Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Always Sprint" option

Temragon

8 minutes ago, Nacond said:

its not perfect - but just activate the toggle instead of pressing shift (or what else)

I've used this for years, but it shouldn't be this way. "Just activate" means every time you do anything that interrupts sprinting. Shooting, reloading, hard landing, etc.

Would just like a "default sprint" option

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
On 2023-12-17 at 11:02 AM, (PSN)creativedsign said:

6 years later ... still no option to "always sprint"

The game is truly earning a Beta title.

The situation is.. better, but at this point I believe sprinting should be the default movement mode for warframes/operators (Vs vehicle movement, where stamina, boosting, and alternate control modes are involved). Holding a button to walk, or turning sprint default off is fine to have as an option.

• Like 1

Every time a new event comes out, anythng you interact with always disables the sprint toggle. Was that way with Railjack (turrets, piloting, artillery, forge, everything disables sprinting), and still is that way to this day.

The new operation disables sprinting every time you pick up one of those rods.

Can we, after 10 years, finally get a working sprint toggle? No, of course not. Aparrently something so basic is beyond DE...

I've said this many times before, so let me say it again - revamp sprinting:

• Boost standard Warframe movement speed up to current Sprint speed. Use non-sprint animations as those are generally better.
  • Turn Sprint into a Gauss Mag Rush boost of forward speed with limited turning radius, but without any other effects.

This would do a few things. First of all, it would eliminate the currently almost meaningless difference between "Run" and "Sprint". Run would be for manoeuvring, Sprint for travelling longer distances. Secondly, it would give us a less-silly-looking means of quickly traversing flat ground (like hallways) without flopping like salmon swimming upstream to spawn. Ideally, I want regular running to be used for close quarters, sprinting for travelling over basic terrain and bullet-jumping for actual verticality (clearing gaps, climbing walls, navigating tall structures).

A somewhat similar system already exists for Necramechs, albeit with needless complexity. Your Necramech can either walk around with full mobility, or "Hearush" with significant speed but limited control. I'd love to see the same for Warframes.

• Like 1