Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Console Needs Your Help! Request More Controller Configuration Options!

(PSN)InSaiyanOne

How long will it take for PS4/Consoles to be able to have custom/alternate configurations for the analog movement (otherwise known as legacy/split)?  It's been requested many times and I personally had this brought up multiple times in different DE streams, with only subtle comments on how it would be nice or not understanding the details (which of course I can't explain quickly enough in slow mode Twitch chat). At this point after many years the fact remains that this change should be one of the easiest to make in WARFRAME HISTORY! 

So looking at my "New Controller" configuration, the "Move" is the Left analog while the "Look" is the Right analog. What we have been requesting is that the 4 directions associated with each "Move" and "Look" movements be split and then separated so there is a "Move" and "Look" movement associated with each analog stick. Please see my following example of one way to do it (there of course is an opposite way too). 

Example:

• Right analog - L & R directions look left and right | U & D directions move forward and back.
  • Left analog - L & R directions move/strafe left and right | U & D directions look up and down. 

I can continue to explain this but I am MORE than certain that it is not hard to understand when other games have this option. Can SOMEONE, ANYONE from Digital Extremes PLEASE hear a cry from the masses that you should have had this in your game from DAY 1! You are hindering your game base on a simple and trivial addition to in-game settings. Can we really not have more than 2 options on the button associated with "config" (Triangle on PS4) in the "Customize Controller" options? You don't have to understand why it is being requested, the fact that it should be considered is that peoples brains can prefer to work differently and sometimes work better that way. For having so many customizations in all other aspects, why has this been overlooked for so many years?

Why on Earth would anybody want this feature?  Not trying to be rude, I'm genuinely curious.  

It seems logical to not have those things split, it's better and easier to control your directional movement and looking as it is, no? 

I also don't think it's a cry from the masses, it's a cry from you.  This game's movement and camera work like virtually every other game out there.... this is a request I've never once seen in my 4 years playing and visiting the forums... nor have I ever seen another game with that function :| 

Also a small tip - barring the analogs, which unfortunately you cannot - you can use the Playstation's accessibility menu to tweak what buttons do what.  It's a feature built right into the system software.  Just take a screenshot or write down your WF layout - then go into the accessibility menu and make changes as needed.  You can make Triangle do whatever you please that way.  I know it's not the solution you're looking for, but it may help a bit in the mean time.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

Not sure how long you have been playing video games or how much it has been in your life. "Legacy"/Split movement/look controls have been around at the LEAST since PS2 SOCOM. I could analyze more games that use it but to be nice, I'll just name a few games that are being played today: Call of Duty, Destiny (1 & 2), & Overwatch

You can also see me point out in the OP that it likely has to do with how peoples brains think/play games, similar to telling a child that they should write Right Handed because its the majority. I don't use it but I am advocating alone the fact that 2 controller layout options is horrible when PC can do whatever they wish...and other games usually have at least 4 options with one changing the movement/look in some manner. 

As stated, I have posted this before and asked on stream. I don't need you to witness it for it to be true. Feel free to watch a number of PS4 prime time streams...if you really want to look through those comments or wait until the end for (the old Drew days) when questions get asked/answered. You can even just look up my previous posts (and see how long ago they were posted). Whatever you do find, it doesn't change the fact that it is a simple option that again you don't need to understand or even want to use but yet it is still very simple to implement. It's allowing more people to PLAY THE GAME.

Finally, just like in my OTHER posts, it is clear if anyone ACTUALLY LOOKED at the PlayStation accessibility menu to tweak controls (instead of saying/telling someone else what they can do from the sideline) you would see you cannot split the directions of the analog stick. Thanks for your reply. I'll let you look up my other posts as I'm sure I've pointed out other similar things you may bring up. Here is a new rebuttal to an potential response, most controllers that you can buy from a 3rd party also do not have options to split directions on the analog stick, I have a Scuf Impact w/ EMR remapping so at least that one does not allow it. 

Still doesn't change the fact that it is a VERY easy thing to add and all it would do is allow more people to play that do not like the current movement/look controls.

Edited by (PS4)InSaiyanOne

10 hours ago, (PS4)InSaiyanOne said:

Not sure how long you have been playing video games or how much it has been in your life. "Legacy"/Split movement/look controls have been around at the LEAST since PS2 SOCOM. I could analyze more games that use it but to be nice, I'll just name two games that are being played today: Call of Duty, Destiny (1 & 2), & Overwatch.

