Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favorite Warframe based on looks and personal meaning

SapphicPirate7

Mag starter, main, apprentice 

Personally studied yoga and was taught magnetism. I remembered that it was a higher form of energy when I picked her, sorry electricity and physical energy. 

Her ulti was a total turn off from the beginning. But I’m still figuring things out her abilities. Mag mains have been extra helpful in sharing her strengths though. 

She makes gunplay more than just gunplay, her 2 has Youtube videos of their own. 1 is underrated like her. 3,4 require research to reach max efficiency and synergy. 

Check out Mag topics to see how eager we are. Also check out my Mag PS feed, you’ll see how much fun she is 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Cheliel2

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El

On November 7, 2017 at 2:03 PM, Gabenight7 said:

Just want to see why some people love a certain Warframe over others for reasons beyond the battle capabilities.

Personally I love Frost Prime because he was my first Prime and I just love the ice theme.

It's Volt and what is artistically the most successful Ascension of a standard to his Prime counterpart.

Somehow there is a suggestive humility to him as the dutiful soldier and deadly tactician.

The scope of his gameplay options and kinetics make him an engaging experience, that, like the Mag-nificent Chel-El above, give rise to combat options few take the time to explore.

Before we knew more about the nature of Warframes and Tenno, I imagined Volt was a humble family man/farmer/good citizen within the Empire who volunteered for the Warframe program when his community was attacked and destroyed by a Sentient assault.  He gave up his very identity to defend his family and become the Spartanesque Lightning-Samurai.

I also saw strong parallels to Sugawara no Michizane, the unjustly exiled statesman of Heian Japan whose ghost returned as the Celestial King of Fire and Thunder, striking down the ruling elite and later being properly recognized for his earthly contributions and canonized as the enlightened Tenjin, God of Caligraphy, knowledge and education by the people.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

I pick Nekros as my fave mainly because i like summoner classes in games

When I played city of heroes, mastermind was my class here is an overview of the play style

"As a Mastermind, you excel at using others to do your dirty work. Perhaps you build killer robots, command deadly ninja, order hardened soldiers or street thugs, or summon the undead to do your bidding. Whatever your choice, you have an army of minions at your beck and call. You can summon them when needed, order them to work your will, and even use your powers to enhance them or weaken your foes. The Mastermind is a difficult class to play, often demanding constant attention to control your minions and stave off the retribution of your enemies. "

Nekros is somewhat close to that style ...so I like um ,although i hope one day they make a  summoner that focuses more minion micro management  and that they Don't have timers .

On 08/11/2017 at 5:33 AM, Gabenight7 said:

Just want to see why some people love a certain Warframe over others for reasons beyond the battle capabilities.

Personally I love Frost Prime because he was my first Prime and I just love the ice theme.

Seeing as it is pertinent to your OP, I have a little story if you care to read.

I joined WF just as Vauban Prime was released, I was super itching to try Nekros and after acquiring him, was a bit let down, then the Nekros changes happened, and I made an effort to really make him awesome, I prefer melee, so I took a few weeks to try get a melee building going, there was a lot of trial and error testing for the build I was thinking of.
Then Nekros Prime was released, and I had to buy the Prime Access pack, the armour... The weapons... Everything was sweet in the pack, so I started working on him and decided to really get a channelling build going, something I'd not seen anyone do. I had to get Reaper Prime for aesthetic reasons so I bought it with plat from the Prime Access and put 4-6 forma into both the Reaper P. and Nekros P. in a very specific build that I still love, even if Reaper P. is a bit under-powered with Stalking Fan it's just fun in general.
As a bonus the Acanthus Armour set glows with sharp light beams during channelling which look epic and you rarely see it in all its glory.

Basically in my niche you use equilibrium to make every Orb 2x as good, then use despoil/desecrate to drain HP and a channelling build on the Reaper P. to drain Energy, so in the end you pick up every single Orb that drops keeping both HP and Energy full but also always being drained. It took a while but I reached a good equilibrium (no pun intended) with how much efficiency and channelling drain to make it work well and get 3-4x extra channelling damage.

