The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vasto Is Making The Lex Cry :'(

Detheroc

Comeon.... why would you ignore the Lex? It was a 6-Shooter all the time.... all you had to do is give it a revolver skin.... But why release a new gun for it? I love new guns... but that one seems like a giant slap in the face to the Lex. Oh and btw... its better than a Latron from the looks of it cause of that stupidly fast reload speed.

Edited by Detheroc

Comeon.... why would you ignore the Lex? It was a 6-Shooter all the time.... all you had to do is give it a revolver skin.... But why release a new gun for it? I love new guns... but that one seems like a giant slap in the face to the Lex. Oh and btw... its better than a Latron from the looks of it cause of that stupidly fast reload speed.

This is quite different from the Lex. It has 20 less damage, but it's faster firing and reloading AND it's not nearly as accurate as the Latron/Lex. So, it has more of a six-shooter feel, instead of a sniper feel of the Lex and Latron.

Don't worry about it mate. The Lex will survive. 20 dps makes a difference with hornet strike at 100% and damage mods.

You just need to know which one fits your playstyle better. If you like faster firing, go for the vasto. It's all about alternatives.

the lex would be more of a dirty harry magnum revolver the vasto is more of a clint east wood gunslinger revolver lol lex is still the king of high damage long distance pistols and vasto is better for close quarters

Um, Lex feels more like a .50 Desert Eagle, especially b/c of recoil and design.

Seer's officially trumped Lex: Higher Damage Per Shot, Higher Fire Rate & built-in Zoom (basing this on Wiki).

In other instances, such as high level/wave Defense, Kunai beats Lex b/c of Armor Piercing.

Lex is no longer King of Sidearms...

Lex Buff, please!

Edited by Adianoeta

So how is this thing compared to a Lato Prime?

Lato Prime does 45 damage, this does 50.... but yet this only has 6 (I assume?) shots in a clip but with faster reload... I assume 210 max ammo?

I agree, armor scaling does ruin a lot of the weapons this game has to offer.

And the way I see it, Lex = Magnum, and it even has the feel of one, and this revolver one has the feel of what its suppose to be like, I for one will be getting it but still keeping my Lex, which I do like and enjoy using.

Edited by theangelbelow88

Um, Lex feels more like a .50 Desert Eagle, especially b/c of recoil and design.

Seer's officially trumped Lex: Higher Damage Per Shot, Higher Fire Rate & built-in Zoom (basing this on Wiki).  Lex Buff please!

I wouldn't say Seer beats Lex, I own both and the Lex is much easier to use and it doesn't have a travel time and a buggy hit-box like the Seer does, Zoom also makes close and mid combat difficult if your aiming the weapon.

Coming from a Lex, Seer, and now Vasto user, it all depends on what you want

The Seer is for those who prefer basically a sniper side arm without having to go through the pain to get Hawk/Eagle/Bird Eye for the zoom and a nice starting base damage. Of course there's the travel time, so its more suited to the patient type

The Lex is more omni-directional; it can be viable from long to close range fights depending on how you mod it.

The Vasto should be preferably used mid to close range, due to its slightly worse aim than Lex (even though the stats are technically the same). Its base fire cap makes it extremely well suited to close range fights, and i've found it somewhat useful at sniping like the Lex, though not as effective.

All in all, it depends on what you want to play.

I wouldn't say Seer beats Lex, I own both and the Lex is much easier to use and it doesn't have a travel time and a buggy hit-box like the Seer does, Zoom also makes close and mid combat difficult if your aiming the weapon.

I've always felt that on-paper comparisons were misleading - thank you for redirecting me toward that and reaffirming that.  Despite that, I still want a Lex buff  =^D.

To justify the Lex's stopping power why not just give the Lex 100% stagger... 

Would it be any use giving it 100% stagger?

After all, it's a long ranged headshot machine with low fire rate.

By the time you're in range to make the most of the stagger, you'd likely be getting swarmed.

Would it be any use giving it 100% stagger?

After all, it's a long ranged headshot machine with low fire rate.

By the time you're in range to make the most of the stagger, you'd likely be getting swarmed.

It prevents targets that survive from shooting or moving back. If anything what i intend for this to do was for a close range scenario since i run a Lex as all-purpose sidearm.

Seer's officially trumped Lex: Higher Damage Per Shot, Higher Fire Rate & built-in Zoom (basing this on Wiki).

In other instances, such as high level/wave Defense, Kunai beats Lex b/c of Armor Piercing.

Lex is no longer King of Sidearms...

Lex Buff, please!

Seer projectile has travel time.

Lex was never the king of sidearms, only the best extreme long range sniper sidearm.

Lex does not need a buff.

i wouldnt say the Lex is useless after the vasto.  the vasto feels more to me like a viper, empty mag quickly and reload quickly.  the lex is like a handheld sniper rifle or cannon with high damage, low RoF, and a long reload. 

though a slight damage buff for the Lex could make it more viable.  maybe buff damage from 70 to 80-85 and/or boost its RoF from 1.1 to 1.5-2.0