The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Let's Drop Convergence Orbs for Focus 2.0

Acos

Honestly, don't screw this up DE... We don't want vivergate 2.0, and I fear your solution will be something like "let's remove convergence orbs, buff lenses to a minuscule amount then nerf stealth bonus multiplier farming.

Personally, i'd the best way would be to remove convergence orbs, buff lenses to 15-20-25% affinity conversion and maybe increase the daily cap to 400000 or something. Then in a year or so, once people have caught up and maxed their trees, you add in new nodes to the tree to keep it a long-term goal, even if those nodes are expensive.

29 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Alternatively, have ALL of these grant focus to ALL schools, with a bonus if it matches your school's theme.

That way you're not roped into only ever doing melee channeling with debuffs to get focus if you happened to pick Zenurik, but are still rewarded for specifically doing so.

Agreed, with the list of eligible Focus gain actions expanded, it may actually be fun for a change for casual players and farmers alike than just those favoring widescale murderous rampages on Affinity hotspots.

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We'll be discussing this on tomorrow's stream!

That's only one problem with Focus 2.0 though, and there's a plethora of others around it. Focus acquirement, gain amount, and ability+ upgrade costs all need to be looked at with a serious eye. And I feel the need to express concern over Convergence being planned for discussion on tomorrow's stream, yet today's hotfix modified the orb. I'm hoping the system receives proper treatment in the near future, because at the moment, Focus 2.0's demands far exceed reward.

Edited by LazerSkink

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Please take this idea into consideration.

Weekly challenges for Operator. Three tasks of varying difficulty to do every week.

For example, a single weekly challenge list could be like:

- kill 200 enemies with your Operator;

- build up a 500% stealth counter with your Operator;

- complete a spy mission where only your Operator can enter the vault.

Completing a weekly challenge awards us with some kind of focus relic that can be converted into 1 000 000 focus points in any tree.

46 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Please take this idea into consideration.

Weekly challenges for Operator. Three tasks of varying difficulty to do every week.

For example, a single weekly challenge list could be like:

- kill 200 enemies with your Operator;

- build up a 500% stealth counter with your Operator;

- complete a spy mission where only your Operator can enter the vault.

Completing a weekly challenge awards us with some kind of focus relic that can be converted into 1 000 000 focus points in any tree.

Challenges would be cool, and I certainly wouldn't say no to an easy 1m focus, but maybe something a little more difficult if the reward was so high. That, or a lower reward for something so easy.

Perhaps each mission could even have separate operator challenges, alongside what we have for, say, 10 headshots or 30 rifle kills, but giving specifically focus instead of affinity. Again though, I'd happily do a slightly harder challenge for more focus if it meant getting it faster.

What if the Convergence Orb was a Droppable/Consumable like the Energy/Health/Shield/Ammo Wells that drops a "Convergence Accumulator" that for 60 seconds Charges Every enemy that Has/Will Spawn?

When the last charged enemy dies the Accumulator will drop a "C-Orb" each having the sum total of Focus Points for everyone with a Lens for that Focus.

11 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

You know, I was excited for this weeks streams to see you guys digest all the feedback on the plains we've been giving. I'm doubly excited to see you guys talk about this in particular. 

Love ya, DE. 

Edited by Acos

On 10/21/2017 at 11:32 AM, Acos said:

Convergence Orbs are a game mechanic tied to Focus 2.0 which spawn on somewhat fixed intervals on enemy spawn points and are REQUIRED for the player to grab if they want to level up their Focus trees. They are mostly an annoying aspect of the focus system and break the flow of gameplay by requiring you to drop everything that you are doing in order to go seek out the convergence orb and then return to your objective, except that now you have the added pressure of killing as many enemies as you possibly can during its' brief duration. They can become more frustrating during defense or excavation missions in that they have a tendency to spawn near the end of the wave cycle and then get eaten up waiting for enemies to send another wave after you.

With Focus having a daily cap and Focus 2.0 having a dramatically increased demand for affinity to max out the new abilities I feel that convergence orbs are an antiquated game mechanic that no longer needs to be part of Warframe and would like to see them removed entirely. This would allow the more casual player more access to the new Focus 2.0 powers and alleviate veteran players from having to take advantage of stealth kill bonus mechanics to more quickly max out their daily standing every single day. Instead the player should just gain affinity for their chosen school based on the lens' they have equipped for every point of affinity they earn while in the mission up to their daily cap. Gameplay would be more fluid without having to periodically go hunt down an orb, and Focus 2.0 costs might not seem so unobtainable and daunting as access to Focus 2.0 affinity would become more naturally accessible. 

Thanks for listening, DE~ 

I think people are forgetting another reason for the convergence orbs: keeping a team together within affinity range.  And for that purpose, they're great.  I like the active gameplay of them.

But in that context, the problem is that teams often move so fast that the orbs often spawn near the previous skirmish site, so to get them you have to backtrack, and that's the annoying thing.

I like convergence orbs. It makes you work a bit to accomplish something. That being said I believe focus should accrue at the same rate as regular affinity and convergence orbs should DOUBLE or TRIPLE the amount of focus gained. Focus allowed also should be current amount + 10000/rank, thus MR24 should be 490k

8 hours ago, jiminatorx said:

I like convergence orbs. It makes you work a bit to accomplish something. That being said I believe focus should accrue at the same rate as regular affinity and convergence orbs should DOUBLE or TRIPLE the amount of focus gained. Focus allowed also should be current amount + 10000/rank, thus MR24 should be 490k

I too believe that being forced to inconvenience yourself is not only "working to accomplish something" but is also not irritating at all or disruptive to general mission flow

[/sarcasm]

7 hours ago, jiminatorx said:

ok, press 4 to win then

whether or not you're pressing 4 to win or actually shooting things (even though if you're farming focus you're definitely pressing 4 to win), it breaks the flow to head off in some random direction to pick up a ball. Wade through a bunch of enemies, abandoning a defense objective to go pick one up off in the distance and get back to me on the subject.