You can also see me point out in the OP that it likely has to do with how peoples brains think/play games, similar to telling a child that they should write Right Handed because its the majority. I don't use it but I am advocating alone the fact that 2 controller layout options is horrible when PC can do whatever they wish...and other games usually have at least 4 options with one changing the movement/look in some manner. 

As stated, I have posted this before and asked on stream. I don't need you to witness it for it to be true. Feel free to watch a number of PS4 prime time streams...if you really want to look through those comments or wait until the end for (the old Drew days) when questions get asked/answered. You can even just look up my previous posts (and see how long ago they were posted). Whatever you do find, it doesn't change the fact that it is a simple option that again you don't need to understand or even want to use but yet it is still very simple to implement. It's allowing more people to PLAY THE GAME.

Finally, just like in my OTHER posts, it is clear if anyone ACTUALLY LOOKED at the PlayStation accessibility menu to tweak controls (instead of saying/telling someone else what they can do from the sideline) you would see you cannot split the directions of the analog stick. Thanks for your reply. I'll let you look up my other posts as I'm sure I've pointed out other similar things you may bring up. Here is a new rebuttal to an potential response, most controllers that you can buy from a 3rd party also do not have options to split directions on the analog stick, I have a Scuf Impact w/ EMR remapping so at least that one does not allow it. 

Still doesn't change the fact that it is a VERY easy thing to add and all it would do is allow more people to play that do not like the current movement/look controls.

Reading is fundamental.

Gave examples of prime games that people play today that have the "Legacy"/split analog movement we've been requesting. Pointed out that having these options in the game does nothing but help the game. Provided references to previous places I personally made the request (not as if I'm the only one requesting changes to console controls...shout out to Crackle). Finally the real point remains that this particular request actually should be one of the simplest to incorporate into the existing game. The hardest part of adding two additional movement options to the controller configuration (that's all they are doing nothing else) is that they would have to make a graphic displaying what each new option did differently so you can see it when changing the options in-game.

It still amazes me why asking for support on something that will affect no one negatively receives these comments.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Mr_ClapClap said:

Please DE fix the Config from the Controller on PS4 i cant Reload if i lie down i can use only 2 Buttons R2 and the reload button if iam down why cant be the Revive Button in the Melee Button ?

This is something that Crackle2012 has been requesting for some time also. I'd say he's requested it for as long as I have requested this and he used to play with the Devs ([DE]Drew on PS4@4). I hope more people see this post as they chime in on the new PoEidolon update and realize that these requests only add to our possible experience. Nothing about these requests detracts from the current game or anything. The more people that play the better for Digital Extreme.

On 11/16/2017 at 6:26 PM, (PS4)InSaiyanOne said:

Reading is fundamental.

It still amazes me why asking for support on something that will affect no one negatively receives these comments.

I would assume mainly its because how exaggerative you are being about it.  I didn't intend to be negative when I came here.  

On 11/16/2017 at 8:00 AM, (PS4)InSaiyanOne said:

Finally, just like in my OTHER posts, it is clear if anyone ACTUALLY LOOKED at the PlayStation accessibility menu to tweak controls (instead of saying/telling someone else what they can do from the sideline) you would see you cannot split the directions of the analog stick

Which is exactly what I said = "barring analogs."  I just said the option was there for all other buttons.  But remember, just as you said - Reading is Fundamental.  I think it's time to remove the Skana from your butt my friend.  I took a quick gander at your other posts and literally it's just you posting the same request over and over, and out of all those posts you got 1 single applause.  Clearly the "masses" means something quite different in your head...

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

On 11/19/2017 at 7:47 PM, (PS4)lagrue said:

Which is exactly what I said = "barring analogs."  I just said the option was there for all other buttons.  But remember, just as you said - Reading is Fundamental.  I think it's time to remove the Skana from your butt my friend.  I took a quick gander at your other posts and literally it's just you posting the same request over and over, and out of all those posts you got 1 single applause.  Clearly the "masses" means something quite different in your head...

This whole discussion is about adding additional analog configurations...nothing else really.

