Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus 2.0 - Why aren't nodes just enabled from the start?

Almagnus1

I'm looking at the focus tree, and I'm wondering why we even have skill points (where you have to allocate enough open points to level the talents).

I mean, there's absolutely no reason for this to be here as all the traits should be a "yes to all".  I can understand if DE wants to do a focus sink... but why not make the actual traits themselves cost more, and when you unlock then, just enable them?

Point pool is only there to eat focus.  It's not fun to spill focus into, there's no satisfaction pouring 30k-something so that I can finally spend another 300K+ on upgrading an actual skill, it's just a dumb idea at best, a sinister and intentional time sink at worst.  It would actually make more sense if we could spend plat to increase the point pool, but we can't even do that, so it's just there to waste time because somebody on the team thought it was a good idea for... some reason.

1. Remove Convergence orbs entirely
  2. Make Focus a "Press 6 to activate" when the meter is filled. (Or press whatever)
    • Works the same
    • Only available for a limited time as is now
    • Gives us a bit more control over when to activate it
    • This would be specially useful in large tiles or the Plains
  3. Remove the pool entirely
  4. Cut costs by half

Boom. Focus is fixed, we can start progressing towards goals. Not perfect, but it's a major step in the right direction as I'm sure some others will agree. Plus once the first step is taken we can start really fine tuning things. As it is now though? It's not ok.

Sadly, I don't think they'll change Focus as they seem to never change things, only tweak them. We'll probably see a focus increase, but nothing changed... Which is a pity because this entire Operatorframe system is boring and defeats the entire feel of a space ninja...