Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Inconsistencies

Ferah_Frithu

Dia dhuit,

I don't know where else to put this, so i put it here.

The last couple of rounds against the infested were rather frustrating, to say the least. I noticed that most infested do not have armor (aiming at them, health is red), but as soon as I open fire, they get armor (health is orange/yellow) - Why is that? Is that just a visual bug, or a feature? I don't think a lumpy mess of viral flesh should be able to develop bulletproof armor in 57ms. (No, there was no ancient healer around either)

The other issue is with Chargers - How in the world can they one-shot me with their poisonous darts? I was playing the dark sector survival on Ceres (Gabii), and around minute 32, I noticed the chargers were a lot less melee focused and are more prone to using their dart attack for whatever reason. At that very moment, I get hit once by that thing and drop dead like it was some sort of nuke he threw at me. My Frost has over 500 armor, over 1700 shields and over 700 health.

Is it a scaling bug? Maybe a feature? Any ideas?

Here another issue:

As soon as I am in an elevated position, the infested are unable to use stairs/ramps as well, resulting in them waiting at the bottom of it, eventually amassing.

Fx4pLKo.jpg

Mission is Gabii, Ceres.

Edited by Ferah_Frithu
Added additional problem

well, its basically very easy why they get armor. One type of infested moa spews those yellow clouds and if infested run through them they get reinforced.

and the thing with chargers, they didnt even used to have projectile attacks and it kinda sucks they introduce more ranged attacks into the infested faction but i can understand why they did it.

about the oneshot thing, thats just scaling for ya

11 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

They were given a projectile to counter people who found exploits where the infested can't reach.

not like it really matters anymore since once you get above a certain elevation (depends on the map the infested stop moving anyways (such a foolish move imo)

59 minutes ago, Ferah_Frithu said:

Dia dhuit,

I don't know where else to put this, so i put it here.

The last couple of rounds against the infested were rather frustrating, to say the least. I noticed that most infested do not have armor (aiming at them, health is red), but as soon as I open fire, they get armor (health is orange/yellow) - Why is that? Is that just a visual bug, or a feature? I don't think a lumpy mess of viral flesh should be able to develop bulletproof armor in 57ms. (No, there was no ancient healer around either)

The other issue is with Chargers - How in the world can they one-shot me with their poisonous darts? I was playing the dark sector survival on Ceres (Gabii), and around minute 32, I noticed the chargers were a lot less melee focused and are more prone to using their dart attack for whatever reason. At that very moment, I get hit once by that thing and drop dead like it was some sort of nuke he threw at me. My Frost has over 500 armor, over 1700 shields and over 700 health.

Is it a scaling bug? Maybe a feature? Any ideas?

Swarm MOA gives armor to every infested in the aerea of the cloud. You need to kill the MOA and attack the cloud to remove the armor. If you see one, prioritize it.

About the spit attack. It was added to prevent people from staying on the ceiling of maps where the infested can't attack. Some players we're staying on high ground cheesing the entire mission and the infested couldn't do nothing.

But a charger oneshotting you at minute 32 is a bug. That never happened to me.

33 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

But a charger oneshotting you at minute 32 is a bug. That never happened to me.

It probably wasn't the charger. The only thing I can think of offhand that can one shot most warframes are the toxic ancients. If they proc toxic roar on you, it can do a metric ton of damage very quickly. It looks like a oneshot if you're not aware of what's going on.

Chances are that's what it was. A toxic ancient that got close and nailed the OP with roar. It's also why you stay out of infested furballs if you're not Valkyr under Hysteria or Trinity under Blessing and Link. There's all sorts of nasty stuff infested do at close quarters...debuffs, armor buffs for their posse, toxins of all sorts...nasty stuff everywhere. Keep them at range and keep moving.

Oh, I didn't know those spore clouds came from the Swarm MOA, I always thought they only spit this orange goo everywhere. I always wondered where the spores were coming from, as it was driving me crazy that I couldn't stand anywhere for a few seconds.

About the one-hit: I doubt it was an ancient, though. There were some around, but all of them were far out of melee range, and I was standing slightly higher up. I've heard one of those high pitched noises, like a ricochet. I'm pretty sure it was one of their projectiles. I also always keep an eye on my health in case of toxin, and I rarely get caught off-guard (blast proc Sonicor FTW)

41 minutes ago, Ferah_Frithu said:

Oh, I didn't know those spore clouds came from the Swarm MOA, I always thought they only spit this orange goo everywhere. I always wondered where the spores were coming from, as it was driving me crazy that I couldn't stand anywhere for a few seconds.

About the one-hit: I doubt it was an ancient, though. There were some around, but all of them were far out of melee range, and I was standing slightly higher up. I've heard one of those high pitched noises, like a ricochet. I'm pretty sure it was one of their projectiles. I also always keep an eye on my health in case of toxin, and I rarely get caught off-guard (blast proc Sonicor FTW)

Swarm moas and Tar moas look alike but are indeed different.  Also just a dumb question, there wasn't a juggernaut in the area right? 

16 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

It probably wasn't the charger. The only thing I can think of offhand that can one shot most warframes are the toxic ancients. If they proc toxic roar on you, it can do a metric ton of damage very quickly. It looks like a oneshot if you're not aware of what's going on.

Chances are that's what it was. A toxic ancient that got close and nailed the OP with roar. It's also why you stay out of infested furballs if you're not Valkyr under Hysteria or Trinity under Blessing and Link. There's all sorts of nasty stuff infested do at close quarters...debuffs, armor buffs for their posse, toxins of all sorts...nasty stuff everywhere. Keep them at range and keep moving.

Do you also know that, Toxic Ancient also give nearby Infested units Toxin damage bonus?

One shot Charger maybe because of that too.

4 hours ago, Cappucchino said:

Do you also know that, Toxic Ancient also give nearby Infested units Toxin damage bonus?

One shot Charger maybe because of that too.

I was also kinda thinking about the mutalist ospreys. They do surprisingly large amounts of damage with their ranged attack. If you've got a couple of them spitting at you, they can bring you down pretty quickly and, again, it's not necessary apparent what's going on if you're in the middle of a furball.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally don't like the ranged attack. They've already been given a bunch of ways to reach players out of melee range, and as soon as ancients show up, with their tendency to spam grappling hooks to absurd degrees, it can be quite difficult to stay in those high places.

My biggest issue is that, despite saying they'll only use it when players are otherwise out of reach, I frequently come across chargers and runners shooting at me on flat ground. There are no obstacles, just a clear and unbroken path to me, but I'll oftentimes find myself being almost killed due to the number of units that hang back and snipe. I'd ask for a fix, but this has been a thing since the ranged attack was implemented and it's still not been patched.