Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Operator Melee

Aeon94

2 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Buh? Did DE confirm there's Operator Melee coming?

On the devstream 100 they've said that they're going to add some new animations to Operators, including melee animations. But I think by "melee" they meant Void blast - it's bound to melee button after all.

12 minutes ago, Edelsid said:

On the devstream 100 they've said that they're going to add some new animations to Operators, including melee animations. But I think by "melee" they meant Void blast - it's bound to melee button after all.

But why would they say " melee animations " in first place if they are not gonna add melee weapons ? They could just say " new ability animations " or " new void blast animation ". I think they will somehow use basic melee functions.

13 minutes ago, Varzy said:

Giving this the title of "upcoming" is kinda misleading, as far as I know there's no melee options coming for Operators.

Yea fixed title but they will be adding melee animations , guess we know for what reason :)

5 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

But why would they say " melee animations " in first place if they are not gonna add melee weapons ? They could just say " new ability animations " or " new void blast animation ". I think they will somehow use basic melee functions.

I would like to have operator melee's as well. I love DE, i think they're the best, but i don't think it's wise for them to develop a new melee system for operators when there's so much stuff on their hands as is.

1 minute ago, Edelsid said:

I would like to have operator melee's as well. I love DE, i think they're the best, but i don't think it's wise for them to develop a new melee system for operators when there's so much stuff on their hands as is.

It doesn't have to be a new melee system , like I said it can use basic melee functions like swing , charge and slam attacks.

Just now, Aeon94 said:

It doesn't have to be a new melee system , like I said it can use basic melee functions like swing , charge and slam attacks.

Still, porting all this to operators... I mean I'm not a dev and don't know exactly how all this works, but with how long we had to wait for operator animations for petting our kavats and kubrows... We've only heard about them now, and it's been quite a while from The War Within, so I presume it's not that easy.

23 minutes ago, Teh_Bowart said:

That'd be great to be able to channel the void energy into a unique blade, which could be used to perform finishers from the void mod.

Operators should be glass cannons :s

This is exactly what I was thinking. If we can channel our beam into different shot types (plasmor style, opticor style, grenade burst, etc) then why not channel our melee void blast into different types? I’d love a dagger or sword or polearm made of pure void energy that I can just swing around and slice through dudes.

I do hope they fix the issue with void damage falloff though. It’s just dissapointing to shoot a lowly level 30 grunt with pure void damage and see them just laugh it off and shoot you in the face with a shotgun. We’re suposed to be terrifying void demons, I don’t understand why we can’t dish out damage (especially with upgraded amps) like the label implies. It’s already inefficient enough to play as the operator (clunky mobility, affinity doesn’t go to your frame/weapons while you’re in operator mode, etc), what’s the harm in making void damage the way it should be lore-wise and deal a fkton of damage?

1 minute ago, Xaranoth said:

This is exactly what I was thinking. If we can channel our beam into different shot types (plasmor style, opticor style, grenade burst, etc) then why not channel our melee void blast into different types? I’d love a dagger or sword or polearm made of pure void energy that I can just swing around and slice through dudes.

I do hope they fix the issue with void damage falloff though. It’s just dissapointing to shoot a lowly level 30 grunt with pure void damage and see them just laugh it off and shoot you in the face with a shotgun. We’re suposed to be terrifying void demons, I don’t understand why we can’t dish out damage (especially with upgraded amps) like the label implies. It’s already inefficient enough to play as the operator (clunky mobility, affinity doesn’t go to your frame/weapons while you’re in operator mode, etc), what’s the harm in making void damage the way it should be lore-wise and deal a fkton of damage?

Void Damage should ignore armor as its supposed to ( nothing can resist void itself other than void demons ) and having an energy dagger would be nice :D