Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Focus 2.0 Lacking

CleanTempo

Naramon Tree is incredibly weak so lets talk about the changes that could be made to this tree, then we'll discuss other trees but for :

Okay lets do this.

Affinity Spike -
Current:
Kills from melee attacks grant 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% / 35% / 45% more affinity.
- Activates on calling out the Operator. Lasts throughout the duration of the mission.

Suggestion: This is fine how it is, I usually forget that I need to call out the operator but that's because they feel so meh.

Power Spike -
Current:
Melee Combo Counter now decays while out of combat by 20 / 15 / 10 / 5 every few seconds, instead of depleting completely.
- Activates on calling out the Operator. Lasts throughout the duration of the mission.

Suggestion: This is the same as Affinity Spike. Pretty good overall just occasionally forget to call out operator unless I'm trolling.

Void Stalker -
Current:
Void Mode increases Critical Chance of melee attacks by up to 20% / 30% / 40% / 50% over 5s. This chance gradually decreases over 5s / 10s / 15s / 20s when the Operator leaves Void Mode. This ability costs an additional 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 energy/s.

Suggestion: This should be a passive where it increases crit chance of melee attacks by 5% / 10% / 15% / 20% and lasts for the whole mission when operator is called out.
Reasons: Right now this is very underwhelming and you have to swap between the two ever 20 Seconds, its only for the user doing this instead the whole team, and on top of that its just very clunky and everything will die before you even do this in groups so its just completely potato right now.

Void Hunter -
Current:
Void Mode reveals enemies within 10m / 12m / 18m / 25m through walls. This range gradually decreases over 2s / 3s / 4s / 5s when the Operator leaves Void Mode. This ability costs an additional 2 / 2 / 1 / 1 energy per second.

Suggestion: This is very interesting but I just feel its kind of useless so I would definitely say change it to something else or completely rework it. How about allow players to Transcendence into the enemies as well, I think it would be very cool to be able to do that, and then the enemy dies after you stop controlling them (Only works on certain enemies)
Reasons: These kind of things are interesting but with majority of players not really playing stealthy its pretty bad in groups since this clearly is for stealthy type of styles, also I think people would just use enemy radar and a stealth frame and not care for this kind see through walls mechanic.

Disorienting Blast -
Current:
Void Blast has a 20% / 30% / 40% / 50% chance of confusing enemies for 4s / 8s / 12s / 16s, causing them to be unable to distinguish friend and foe.

Suggestion: Should remove knockdown on enemies, Also should last longer or have a higher chance or have a lower chance but last until the enemies die (Only work on certain enemies). I don't know how this works and they could just still shoot at the player despite being confused, but this is lacking since a lot of them get knocked down / back by void blast.
Reasons: Very bad and unrewarding for getting so close to the enemy, if its going to be left like this, at-least also give AoE on Void Blast.

Disarming Blast -
Current:
Enemies hit by Void Blast have a 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% / 35% / 50% chance to be disarmed.

Suggestion: Rework / Change this / change it's spot on the tree
Reason: It weird knowing that to unlock this, you have to go through something that is actually more helpful to the operator by making them attack each other, but this one is just weird in placement as its counter intuitive to the first one.

Executing Dash -
Current:
Void Dash no longer displaces enemies, instead it will open them up to finishers and increase finisher damage taken by 15% / 20% / 25% / 35%.

Suggestion: This one is fine how it is. Pretty useful

Surging Dash -
Current:
Creates a wave while dashing, increasing the damage by 5% / 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% / 30% and the area of effect around the Operator by 2m.

Suggestion: Unlike Disarming Blast, This one too synergizes with the focus its linked with, pretty decent.

Mind Step -
Current:
Increase the movement speed of the Operator by 7% / 15% / 22% / 30% / 30%. <-- Think this is typoed to be 37%

Suggestion: very good that its a passive increase, but instead of how it is, I'll say increase movement speed of operator by 40% / 80% / 120% / 160% / 200% for 8 seconds on Void Dash Decays over time.
Reason: To synergize with the Focus Linked to this instead of having them different, and the operator already moves very slow so a higher number could make a noticeable difference.

Mind Sprint -
Current:
Increases the speed of Void Dash by 20% / 40% / 60% / 80% / 100% / 120% / 120%. <-- Could be typed to be 140%

Suggestion: This one is fine, makes the Operator more mobile and also causes enemies to fly further, idk if that's actually need because there could a lot of weird issues with that. (Edit: Almost forgot, to mention that this is very confusing, change the wording to Increase Distance of Void Dash by %)

All in all, This tree has potential but right now it feels very underwhelming. If the plan was to have the operator be apart of the game, then my suggestion is to actually give them things to be apart of the gameplay instead of just knocking over a vase and then putting the broken vase shards back on the table and hoping people would like it still. (For what seems like months of farming focus is VERY VERY unrewarding and this seems forced and not actually given time on Tenno balance.)

To Be Continued-

Edited by CleanTempo
Mind Sprint - Suggestion.

25 minutes ago, CleanTempo said:

Mind Step -
Current:
Increase the movement speed of the Operator by 7% / 15% / 22% / 30% / 30%. <-- Think this is typoed to be 37%

Mind Sprint -
Current:
Increases the speed of Void Dash by 20% / 40% / 60% / 80% / 100% / 120% / 120%. <-- Could be typed to be 140%

That's not a typo, those are way-bound nodes. The final rank doesn't increase the strength of the passive, it unlocks it for use in other focus trees. 

4 minutes ago, Sablesword said:

That's not a typo, those are way-bound nodes. The final rank doesn't increase the strength of the passive, it unlocks it for use in other focus trees. 

Okay, Make sense, I didn't really see much info on what way-bound was for.

So far, of all the trees, Naramon is the most consistently useful as it is. I'm loving it. It's not like Zenurik and Madurai where it has a few useful abilities and a bunch of flat damage abilities...Operators do horrible damage on their own. Who wants to spend 6 months worth of Focus farming to max out a node that does, at best, a fraction of your weakest weapon/ability in your loadout?

Vazarin and Unairu also have decent well rounded utility, but I haven't tested the effectiveness of the Vazarin shields so I don't know if it's capped or not.

Warframes do immense damage through any method they have access to. With that being the case, Operators should be purely utility and modifications and I think 3 of the 5 trees are at least decent in that regard.

As far as forgetting to call out the Operator for the buffs, that's user error. You'll just have to get used to that since it's no different than before the rework so it's a mechanic 2 years in the running and counting. 

Certain nodes in the Focus trees had incredibly powerful equivalents in Focus 1.0 that were too powerful so people flocked to those paths without exception. It's because of this that many of the buffs are the way they are now that make them useful but require more hands on effort. Otherwise you'd literally only call your Operator as soon as you could for the buffs then forget about them like before the update. That' was never their intention with this game, they just haven't always implemented it well. It's the same problem with p4tw frames. They've said very clearly that it not what they want so they've been systematically reworking frames and game systems to require more effort on the players part to get the best out of the game. Otherwise they know we'll gravitate to the laziest way to be the best.

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113