Also, idk why you looked at those posts for other details and didn't get the picture that I have been requesting this for some time...which the whole reason to look back at my posts was about in the first place. I'm not throwing up a bunch of posts for no reason, I currently only have a single issue with the game and it's affecting me indirectly due to a few people I know in that don't like the controller movement. Of course they could play PC, but that's not what we/I would like as we mainly game on PS4.

You're really not providing any help to this discussion (it would be appreciated if you did) or even providing any support regardless of your own controller scheme that you use. I guess if a single person kept yelling out something while surrounded by a ton of people (let's call them a mass of people), it wouldn't qualify as a cry from the masses.

Devs, I appreciate that these Tenno are replying and putting the thread back near the top so people can notice but have you even read through the PS4 feedback yet? Again, you (Devs) can look back at most PS4@4 streams and see me request this at some point (have fun scrolling through those chat logs). Is there a reason why this cannot be implemented Digital Extreme? Understandingly it may take an update or two (though idk why it would) to get to console/PS4 however what else do you want us to give you feedback on if you cannot/will not do a change this simple?

I was about to ask how anyone could possibly play like that. But I am physically incapable of playing without inverted Y-axis, because I grew up in an era where what we call "inverted Y-axis" was normal Y-axis. Legacy/split was only briefly a thing, and wasn't common at the time, so I'm not sure the argument applies. But whatever.

So, I actually do have a lot of gripes about controller support in Warframe. Controller support is a horrible mess for both PC and console versions. I'll start with my biggest complaint, at the risk of it getting buried...

- Power Menu: This feature is hot garbage. We've dealt with it long enough that we've learned to work around it, but after years it has never been fixed. The root of the problem is that the Power Menu doesn't know which inputs Powers are assigned to; it just switches the entire controller to an alternate input mode, where none of the inputs do anything (the sticks being the only exception). This creates all kinds of annoying problems. You can't cast while wall-latching. You can't zoom while casting. You can't fire while casting. You can't cast while gliding. Slide gets stuck, and the input must be pressed and released again after releasing Power Menu. The Power Menu itself gets stuck if you release while interrupted by stagger, knockdown, or sometimes just because performance is too low to register the release. And that's just the ones you run into every thirty seconds. There are dozens of other bad interactions. It needs to get fixed. It should have been fixed three goddamn years ago. Make the Power Menu aware of which inputs Powers are assigned to, and alter only those inputs.

- Interrupted Inputs Automatically Re-queueing: This isn't specifically a controller issue, but it's annoying and has been a thing since Melee 2.0. If certain inputs are interrupted - say by rolling, or getting staggered or knocked down - they will automatically reactivate once your frame can act again. You've undoubtedly seen this happen with melee, especially ground slams. It can also happen with Powers that have a very short cast animation, especially ones that don't restrain lower-body movement. This and can happen several times in succession if the cast animation is short enough (I believe this is due to the interrupt re-queueing Power Menu, which triggers Quick Cast).

- Quick Cast: I get what you were going for, DE. When you introduced Quick Cast, you named Nekros specifically. It made sense at the time. But the game's changed a lot since then. Problem is, Quick Cast does not work at low performance. It just results in casting the wrong ability if you pressed R1+[face button] too quickly, and makes Transference feel extremely awkward. Quick Cast gets read in addition to Transference if you try to eject and reenter your frame quickly, causing you to eject, reenter, and then eject again. The switch from frame to operator doesn't run well on a mid-end PC, so imagine how slowly the switch happens on console. Sometimes it takes a full two seconds just to exit your frame. Fix the Power Menu, and remove Quick Cast from the game. Please.

- Mutually-Exclusive Functions Taking Up Controller Space: Examples escape me at the moment. This is easily fixed, though, and the solution should make everyone happy. Give us complete control over controller layout. Let us bind multiple commands to the same input if we want. Even PC doesn't have this feature, for some hairbrained reason. We are not braindead. If we mess something up, we'll fix it. Worst-case scenario, we can reset bindings to default.

I have more, but that list cooked my brain. Those are by far the most important things, anyway. Especially the Power Menu. Frustrates me that DE would neglect something as absolutely critical as controls for so long. I would like DE to fix all of these when they get around to the universal UI they talked about early this year. Or, ideally, now. But the UI overhaul would be a decent excuse.

Edit: One more.

