Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Motion Sickness on the Plains - Separate FOV slider?

eksby

So I've never really had motion sickness in Warframe. But for some reason, the Plains get me really motion sick, especially because the camera hugs too close to my Warframe. I changed the FoV to be as high as it could be in the Plains—but then in normal missions I get motion sick.

Could there be a separate FOV slider for the Plains vs missions? And possibly higher FoV for the Plains?

Anyone else having this issue?

I just figured what was wrong with me, for the first time ever since I've started playing,the game is giving me motion sickness. but only on the plains! I now understand why i can't appreciate them... I really need to learn why it is doing that and fix it... i'll try to check if changing my FOV will help.

Same.. Felt really unwell and am still having issues aiming and rotating.

I used a temporary workaround of adjusting the games aspect ratio in teh graphics settings to 21:9. It made the plains allot more playable. Still have issues with farsight targets with this setting but atleast im not dizzy after 10 seconds.

Just now, Mishotaki said:

there should be some way to know how to fix it... like a motion sickness modifier or recommendations built in the game...

Honestly if you get motion sickness from video games it should be up to you to determine what causes it. Not every person is the same and solutions are personal. On that note I'd start with depth of field, motion blur and FOV. The next step would probably be to determine if your monitor is too far away or to close to your eyes. If I sit away from my monitor any game will give me motion sickness, I know a few people who are the same about sitting too close.

3 minutes ago, CarrotSalad said:

Yea, The limited FOV also means i cant even go fishing.. With a 16:9 aspect ratio with the fov maxed at 78 my tenno is taking up 2/3rds of my screen.

the fishing is the one thing that I couldn't enjoy before... and after spending a while doing it, I understand that this is why... 

Just now, Firetrucksrule said:

Honestly if you get motion sickness from video games it should be up to you to determine what causes it. Not every person is the same and solutions are personal. On that note I'd start with depth of field, motion blur and FOV. The next step would probably be to determine if your monitor is too far away or to close to your eyes. If I sit away from my monitor any game will give me motion sickness, I know a few people who are the same about sitting too close.

i doubt the monitor distance would be my problem, i've been playing  with this setup for over a year without problems before the plains update...

Dept of field and Motion blur are always turned off in every game because i think it is unnecessary post-processing... i'll try to change my FOV tomorrow, when i won't feel like throwing up anymore...

Just now, Firetrucksrule said:

On that note I'd start with depth of field, motion blur and FOV.

I always have this off.. Its the very first thing i go to in every game i play. I even put up with ugly blocky graphics in Dirt Rally from disabling the shaders when the motion blur and FOV could'nt be disabled whenever it was enabled.

Also have to remember some monitors have G2G and Reponse time and input lag which in some cases creates the motion blur due to the actual design of the monitor/computer screen.

6 minutes ago, CarrotSalad said:

I always have this off.. Its the very first thing i go to in every game i play. I even put up with ugly blocky graphics in Dirt Rally from disabling the shaders when the motion blur and FOV could'nt be disabled whenever it was enabled.

Also have to remember some monitors have G2G and Reponse time and input lag which in some cases creates the motion blur due to the actual design of the monitor/computer screen.

Lol back to my point that solutions are personal. Well I hope you guys find some relief, that's honestly all the tips I can think of off the top of my head

It's the Barfwing system. The same "Experimental" Archwing system that was making a large number of people suffer from simulation sickness before.

All the reasons that "Experimental" mode were bad for motion sickness still apply to Plains of Eidolon's Archwing.... And even more so due to the existing relative environment. It's a horrible system and needs to be dropped. DE needs to stop experimenting with it, it's already proven to be untenable.  

Edited by Brasten