Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

'Abort mission' change title to 'Save and Extract'

main_antagonist

EDIT; Update 22.1.0 has changes to saving.

• There is now a 'Leave Squad' option in the Plains of Eidolon. This will allow you to depart from a squad to your own session, which will allow you to extract independently. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Lots of toxic players didn't read the patch notes ...

"Saving your Progress on the Plains happens in a number of ways - most of which are automatic!

1) If you return to Cetus through the gates at any point, your mission concludes and all progress is saved.

2) If you return to your Landing Craft via the escape menu. 
3) All progress is automatically saved on completing Bounties or Incursions.

4) Fishing, Mining, or using consumables results in a specific save of that content (fish caught, minerals extracted, consumables used)."

I've been harassed multiple times for not holding hands at the gate and leaving to go back to Cetus as a group.

Even after informing these kinds of players that their progress is already saved and all they have to do is abort mission to leave they continue to ignore the facts and harass you and swear at you etc.

The reality is if people are joining on my session when I'm on public and aren't aware of new features that allow automatic saves, they want to stick to what they know and if you don't do what they want they kick and scream until they get their way.

Since this is becoming an ongoing issue I'm making a post that suggests the old procedural generated tile maps have the abort mission and lose progress warning, while on the other hand ...

When you are on the Plains of Eidolon  the prompt has a different title to indicate that progress is saved therefore stopping toxic people being abusive because they'll be more informed.

Edited by main_antagonist
Update 22.1.0

Woah, i read the patch note while downloading the update and don't remember any of this, must have skip it by inadvertence or just forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder.

I just have one question. What happens if i'm suddenly disconnected while in the plains ? I assume i lost everything a got since the last saving point ?

Edit: It would be nice if we could have the choice to request a "group extract".

Edited by Kurtys

Just now, Kurtys said:

Woah, i read the patch note while downloading the update and don't remember any of this, must have skip it by inadvertence or just forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder.

I just have one question. What happens if i'm suddenly disconnected while in the plains ? I assume i lost everything a got since the last saving point ?

If the loot was synchronized it should be saved however I'm certain that if you disconnected during a bounty or incursion your progress would be lost since I don't think it saves your progress towards completing that bounty only the final reward would trigger the save to give your account the loot, however I think if you went fishing while in the middle of a bounty the fish would be saved to your account and same with the mining.

2 minutes ago, main_antagonist said:

however I think if you went fishing while in the middle of a bounty the fish would be saved to your account and same with the mining.

Do you think it makes a total save or just save the item.?

Like, if i raid a random grineer camp, kill a lot of badies, get lots of mods and ressources, and then go mine some azurites, does it save everything or only the azurites ?

If it saves everything, it would be a funny way to manually save our progress !

On 10/20/2017 at 1:37 PM, Kurtys said:

Do you think it makes a total save or just save the item.?

Like, if i raid a random grineer camp, kill a lot of badies, get lots of mods and ressources, and then go mine some azurites, does it save everything or only the azurites ?

If it saves everything, it would be a funny way to manually save our progress !

I tested it with fish and mining and it worked but I haven't tested mods or xp

To be fair, it's not unreasonable for people to not want to exit via the menu when it's all WARNING WARNING, ABORTING MISSION WILL LOSE ALL YOUR STUFF.

And it's not unreasonable for people to have not read the news post.

Not to excuse people, but yes. I agree wholeheartedly, that menu option NEEDS to change when you're on the Plains.

So, i just tested it and aborting the mission doesn't save your progress. I did a quick run and picked up some iradites and 2 cetus wisps before aborting, and i came back to cetus with nothing. So if it's supposed to be a feature, it's not working.

Edited by Kurtys

9 hours ago, Kurtys said:

So, i just tested it and aborting the mission doesn't save your progress. I did a quick run and picked up some iradites and 2 cetus wisps before aborting, and i came back to cetus with nothing. So if it's supposed to be a feature, it's not working.

It worked for me when I tested it, sorry to hear it didn't work for you.

14 minutes ago, main_antagonist said:

It worked for me when I tested it, sorry to hear it didn't work for you.

The problem is that it doesn't update to the loot servers for each and every item you pick up. The only two times that I am aware (and I could be wrong) that it updates to the servers is after you have completed a bounty and after you have gotten a resource from either mining or fishing*. So simply changing the title form Abort to "Save and Exit" unless they changed the fuction to actually save and exit would be misleading. 

*and I am not 100% sure if the mining/fishing updates for everything you had gathered up to that point or if it just updates that singular ore/gem/fish 

Edited by Oreades

5 minutes ago, Oreades said:

The problem is that it doesn't update to the loot servers for each and every item you pick up. The only two times that I am aware (and I could be wrong) that it updates to the servers is after you have completed a bounty and after you have gotten a resource from either mining or fishing*. So simply changing the title form Abort to "Save and Exit" unless they changed the fuction to actually save and exit would be misleading. 

