Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Reward Changes Need To Happen

MrRagez

I'm legitimately insulted when I get Endo for a sortie reward. I've gotten it for a reward the past three sorties I've run, meanwhile my co-founder of my clan has something like 30 rivens and almost never gets Endo. I think I'd rather just email DE my physical address and have a dev watch me finish a sortie then they can punch me in the stomach. That would be a greater reward than getting Endo.

The sortie mission is essentially a crappy lottery where you either thing something that saves you some plat, makes you some plat, another lottery ticket, something that may be worthless, or something that's worth 300 plat. Then you look at the rarity of things and it's totally messed up, Rivens are in the most common bracket and yet worth more plat than almost all the rewards (ignoring the ridiculous marketplace cost for endo).

I think the inherent problem with sorties is the problem with Rivens and that problem is that they're too desirable, they don't just even out bad weapons they take good weapons out to orbit. So because rivens are too desirable no one wants any other reward except the legendary cores, anasa statues can be sold for plat to buy unveiled rivens but that's it. The idea of Rivens is nice but disposition can't be revisited often enough to balance them out that's why we've got opticor rivens going for 1000p.

Sorties are a lottery where the second most desirable prize is another lottery ticket. It's just some kind of weird existential misery once you realize that.

Edited by Worm4real

On one hand, all these Anasa sculptures and endo drops actually feel disappointing.

But on the other hand even after 1500+ hours I always need endo because maxed mods are my main source of plat income (even my own mods aren't all maxed yet).

Having some reliable way to farm endo just like with Index for credits would be nice. DE should implement that first and right after that finally stop with this Ayatan mockery.

Edited by Kefirno

44 minutes ago, Kefirno said:

Having some reliable way to farm endo just like with Index for credits would be nice.

Hieracon, you get Endo passively while farming relics, it's just that the drop tables are diluted and you get credit caches(and Endo) way too often.

Also can't you just do Rathuum with Ash? I think the problem with credits and endo is that we need some passive way to earn them like with extractors, there are a number of things that are just really not enjoyable to farm and I'd say Credits is probably the worst.

The last week I have only gotten either a sculpture or endo... so yes please work on this.  Why have both a 4k endo and a sculpture reward for starters?  I see lots of good ideas here about locking out rewards for a few days and such.  Seems like there are lots of ways to improve this.