Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the best stance for Scindo prime

ThePhantomMan

Question

11 answers to this question

Cleaving Whirlwind because with Broken Bull combo, deals 400% dmg x2 for about 7 swings. Which is actually the whirlwind type skill where you spin in a circle and hit everything around you.

Tempo Royale is fast, can be fun for low levels, but Cleaving goes the extra mile.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Cleaving_Whirlwind

Here, take a look at it on the wiki.

Edited by Alcatraz

15 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

Cleaving Whirlwind because with Broken Bull combo, deals 400% dmg x2 for about 7 swings. Which is actually the whirlwind type skill where you spin in a circle and hit everything around you.

Tempo Royale is fast, can be fun for low levels, but Cleaving goes the extra mile.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Cleaving_Whirlwind

Here, take a look at it on the wiki.

That's assuming you can pull it off. The combo system in this game are really poorly done and I don't know anyone who actually tries to do specific combos and just go for standard or block combos. Basically need to block all the time to survive with melee on most frames anyway.

Personally can't stand 2 handed slashing with anything other than Tempo Royale. I don't need the fastest melee attack in the world, but too slow is painful when you miss or over attack and get stuck in the melee animation and can't move.

Edited by Ceryk

19 minutes ago, Ceryk said:

That's assuming you can pull it off. The combo system in this game are really poorly done and I don't know anyone who actually tries to do specific combos and just go for standard or block combos. Basically need to block all the time to survive with melee on most frames anyway.

My nickname is Dante102 and i do specific combos in specific situations. Pleased to meet you.

It's not hard to do, actually.

Edited by Dante102

1 hour ago, Ceryk said:

Sounds more like you have a personal problem if you can't pull off combos. Because it's not the combo systems fault.

I'm at 2.623 attack with Scindo Prime using just Primed Fury and Berserker, not everyone has Primed Fury, but 200 day login isn't that hugely far away if you play every day anyway.

Galatine Prime using same build is at 2.712 attack speed with Primed Fury and Berserker.

Orthos prime, with Primed Fury and Berserker has an attack speed of 3.255, it's probably about the fastest melee in the game in it's size class, we're not including fist and sparring weapons in this. Tipedo is faster.

But Tempo, with the huge drop in damage compared to Cleaving, isn't worth the use of it in higher levels. For instance I've been able to 1 shot Mutalist Alad V on sorties with Phyisical enhancement, which gives resistances to IPS dmg, all the while using Scindo/Galatine equipped with Cleaving. He was immune so I got some combo counter built up, he become vulnerable and died to Broken Bull spin the instant he was.

I actually have a riven on my Scindo prime so my actual attack speed is 2.942 instead of the 2.623. Riven replaced Primed Fury just for that reason, not to mention the other stats.

Here is a Galatine Prime equipped with Cleaving Whirlwind vs Juggernaut, which is level 100 in the screenshot. Take a look at the massive chunk of life taken out on such an armored enemy.

xQZxRqv.jpg

Tempo is faster, maybe easier for some with the combo's, which I don't have any troubles doing combo's with any stance, period. But when you want something dead, and want it dead real quick, Cleaving Whirlwind is the better stance for that.

(Primed) Reach isn't necessary either.

Spoiler

I use this exact same build from my Scindo here, to Galatine Prime, AND Fragor Prime as well.

YIyoISd.jpg

Spoiler

Physical resistant sorties I mentioned, I don't know if I have any screenshots of the actual fight with Mutalist Alad V, but I do have these.

r0RyrT2.jpg

5aqcLJ7.jpg

bxBuM5U.jpg

Edited by Alcatraz
Additional screenshots.

Tempo or cleaving, depending on the mobility and utility you want outa the weapon.

I dare say that tempo works best with high attack speed builds and frames due to its big chunks of animation with each hit but it provides you with movement, insane Cc (especially the block combo) and knockdown immunity while you're going.

Cleaving works great regardless, deals high raw and it protects you in melee range (gold for infested) but it requires range and coordination while limiting your movement.

Both are great. To an extend that it's probably more preference then one really beein better or worse then the other....

Be aware that the stance multiplier only affects its raw damage tho so if you're aiming for a meta build (mixed crit and status) then you're probably better off using atterax, nikanas or sword weapons (dual or single - beein broken war or prisma/prime skana for the most part) 

5 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

Sounds more like you have a personal problem if you can't pull off combos. Because it's not the combo systems fault.

The Devs have publicly stated in more than one Dev Stream that they know the combos are not very user friendly, especially when combined with high attack speed, and are likely going to change the more difficult ones, so I'd hardly call it a personal problem when there are enough people having difficulty with it that they are thinking about redoing it.

I could pull it off it I practiced, but I've seen little reason to do so, especially these days with all the conditional mods and hit combo mods that help with damage. Which is yet another reason the system needs a look at.

Edited by Ceryk

Cleaving Whirlwind because this

9 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

Broken Bull combo, deals 400% dmg x2 for about 7 swings. Which is actually the whirlwind type skill where you spin in a circle and hit everything around you.

9 hours ago, Ceryk said:

I never had a problem with this combo. Due to slow atack speed of heavy wepons  Broken Bull is actually very easy to do. But it's a matter of practice.

I like using both, but my reasons are a little different:  I like using cleaving ww for a full crit build, which you would generally use on the scindo (blood rush, body count, etc.)  The reasoning for this being I find cleaving ww easier to use and, yes the broken bull combo.  I only use tempo when I do a slash status build on the galatine, because if you use weeping wounds, you can proc slash in just the first combo move every time, and it melts high level enemies really fast.