Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Roadmap Part 3: When & Status Thread?

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, Rynslet said:

I doubt anyone is reading this at page 19 or 20 or whatever this will be when I finish typing this.

But can we please just have set release dates? Like, I don't even care if a major update is finalized a week before it's set to release, people have been expecting it all week, just sitting and waiting for a response, or a redtext. And I know you've been working very hard, down to the wire, so to speak.. And maybe that's the intention? A circle of hype that leads to hypemongering that leads to more hype? But I would like to think that's not the case. Or maybe it's a product of "improvement bias" (The longer you work on something the more and more you want to do with it and add to it instead of just releasing it and improvving it later. This has an actual name, but I can't think of it.)

But I for one would prefer to know an exact date and time when it's going to drop. Even if, as I said, it's a week or more after devolopment is completely finished.

Date: Today.  Time: within 2 hours

Just now, Rynslet said:

I doubt anyone is reading this at page 19 or 20 or whatever this will be when I finish typing this.

But can we please just have set release dates? Like, I don't even care if a major update is finalized a week before it's set to release, people have been expecting it all week, just sitting and waiting for a response, or a redtext. And I know you've been working very hard, down to the wire, so to speak.. And maybe that's the intention? A circle of hype that leads to hypemongering that leads to more hype? But I would like to think that's not the case. Or maybe it's a product of "improvement bias" (The longer you work on something the more and more you want to do with it and add to it instead of just releasing it and improvving it later. This has an actual name, but I can't think of it.)

But I for one would prefer to know an exact date and time when it's going to drop. Even if, as I said, it's a week or more after devolopment is completely finished.

Setting a release date far in advance. Either you weren't around or don't remember the nightmare that turned out to be the U19/The War Within original release window. 

1 minute ago, Phoenixian_Ultimatum said:

Setting a release date far in advance. Either you weren't around or don't remember the nightmare that turned out to be the U19/The War Within original release window. 

I don't remember it off the top of my head, but I'm assuming they missed the window?

Even so, even if it's way after the window, they could have gone "We finished it today (monday, for example), we're releasing it thursday at noon, EST"

2 minutes ago, Phoenixian_Ultimatum said:

Missed it by MONTHS.

This is kind of the point that I'm getting at though. They need to stop with "release windows" like "It will release this week! Promise!" And just finish it, -then- announce a release date, instead of just dropping it when it's finished.

Especially for something as time-sensitive as they've made this with all of the rediculous "Twitch Drop" buisness.

After this update launches and after that first wave of hotfixes, you all need to take a break. Seriously, hats off to you DE, take a bow then take a seat with a cold one and pajamas. The bugs left after the hotfixes can easily be done after a well deserved rest.