So Nekros was my 1st true frame that I build out myself in a load-out very specific to my play style. Move forward a year+ later and Melee Rivens had just come out and I got my first one... For guess what weapon? Reaper Prime... Score!
I had been trading/giving items with clan members on the premise that they own me any Reaper P. Riven they get it... Turns out I didn't need them, I rolled it 5 times and Landed on 274 Melee Damage and 246 Channelling Damage... the perfect Riven for my very niche load-out on my favourite frame, it was meant to be...
Move forward several months again and Nekros Deluxe is out... with a sick head model to go with my Prime Armour set & Syandana and even sicker Scythe skin to go with my Reaper Prime... Every time something happens that could benefit my Nekros build immensely, I seem to hit the jackpot. Melee Rivens, Skins, Armour... Even my chosen Focus school Zenurik has a boost to channelling weapons now.

Edited by Carnage2K4

Well, this one I know might get me some flame, but I would have to give this place to Octavia. Reasoning would be that I just love how she makes the game so much more interactive (When not using repeating notes and min-maxing her.) and promotes the idea of players having fun and takes the focus away from mindlessly murdering everything for a bit to take in the atmosphere. Furthermore, I have always been a fan of visual like hers since there is so much to play around with and a great example of that is the sort of bard like appearance she has compared to her deluxe skins concept art making her look like a post-modern Victorian era dancer. Lastly, she has a special meaning for me due to her being a musical Warframe, and I myself play music and even plan on teaching music once I’m done college. In a way Octavia feels a bit like a teacher herself since she makes her team play along to her beat and if they fail they get a penalty of losing some progress towards her buffs. So, that’s pretty much all I’ve got. Thanks for the thread it’s been fun looking around at why people like their characters.  

NIDUS.

The virus corrupts all that dare stand against it. Those who live become twisted, malformed, unrecognizable, a shadow of their former selves. They can't remember what they did before, all they know is an insatiable bloodlust to kill and integrate for the hybrid.

Those who die have a fate worse than death. Dead, but alive. Soon they rise to serve the hybrid. They can never truly sleep, for their souls are trapped in their corpses, tied to an eternal fate.

Gamblers will not have a place here, they fuel the corruption, throwing their money into the lot in hopes of collecting relics, when they don't know what they are truly getting themselves into...

When they do realise what they have done, it is always too late. The infestation has no remorse for the weak, or the strong. It will spread, like the ashes of a volcano rolling down it's side.

Those caught unlucky serve as a link to the corruption. Those who run serve as the battery powering the swarm. Those caught within the corruption's sight, serve as fuel for the virus. They will never be the same.

Submit to the plague, the corruption, the infestation.

NIDUS.

Edited by YugainaKasukedo

I really, really love Equinox; I love the exploration of gender's fluidity and expression that's at work with her.  It's just something you don't see much of in games, especially games as high quality as Warframe.  And you even get to play as her!

Sadly, I don't play her much because I get overwhelmed trying to remember what all her abilities do.  I'm really looking forward to her inevitable Prime rework!

Edited by (PS4)Unstar

6 hours ago, Electric_Swing said:

Well, this one I know might get me some flame, but I would have to give this place to Octavia. Reasoning would be that I just love how she makes the game so much more interactive (When not using repeating notes and min-maxing her.) and promotes the idea of players having fun and takes the focus away from mindlessly murdering everything for a bit to take in the atmosphere. Furthermore, I have always been a fan of visual like hers since there is so much to play around with and a great example of that is the sort of bard like appearance she has compared to her deluxe skins concept art making her look like a post-modern Victorian era dancer. Lastly, she has a special meaning for me due to her being a musical Warframe, and I myself play music and even plan on teaching music once I’m done college. In a way Octavia feels a bit like a teacher herself since she makes her team play along to her beat and if they fail they get a penalty of losing some progress towards her buffs. So, that’s pretty much all I’ve got. Thanks for the thread it’s been fun looking around at why people like their characters.  

Thank you for sharing. I made this thread to find out why people care for their warframes and I too am very happy to find out the stories and thoughts behind the characters and people.

I came to Warframe from Mass Effect 3. I remember the three starter frames at the time were Loki, Excal, and Mag. Out of those three, Mag looked the most futuristic without being too "out-there". I also liked her description of being a manipulator of the battlefield as opposed to a frontline assault frame. I only dropped her once for Nova (I have never grinded so hard for anything in any game ever) and came back to her once Mag Prime was released.

She's just too cool.

Oberon.

The nature-themed frame was the first frame i wanted to craft, because everything with his design fit in. The horns, the hooves, the choices of color.

But more-so, i've always been intrigued by the druids and paladins themes, even in other mmo, and liked the fusion of both.