Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus Wisps Economy Discussion, and my take.

Quedion

So, you guys can state your problems and/or balance out the problems and give your reasoning, but i'm just going to start this off here:

The thing that really takes the piss out of farming for anything related for cetus wisps is the grind for them. They are EXTREMELY hard to find, and not only that but I actively searched for 3 nights in a row, here are my results:

Night 1:) 3 Cetus Wisps

Night 2:) 4 Cetus Wisps

Night 3:) 1 Cetus Wisp

It just doesnt feel all that rewarding, knowing that I'll have to farm for about a week at the least if you get home from school at ~4:00 and then do homework until ~5:30 and go to bed at around ~11:00 

Math listed down below. Note: The above takes into account doing sorties everyday, which can take different amounts of time. Also, you might get home from school/dont go to school and have more homework/have less homework. I know.

Assuming we get 8 cetus wisps total over 3 nights, on average we get around (8/3 = 2.33~) 2-3 cetus  wisps a night, at the most 4. Each night cycle is 50 minutes, so assuming you have 50 minutes to get 2-3 cetus wisps, we can do the math. Since the first basic amp requires 30 cetus wisps, 30/3 = 10, 10x50 = 500.  you can expect to farm for 500 minutes or 8.3 Hours AT THE LEAST. 

Lets assume that most people will get half nights with 2 wisps, and 3 wisps. (15/2 = 7.5, + 15/3 = 5.) = 12.5 x 50 = 625 = 10.4 Hours IN BETWEEN

And then, for those unlucky, getting 2 average cetus wisps a night. 30/2 = 15x50 = 750 or 12.5 Hours AT THE MOST

My suggestion to change this? Make wisps more viable. Have a certain amount of wisps spawn during the night have a higher pitched sentinent sound play when near. Preferably have 5-10 spawn per night, or another change is to just tone down the cost of cetus wisps to 5 (per part) for the beginning amp.

Thanks. Remember to post any idea down below or tell me if I did something wrong. Thank you!

~Owen

Edited by Quedion

1 hour ago, Quedion said:

My suggestion to change this? Make wisps more viable. Have a certain amount of wisps spawn during the night have a higher pitched sentinent sound play when near. Preferably have 5-10 spawn per night, or another change is to just tone down the cost of cetus wisps to 5 (per part) for the beginning amp.

All right. It's a valid suggestion and I can get behind that. Also to note though. They don't just spawn at night. They're just easier to spot at night. They respawn at something around an hour or so at various locations.

Just now, Cortanis said:

All right. It's a valid suggestion and I can get behind that. Also to note though. They don't just spawn at night. They're just easier to spot at night. They respawn at something around an hour or so at various locations.

Good to know, thank you!

21 minutes ago, TankHunter678 said:

My experience with Cetus Wisp is that they tend to spawn near water and they show up on Loot Radar. Since most materials that show up on Loot Radar do not spawn near water they generally are not too hard to find.

I've yet to see a wisp show up on my loot radar. This would be nice though.

4 minutes ago, TankHunter678 said:

The one I just found I found because I was just following my Loot Radar to objects, even double checked before I picked it up for this thread.

Interesting... maybe it was a bug before that they weren't showing up on mine and then got a ninja fix. That's all I can figure since I've ran animal instinct since it came out.

1 hour ago, Cortanis said:

Interesting... maybe it was a bug before that they weren't showing up on mine and then got a ninja fix. That's all I can figure since I've ran animal instinct since it came out.

On day 1, I ran out and I found 2 of them just sitting by the waterside through Animal Instinct's loot radar.

they frequently also spawn near pounds or anywhere with water, they just... go as quickly away as they show up.

Also this:

21 minutes ago, minibboy35 said:

these cetus wisp actually are easy obtain with the use of loot radar and of the such. plus boosters do affect the amount you get while cat 2x buff does not.

...good luck

This is kinda funny. I thought they were hard to farm until I realized about the water. I then farmed 20 of them in less than 30 minutes.

What you do is leave Cetus. Head straight to the big lake straight to the north. Run around it, grabbing 1-5 wisps, then re-enter Cetus. Repeat. In my loki with speed mods, it takes about 3 or so minutes per run. It nets me wisps faster than anything else I've tried. Wisps reset just like everything else once you re-enter the town and come back out.

Edited by ssj782

32 minutes ago, TonyWong said:

in that case is it faster doing one round or running the map constantly and hoping for a respawn?

More efficient running map reloads, but if you're not specifically out for wisps it's still a viable loot if you're in the areas for them. Usually I'm fishing/farming sentient cores as a primary and wisps as a secondary. I've still managed to build the first upgrade amp just casually doing this.

Farming wisps are more annoying then farming kavat DNA when they first launched(before several fixes). after 7 days of playing on the Plains I only collected 8 or 9 wisps and all of them during day time. At night I can't even see them. 

Believe it or not but they are more visible during daytime on plane sight with everything yellow and brown around them bun not in the dark when they are supposed to glow :|

Edited by Traxadel

you managed to find 4 in a single night? Nice, i never yet managed to get more than 2, but most often i get a nice round 0.
They should spawn much more often, or another good solution imho would be, always giving 1 wisp for completing 1-4 bounties, besides the other rewards, and 2 wisps for completing last bounty.