Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give us a way to silence the alarms permanently in the mission or a longer window before alarm can be activated again

Sepharoth

I hate the alarms in the missions. I get them but I don't like them. And while doing fissure missions, I am constantly being instantly locked out almost every time they set off the alarm. We have the ability to hack the alarm to shut it off so why can't we hack the alarm to shut it off permanently or to keep it from being set off again in the mission. I will shut down the alarm only 20 seconds later to have to go back and shut it down again. Why can't I just shut them down once and for all or at least get a 10 minute timer where they can't reactivate the alarms again. What is the point of shutting down the alarm if they can instantly turn it back on again ? Shutting off the alarms in the missions feels like it has become a mini game that is just plain annoying and we can't skip it or get around it.

I know, just shoot the guys going for the alarm. Well, I do, but most of the guys going for the alarms now are not even in the part of the mission I am in. And not only that, but every enemy npc runs straight to the alarm now. As a matter of fact, they will just run right past me to an alarm instead of attacking me. I used to have to shut down 1 or 2 alarms in a mission and now it's like 10 to 20 every mission I do.

So please give us a way to hack the alarms ( once the alarms have been set off the first time ) to either shut them off for the entire mission or let us have like at least a 10 minute window where the alarms can not be set off again. Thanks.

Edited by Sepharoth

11 minutes ago, DiosGX said:

There is a way to do this.

It's called stealth.

Haha, yeah, stealth in a fissure mission. That's a thing.

I don't know about a permanent alarm kill, but it would be neat to be able to proactively disable alarms. Or to activate a 60-second silent lockdown (which you can manually release if you don't want to wait the whole minute), so that you could lockdown a map tile, kill everyone in it as noisily as you want, and then open it up again to proceed with no other map tiles being aware.

he brings up a valid point.....going from no alarms STRAIGHT to lockdown does NOT make any sense...and it was a change within the last few months as i recall that there used to be a delay between alarm stages.

I think the change was around the time they were fiddling with the AI to stop stealth affinity farming (which apparently hasnt worked if that EXT mission on sedna with sleep frames is still around for focus farming)

Isn't there a confusion here between the "white" alarms (you've been seen, more enemies will be about, looking for you) and the "yellow" alarms - lockdown due to oxygen loss as a result of a window being blown open, for example.  

I would agree if you mean the latter - which FORCE you to hack a console to turn them off.  It's really annoying when you get 2 or 3 of those in quick succession.

But the "white" alarms are good - essentially they mean more mobs to kill.  When you're solo ofc it can be fun to roleplay and treat them seriously.  But in teams, they're of no consequence, or actually slightly good consequence.

I think the biggest benefit of some sort of change would be when you run across a Lockdown-happy set of mobs. For some reasons -- and it is not that common, which is probably why it's noticeable -- you'll get a set of Grineer or Corpus who just LOVE their friggin' lockdowns. You'll be seen, you'll get around 1.2 seconds of low-level white alarms, and then clunk: lockdown activated (and not the "you blew out the windows" lockdown, just your normal lockdown)

You clear it, you move to the next room, and you're locked down again within about 10 seconds. It's weird, and again not that common, but damn is it annoying. 

Maybe you could just make a mod for this like the one we have for extra time to hack the alarms. Make it a 3 rank mod with unranked at no change, rank 1 sets as 3 minutes before next alarm can be set off, rank 2 is 6 minutes before next alarm, and rank 3 is 9 minutes before next alarm can be set off. Though I would like to actually see it as rank 0 no change, rank 1 set to 5 minutes, rank 2 to 10 minutes, and rank 3 to 15 minutes. I spend half my time now shutting down alarms instead of actually playing the mission which is why I play warframe in the first place. Not to play the silence the alarms mini game we have now. If I wanted to spend my time shutting down alarms I would just buy a bunch of alarm clocks and set them to go off at random times here in my house. It wouldn't be any less aggravating to shut down 20 or 30 random alarm clocks around my house every 20 minutes than is it in the game.

5 minutes ago, DeltaPangaea said:

Honestly the thing that baffles me the most is why the hell void dudes and corrupted dudes are setting off alarms in the first place.

They're hiveminded, why are they setting off alarms?

Attract more enemies - corrupt them into allies.