- Unused Inputs: Only relevant to PS4 players, but there are two unused inputs on DS4. The touch pad actually has three buttons: the center one, and one on either side. Almost no game makes use of these. Be better than them, DE. Put the gear wheel on one of these, freeing up Dpad Down for whatever the player desires. Put Mission Progress on the other, as a toggled function.

Edited by (PS4)BlitzKeir

On 11/21/2017 at 9:58 PM, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

I was about to ask how anyone could possibly play like that. But I am physically incapable of playing without inverted Y-axis, because I grew up in an era where what we call "inverted Y-axis" was normal Y-axis. Legacy/split was only briefly a thing, and wasn't common at the time, so I'm not sure the argument applies. But whatever.

I actually gamed like this also! It took so much effort to switch from invert-Y axis, but now I am at the point that I can generally alter my movements/looks in-game with little effort. Changing button configs takes a little longer these days but I can get it most of the time. Working on my Scuf Impact in Destiny was hell as I had tested out multiple configurations beforehand just so I could jump and shoot freely while still moving with both analogs. I won't be doing that until the last point you made is done for us on PS4 and then it'll change my currently "aged" style on Warframe even more.  My friend also has gamed for just as long (he's older so longer I guess, I mean we were the 80s babies so that's what we were all given Cartoons...the good ones like Looney Tunes/Tom & Jerry/Duck Tales/etc...and Games cause it was the newest-best thing), I'd say from the times we used to play SOCOM (1,2,3,CA...all of them) on PS2/PS3 he's just got normalized on games that have you move a lot especially in 3rd person...SOCOM was 3rd person oh how I miss that gem...having that option. I really wish SOMEONE from the Devs would just do me a solid and realize I'm not really asking for much or even it being a unnecessary addition...cause even though I don't use it myself I don't see how it hurts anything. I'd love to hear any objections to it since you can just CHOOSE to use another option...which my friend and a few others I know cannot do.

So, I actually do have a lot of gripes about controller support in Warframe. Controller support is a horrible mess for both PC and console versions.

I've gotten used to controllers in Warframe (especially since I've played it for SO long...2278 hours with 110,439,704+ gross income) so when they added powers that was my real adjustment for this game. Even when weapon/frame "meta" changes I have been fine using whatever I like generally with only having to adjust mod and statuses as things get added.

- Power Menu:

The thing with this for me was that initially I had used the touch pad to slide my powers with my thumbs. However, since Warframe was one of my very first PS4 games and for playing it for so long I realized the wear (more than normal) it created on my controller(s) so I've changed into using the power menu instead. It is usually the 2nd, okay 3rd...after getting directly shot/killed and killing myself with a Kulstar/Zarr...reason why I die in Warframe. I usually mis-cast or mis-use my energy due to mis-casting previously and when I need to use a power I am now too low to be able to do it. This was generally not an issue once Focus 1.0 came about as I went straight into Eternal Zen before it was well known about. I'm not a good/often wall latcher but I do know you have to cast beforehand, I would think at the least they would allow CERTAIN frames to be able to do CERTAIN powers while latching as I think this would be the end-goal to make that part great/even but I expect Devs would do an all-or-nothing type deal. Again this has been at the top of the tread for over a week and still no response. I also agree with the issue with being hit by certain enemy abilities/moves while casting (which is in that last part you mentioned)

- Interrupted Inputs Automatically Re-queueing:

This I believe is a timing issue and I actually think it is intended by the Devs. Though I do agree they might need to analyze how it is being used and if it is truly needed, needs adjusted, or even is being exploited. I'd say as an older Tenno (is 4+ years old?) this may be considered in the realm of experienced Warframe but that along with some other things can be just an opinion. Plus after you've played through the earlier days to now and having to adjust SO much (remember not having a ship?) things like this are something I occasionally use intentionally when I am not seriously focused or auto-gaming lol.

- Quick Cast:

This is actually my 2nd biggest issue now that I have had to read someone else say it. As the game currently plays (imo) and especially with Plains of Eidolon and fighting Teralysts, this is most often my issue and I can already notice not only issues with my current regular controller (it's starting to get old over a year) but I would imagine even playing this way would wear down my other new ones and even my custom Scuf Impact (which I definitely don't want to happen...though if it does wear down I'd want it to happen now while it's new and in warranty so I'll have to try it out now). I'm often caught in-between being invisible and popping out and most importantly NOT popping out when I SHOULD be while fighting for cores. I main Ash P. so if anyone else is experienced in Ash P. and how to play invisible tag with the boss and your friends and the lures, it's actually very fun (for me) and a mental workout. Also being this early in the standing and with just a level 12 Mote amp (the default one) it's still a challenge and fun with or without a team of knowledgeable or new Tenno. I die mostly in these fights due to something relating to this issue...not popping back in, trying to cast Smoke Shadow but popping out instead, being stuck in place due to whatever reason while it processes what I wanted to do (I think this is either lag or overload of some thing like memory/cpu/gpu and it may even be an PS4 only issue as you mentioned).

