Hek. He's a loud and boisterous guy who really won't shut up until everyone else does. Watch out: his words will shock you, freeze your brain up, and the sheer number of them will knock you on your arse.

This here is Snipetron Vandal. Surprisingly quiet for how long her words carry. Her vocabulary is rather limited, but she doesn't need to know anything eloquent to suit her needs.

This is Despair. Stay away from her. She'll kill you...

This is my Hek.... She is silent until someone is smart enough to notice her. From then on a roar of sound can be heard throughout the ship. She has extra meat (Clip) on her bones but still manages to fire up quickly and take out the competition.

This is my Scindo, there are many like him but he is loud as a gun. Strong and party type, loves to tear a room up with his friends.

My Grakata tends to chatter a lot, but often he runs out of words to say. He quickly talks most people down with his many words in short bursts. He's a good friend to have at the ready when you have angry people to deal with.

Edited by Vaskadar

I am Drake

And this *Presenting a Vasto* is my gun

She weighs one Kilogram and fires 6 custom made rounds at 24 rounds per minute, She's modified for high armour piercing damage and rapid fire.

It costs over Four Hundred Thousand Credits to fire this weapon for 15 seconds.

This is my rifle *Presenting the Latron*

She's grown onto me as if she were my own sister. I've cared for her and gave her presents, I gave her Custom Cryogenic rounds that freezes an Enemy solid, I gave her a larger magazine and I even polished her to give her the extra mule kick to all who oppose us.

She'll kill a Grineer with only 5 shots and the last one shatters them into pieces. I enjoy my arsenal of fine weaponry, but my greatest prize...will have to be figured out

Edited by Drakeardian

Kinda wish now that there was a weapon called "Sparta"

I see what you did there.

My Braton is an elegant type of fellow. He enjoys good literature, and enjoys writing good literature at his typewriter (especially writing stories about soldiers felling entire legion.)

*I seriously think the Braton sounds like a Typewriter...*

I had a similar impression, but I had a nail gun in mind instead of a typewriter.