*and I am not 100% sure if the mining/fishing updates for everything you had gathered up to that point or if it just updates that singular ore/gem/fish 

Then I guess the solution is not to just change the menu option, but for that menu option to actually trigger the 'end mission' sequence rather than just 'abort'

Except is DOESN'T work the way the patch notes say it should. In 100% of cases where I hit abort, no matter what I have done out on the plains, I lose everything.

And before you say" well then that's a bug.." It doesn't matter if its a bug or not, that's the way its currently working for the majority of users. 

So get off your high horse and realize that you aren't the only person in the world. If you don't like being grouped with people who are experiencing this bug, then don't play public.

Yeah, the patch notes lied. Aborting causes you to lose all progress. Many players learned this the hard way. If someone wants to leave, and you want to stay, you are holding their rewards hostage. In some cases, those rewards represent a lot of time and effort. You are the one creating a negative experience for other players, ergo "toxic". It isn't their fault that the game doesn't work the way you think it does. Even if you have a very good reason to think so, they know differently, and act accordingly. So yes, if you hold them up for 10 minutes or more on the notion of "just abort, it's fine", they're going to be mad, because it's not fine. I'm not excusing any hostile/abusive language, but you need to know that. Aborting is not fine.

Rather than renaming the abort button to something inaccurate, we should be allowed to manually trigger individual extraction at the gate to Cetus at any time ("Disconnect from the squad and extract? Y/N").

On 10/19/2017 at 8:26 PM, Kurtys said:

What happens if i'm suddenly disconnected while in the plains ?

Well, I can tell you that crashing right after a perfect Teralyst run cost me all of the loot, even though I reconnected. There was evidence that the loot had been there, but it wasn't in my inventory, and I couldn't collect it again. As for crashing/disconnecting either before or after completing a bounty or incursion, I couldn't say. But even if the checkpoints for those missions work as intended, you would probably still lose everything after that.

On 10/21/2017 at 3:54 PM, DreamsmithJane said:

Yeah, the patch notes lied. Aborting causes you to lose all progress. Many players learned this the hard way. If someone wants to leave, and you want to stay, you are holding their rewards hostage. In some cases, those rewards represent a lot of time and effort. You are the one creating a negative experience for other players, ergo "toxic". It isn't their fault that the game doesn't work the way you think it does. Even if you have a very good reason to think so, they know differently, and act accordingly. So yes, if you hold them up for 10 minutes or more on the notion of "just abort, it's fine", they're going to be mad, because it's not fine. I'm not excusing any hostile/abusive language, but you need to know that. Aborting is not fine.

Rather than renaming the abort button to something inaccurate, we should be allowed to manually trigger individual extraction at the gate to Cetus at any time ("Disconnect from the squad and extract? Y/N").

Well, I can tell you that crashing right after a perfect Teralyst run cost me all of the loot, even though I reconnected. There was evidence that the loot had been there, but it wasn't in my inventory, and I couldn't collect it again. As for crashing/disconnecting either before or after completing a bounty or incursion, I couldn't say. But even if the checkpoints for those missions work as intended, you would probably still lose everything after that.

That sounds like a server issue I bet loads of people lost their loot from the consecutive hot fixes recently one after another after another stuff like that is bound to happen, I tested it when there was no hot fixes being deployed and all my loot was still there I'll test it again later :) 

The good news is that warframe support is pretty helpful so I'm sure you'd get your loot back if you write a ticket, I've got the habit of screenshotting or streaming my game on low resolution just as a backup when I do long loot grinds in case I need to submit a ticket

grammar

As my first post states ...

"Saving your Progress on the Plains happens in a number of ways - most of which are automatic!

1) If you return to Cetus through the gates at any point, your mission concludes and all progress is saved.

2) If you return to your Landing Craft via the escape menu. 

3) All progress is automatically saved on completing Bounties or Incursions.
4) Fishing, Mining, or using consumables results in a specific save of that content (fish caught, minerals extracted, consumables used)."

Some are making claims that the plains and saving does not work unless you go through the gates which is false I've now provided video streams of my gameplay to prove this. 

The method of saving I'm using is 3) All progress is automatically saved on completing Bounties or Incursions. Followed by 2) If you return to your Landing Craft via the escape menu.  No gate required, you'll notice I go to the vendors in Cetus to show that the materials I gathered have synced to my account.

4) Fishing, Mining, or using consumables results in a specific save of that content (fish caught, minerals extracted, consumables used).

I've tested this and you will lose materials such as Maprico, Iradite, Condroc Wing, Kuaka Spinal Claw etc if you use method 2 but you will retain what is stated in point 4).

Fish will save specifically fish and fish alone ... as is the same for Mining and Consumables (example Squad Energy Restores, Archwing Launcher etc.)

Example 1 bounty / incursion save followed by aborting the plains retaining all my loot.

Example 2 

Fishing and mining retaining all my loot for specific saves as stated in the patch notes.