- Mutually-Exclusive Functions Taking Up Controller Space: Examples escape me at the moment. This is easily fixed, though, and the solution should make everyone happy. Give us complete control over controller layout. Let us bind multiple commands to the same input if we want. Even PC doesn't have this feature, for some hairbrained reason. We are not braindead. If we mess something up, we'll fix it. Worst-case scenario, we can reset bindings to default.

Edit: One more.

- Unused Inputs:

I can only think of Bloodborne/Dark Souls that currently uses those buttons effectively...and Warframe is MUCH more social than that. We should have quick somethings (like how you mentioned the gear or emote wheels) in there instead of the R1. MAYBE they can take it a step further and look at how Final Fantasy XIV:ARR does the alternate R1/L1 button layouts so holding R1 (like how it does now to activate power menu) does those 4 or 8 things if you consider the directional pad and L1 does another 4/8 things with those same buttons.

Thank you so much for responding with such good input! It's just your experience but it relates to my game play and of course people who would like to play like my friend not being able to process moving/looking around as all other games like this just allow him to change to how he likes to do it. The other games that he plays that do not generally are games like Lego or something that just don't need that type of 1st/3rd person look/shoot-movement.

Have a good Turkey Day anyone reading this...R.I.P. everyone that it should actually commemorate.

7 hours ago, (PS4)InSaiyanOne said:

The thing with this for me was that initially I had used the touch pad to slide my powers with my thumbs. However, since Warframe was one of my very first PS4 games and for playing it for so long I realized the wear (more than normal) it created on my controller(s) so I've changed into using the power menu instead. It is usually the 2nd, okay 3rd...after getting directly shot/killed and killing myself with a Kulstar/Zarr...reason why I die in Warframe. I usually mis-cast or mis-use my energy due to mis-casting previously and when I need to use a power I am now too low to be able to do it. This was generally not an issue once Focus 1.0 came about as I went straight into Eternal Zen before it was well known about. I'm not a good/often wall latcher but I do know you have to cast beforehand, I would think at the least they would allow CERTAIN frames to be able to do CERTAIN powers while latching as I think this would be the end-goal to make that part great/even but I expect Devs would do an all-or-nothing type deal. Again this has been at the top of the tread for over a week and still no response. I also agree with the issue with being hit by certain enemy abilities/moves while casting (which is in that last part you mentioned)

For clarity, the things I listed which the Power Menu doesn't allow are possible with K&M, including: casting while gliding; casting while wall-latching; aiming while casting one-handed abilities; entering/exiting slide while casting; and others that escape me at the moment. These interruptions are unintended and DE has neglected to fix them.

Happy Day Off From Work (unless you're in retail).

I'd just prefer another option for the touchpad. 

swiping is error prone and I died to an almost dead stalker because hen I cast my 4, i slipped down, pressed ps4, and in the 3 seconds It took to reopen the window my chara got crit-backstab- 1 hit killed. 

I also cant count the number of occasions where I wanted to do a ---> but the game thought I did a <----     

this is an easily avoidable problem- just instead of wiping around like we have tinder on, why not assign the 4 corners and press the touchpad? 

Elite dangerous does that too. I cant remember having a misread input there. 

works like:

Lower left 1
upper left 2
upper right 3
lower right 4

no fumbling, no slipping off, no "GAME! i don't want to cast that skill "1 (-.-)=) 

also: diversity of options is always helpful..bc I'd like to rebind the mining tool for example to another button which would make tracing far easier..

Edited by (PS4)Tunalikevirus

On 11/21/2017 at 3:08 PM, (PS4)InSaiyanOne said:

This whole discussion is about adding additional analog configurations...nothing else really.

