The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

This Event Shows How Horribly Optimized Warframe Is.

nanogenesis

I have an AMD P2 x4 955 @ 4.1Ghz(2.8Ghz NB). I know its not a 'god-tier' processor, but it gets the job done.

To measure its single core-ipc , My cinebench 11.5 score is 1.28 single core. Multi-core is less than 4.0 (around 3.9), but I highly doubt the game utilizes multiple cores.

I was a client. The host had an i5-2500k @ 4.4ghz. Even he reported getting drops to 30fps, on a GTX680. I will try to get his performance numbers during the run (not much of a techie).

I have two 560Tis(highly overclocked), for this test I disabled SLI to avoid negative scaling. The GPU usage was below 50%, even on the highest settings. PhysX is disabled.

C5duTYl.jpg

5OKaOJ7.jpg

Basically the game runs 'average' until when you reach the defend room, the game spawns millions of hordes of enemies, which are indeed fun to fight, but sorry, I dont want to grind in a slideshow for event points. This similar problem exists in Void mobile defense. Yes it looks shiny, but I dont want to be punished for playing.

DE should either fix the spawns, or fix the game(which I believe is harder to do).

Its beta? Then they better work harder on optimization. Yes.

Probably someone with a 5Ghz i7 xyz can show me smooth 60fps numbers, then by all means go ahead. Not everyone has the master race processors.

Disclaimer: I'm probably 0.1~1% of the audience who gets turned off by the game running below 30fps. Half the people dont care, half the people dont notice or w/e.

This is an issue, and i dont really trust them when they say the engine is optimized each patch ...

Hopefully, i run really smoothly in fomorian ships.

This is not the case of void towers. i loose 20fps in some cells, even if my cpu/gpu are at an average 40/70% usage.

I've been playing on an 2500k @ 4,2 ghz w/ a gtx 670 (stcok clock) and haven't had any noticeable lag even while hosting.

Also have been playing on a 1045t w/ a 5750  (all extra stuff off, medium textures and low shadows)  have only had lag while hosting. 

Of course I also turn off a lot of vision obscuring bs (only have AA, local reflections, dynamic lighting, character shadows on and turn off dx11 since there isn't a noticeable difference with it on) even on the other computer.  Sure it looks kind of pretty with those on, but I'd rather be able to consistently see; as an added bonus I get pretty consistent performance too. The 2500k doesn't seem to be quite up to hosting the game when it's under strain from processing all that extra stuff.

Edited by Aggh

Code optimisation is reasonable. Get a better PC if you want more FPS.

Lag is the main bug that hasn't been addressed in months. You can't do anything about connecting to a bad host.

The game completely crashed in the defence room for all players in a party i was in. There was an insane amount of enemies on screen and fps dropped completely then crashed. I was hosting. (AMD A8-3850 quad core @2.9GHz, Radeon HD7770 OC'ed, 8 gigs of 1600mhz RAM, I usually play at max with 40-60fps)

Code optimisation is reasonable. Get a better PC if you want more FPS.

Lag is the main bug that hasn't been addressed in months. You can't do anything about connecting to a bad host.

If by reasonable you mean worse than nearly every other game than yea it's "reasonable".

I think I noticed some sort of pattern.

In this new event, after the time ends in the defense my FPS drop A LOT till the end of the level. But before it ran just fine, even with a decent amount of enemies.

The other thing I noticed was some days ago while I was farming Orokin Cells, was that after killing the boss FPS dropped again but before was running just fine.

Never even had the slightest problem...

I have problems with lots of other already released games, Warframe is one of the few games that run completely smooth on my PC.

(Most of the time I am the host)

Win 7 x64

AMD FX-4100 Quad

16 GB RAM

AMD Radeon 6750

meh... junky computer and I hardly notice anything wrong unless someone else is hosting, and even then only 5% of the time I have a slow mo game. Outside of that it runs smoothly, and my system is literally on life support here... I have to have a giant fan aimed at my laptop while angling it so the air flows underneath. Maybe you guys need a computer with a system that's more powerful then the fan LOL....

meh... junky computer and I hardly notice anything wrong unless someone else is hosting, and even then only 5% of the time I have a slow mo game. Outside of that it runs smoothly, and my system is literally on life support here... I have to have a giant fan aimed at my laptop while angling it so the air flows underneath. Maybe you guys need a computer with a system that's more powerful then the fan LOL....

Not sure how confident you are with computers but I used to have a laptop that overheated constantly, all you need to do is, remove dust from the fan and remove the cpu heatsink then clean out all the dust from it, apply some high quality thermal paste to the cpu. That reduced my temps by about 30-40%.

(Sorry off topic)

Tbh though this game isnt that bad for optimisation, there are worse games. Im looking at you minecraft.

My fps has consistently been at about 70-120 until the fuel node is corrupted. When the defense segment ends and the lights go out, my fps goes down to about 25-35. This stays until almost the end of the level. I have hosted each run. My friend didn't notice these kinds of fps issues and couldn't see the corruption effect on the fuel node.

I got:

a stock i5-3570K

a GTX 660 Ti 2gb version (21.6.2013 drivers)

8gb 1600MHz ram

Yeah, I have a pretty good computer and I still get FPS drops during the defense sections. It's tough because while I love playing on high settings, and most of the time I can, I have to turn them down for those few rare moments where the game just starts to chug along at a snail's pace.

Disclaimer: I'm probably 0.1~1% of the audience who gets turned off by the game running below 30fps. Half the people dont care, half the people dont notice or w/e.

I don't like the slowdowns either.

It won't cause me to quit the game, but all the same, I tend to not like Defense in general and this is one of the many reasons why.

I'm running on an almost 5-year-old computer.

I turned off TOD and Bloom so that I can actually see what I'm doing, I don't have PhysX and the game still looks nice. But, in Infested Levels and in Defense (especially these Fomorians), I'm getting like 20 FPS and I don't have settings turned up at all, in fact I turned a few of them down.

It causes me to miss my shots quite often, my guns shoot slower, and I tend to do horrible damage output because of all the missed shots and slower fire rate.

Then, at the end of the mission, I look like an idiot when I have 6-10% of the total damage done.

I know my computer is old, and I plan on upgrading it soon, but sheesh. This is one of the main reasons why I loathe Defense and Mobile Defense. Just too much crap happening at once.

AMD Zamb 3.6 CPU and a SC EVGA 660 and my game runs fine until I hit 'new' content. FPS on the event ships run it's normal 50-60 till the core is reached and destroyed then all hell breaks loose on my fps >.<

I have a feeling DE releases content THEN optimize it. Nothing necessarily wrong with it but annoying none the less.