@Demogarose, @DreamsmithJane, @Stinker, @Oreades, @Kurtys 

@main_antagonist Today i lost 3 expectational cores and 10 intact ones along with some mining goods when i decided to hit the abort mission button. I finished killing the teralyst and returned the gate where i noticed the others started doing incursions, i didnt had time for that so i proceeded to hit abort. The patch notes says it will save i think.

Well nope.

Lost a hour long of work.

Lost the mining materials, but most importantly lost the cores.

At this point i rather be toxic than losing stuff again.

1 minute ago, Fallen_Echo said:

@main_antagonist Today i lost 3 expectational cores and 10 intact ones along with some mining goods when i decided to hit the abort mission button. I finished killing the teralyst and returned the gate where i noticed the others started doing incursions, i didnt had time for that so i proceeded to hit abort. The patch notes says it will save i think.

Well nope.

Lost a hour long of work.

Lost the mining materials, but most importantly lost the cores.

At this point i rather be toxic than losing stuff again.

You said they started doing the incursion? If they had completed it you would have had everything saved and could have ditched them if they didn't want to come to the gate with you, sorry to hear you lost your loot.

Next time people want to leave you at the gate just jump on the first incursion you see and abort is my personal preference.

If even the OP of the thread is saying that they have to do a bounty/incursion before hitting the button, then obviously everybody here agrees the button itself does not trigger a save, so it definitely should not be renamed to "Save and Exit" as long as that's the case.

Just now, main_antagonist said:

You said they started doing the incursion? If they had completed it you would have had everything saved and could have ditched them if they didn't want to come to the gate with you, sorry to hear you lost your loot.

Next time people want to leave you at the gate just jump on the first incursion you see and abort is my personal preference.

The sun came up and i gone to the gate with a second guy, the other 2 stayed. One started to fish the other picked up an incursion. I only aborted at the gate because that place should save progress automatically but it looks like its not doing that.

9 minutes ago, Zetalight said:

If even the OP of the thread is saying that they have to do a bounty/incursion before hitting the button, then obviously everybody here agrees the button itself does not trigger a save, so it definitely should not be renamed to "Save and Exit" as long as that's the case.

Yes it should change after doing a bounty or incursion, or change the entire save feature to just save on mission extract instead of this abort mission prompt we have in place currently. The current system is confusing people too much.

3 hours ago, main_antagonist said:

Yes it should change after doing a bounty or incursion, or change the entire save feature to just save on mission extract instead of this abort mission prompt we have in place currently. The current system is confusing people too much.

I agree, but don't make a post saying others are wrong and toxic for not believing it won't save when you yourself confirm that the button does not, in fact, save. Far from a title change, the button needs a functionality change, and I think everybody's been agreeing on that since day 1 with people asking for in-Plains extraction options.

1 minute ago, Zetalight said:

I agree, but don't make a post saying others are wrong and toxic for not believing it won't save when you yourself confirm that the button does not, in fact, save. Far from a title change, the button needs a functionality change, and I think everybody's been agreeing on that since day 1 with people asking for in-Plains extraction options.

It does in fact save because we finished a bounty :) I've supplied video proof that save system works, I'll make whatever post I want on the forums as long as it abides by the guidelines.

4 minutes ago, main_antagonist said:

It does in fact save because we finished a bounty :) I've supplied video proof that save system works, I'll make whatever post I want on the forums as long as it abides by the guidelines.

The game saves progress when you finish a bounty. The button does not save the game. Do not change the button to say it saves the game, and do not tell other people that the button saves the game, because the button does not save the game. The bounty saves the game.

1 minute ago, Zetalight said:

The game saves progress when you finish a bounty. The button does not save the game. Do not change the button to say it saves the game, and do not tell other people that the button saves the game, because the button does not save the game. The bounty saves the game.

So my idea of save and extract instead of abort mission being in place after the bounty system has saved is being taken out of context cool cool I like your style man. 

My favorite part was where you came in here denying me free speech, scroll up and you'll see how I acknowledge the save system in great detail provide video proof that the system works, have made a suggestion on changing the U.I elements.

Let's look at my sentence and break it down into it's raw components;

"Since this is becoming an ongoing issue I'm making a post that suggests the old procedural generated tile maps have the abort mission and lose progress warning, while on the other hand ...

When you are on the Plains of Eidolon  the prompt has a different title to indicate that progress is saved therefore stopping toxic people being abusive because they'll be more informed."

"I'm making a post that suggests"

"suggests"

suggest
səˈdʒɛst/
verb

1. 1.
    put forward for consideration.
    "I suggest that we wait a day or two"
    synonyms: propose, put forward, submit, recommend, advocate; More

2. 2.
    cause one to think that (something) exists or is the case.
    "finds of lead coffins suggested a cemetery north of the river"
    synonyms: indicate, lead to the belief, give the impression, give the idea, argue, point to, demonstrate, show, evince More