On 11/15/2017 at 5:37 PM, (PS4)InSaiyanOne said:

Can we really not have more than 2 options on the button associated with "config" (Triangle on PS4) in the "Customize Controller" options? 

OH???? Really huh... sounds like something other than analogs to me or else I would have never commented about the Accessibility options....  "Reading is fundamental" - maybe you should re-read your OWN posts.  

On 11/21/2017 at 3:08 PM, (PS4)InSaiyanOne said:

You're really not providing any help to this discussion (it would be appreciated if you did) or even providing any support regardless of your own controller scheme that you use. I guess if a single person kept yelling out something while surrounded by a ton of people (let's call them a mass of people), it wouldn't qualify as a cry from the masses.

I did try to provide some help - it just wasn't good enough for you. 

You want to know what the real kicker of all this is?  This PLAINS OF EIDOLON feedback - not PS4 general feedback, you're just sitting here polluting this part of the forum that was dedicated specifically to 1 update.  You have several other areas you could use, and as you yourself pointed out - you've exhausted them all - DE isn't listening because realistically this isn't being widely requested by anybody.  Even you are requesting it as a proxy, and not on behalf of their actual players.  Why should they spend time working on changes that may or may not draw more than 20 new players in?  It's time and effort for little to no payoff...  

Everything seems easy from your POV, I can't imagine it's quite the same on their end.  Of the few engines I've worked with, alot of buttons and functions don't play well when swapped around, even though logically you'd think they would.  

Your passive aggressive comments are big problem as to why I'm not understanding the issue.  But of course "I don't need to understand" even though I wanted to.  What you suggested is actually how AW works in PoE, 100%, and it's nearly impossible to control the damn thing without spinning out in circles.  I'm failing to understand how this helps on a 360 input like analog, it's nearly impossible to work with the two features being on one stick.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

23 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

OH???? Really huh... sounds like something other than analogs to me or else I would have never commented about the Accessibility options....  "Reading is fundamental"

You know, I typed a really good final response to your comment and then after reading what you typed a second time I've realized you simply do not understand what I am asking for by that comment for adding more options to "the button associated with "config" (Triangle on PS4) in the "Customize Controller" options". That was me asking could they not have an option #3, 4, whatever...and have two of them be what I have requested with the OP. Option #3 can be the example I gave and option #4 can allow it to be in the reverse setup of my OP example. That is what I meant by that. You simply misunderstood. 

As for the work needed to add the two options, again compared to all the OTHER work they've done for the game in over 4 years, again I stand by my statement of saying it is probably the easiest addition without ANY negative consequences. It actually would be much better if they opened up the entire controller to be remapped and again there are PLENTY of present day games that do just as much or more with their controllers and they allow split config of movement/look. I really can't imagine anything that would be complicated with allowing the changing of those 4 movement directions and 4 look directions on the Left and Right analog sticks. Actually now that I think about it, if we are able to have an INVERTED option then I don't even understand why they wouldn't have thought to have more movement options also. 

Finally, to be fair I also argued with my friend about just dealing with it and that was 4 years ago...I've changed my mind since then and how I've asked for this feature has also changed. He simply continued to point out in his simple way that there is no reason not to have it, none. After looking at so many of the other games I play (or have to play but don't feel up to cracking the seal), I just realized I was wrong and he was right. So now not only do I fight so he can play and realize he's wasted so much time with Destiny (okay so my gamers actually got me Destiny TTK for the holidays two years ago since I was heavy on the Warframe FTW boycott...and I had to play since they got it for me and D1 was good but D2 isn't up to par imo) and missed out on an awesome completely free-to-play game called Warframe (also I have all these dang parts waiting to trade to him so he can catch up to me...4 years worth smh).

On 11/24/2017 at 9:57 PM, (PS4)lagrue said:

What you suggested is actually how AW works in PoE, 100%, and it's nearly impossible to control the damn thing without spinning out in circles.  I'm failing to understand how this helps on a 360 input like analog, it's nearly impossible to work with the two features being on one stick. 

By the way that's not totally correct. AW on PoE has a difference where they actually use L & R on the Left Analog as a pitch/tilt control. I agree that isn't a good or really easy to control but I don't have any other perspective other than just make it how it is in regular AW missions. Again it's a perspective thing also with you not being able to control it. You can't but other people can figure it out fine. The main solution is to just have more options for everyone in the controller configuration so everyone can play.