Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twin Vipers and Stinging truth

LAWD

Question

5 answers to this question

I love my Viper. I have an awesome Riven for it, that augment (which is extremely great) and I've invested 5 forma in it. But there is a reason why DE made the Viper and Furis augment not compatible with the Twin Vipers (Wraith) and (A/Dex)furis. Things is that Twin Vipers Wraith and Dex Furis have waaaaay better base stats that wouldn't even require an augment to begin with.  They also have the same dispositions, so their Rivens can be just as good as the single counterparts.

3 hours ago, halofury36 said:

Probably because if the mod applied to twin vipers, then no one would use the single viper. It is something that I personally would love, yet the augment mods for weapons were to help create incentive for less used weapons.

sounds a lot like what rivens were suppose to do doesn't it lol

Seems like that system doesn't work does it? The only way to make less used weapons used more is to just simply buff them.

That being said, wraith twin vipers are not popular whatsoever, so having it work on both would not be a bad thing. Also, the slower fire rate on the single viper makes it more economic, thus just as good as the twin when considering duration based gameplay.

Kind of like how the decision between AKLex and Lex Prime is fairly even.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

sounds a lot like what rivens were suppose to do doesn't it lol

Seems like that system doesn't work does it? The only way to make less used weapons used more is to just simply buff them.

Rivens are broad semi-randomized five-tier solutions. 

Weapon-specific mods add far more targeted focus/flavor to specific weapons.  That's way more granular.

I think weapon-specific mods that add unusual effects are pretty much the perfect solution to that problem.  This game isn't about one specific 'perfect' loadout and this allows players to find win/win scenarios where their playstyle plus the weapon's quirks play into each other perfectly.  That's basically min/maxing ourselves.