Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mining Cutter problems

(XBOX)a Nick Nak

While Im not a big fan of the whole mining experience in the plains as whole.. the thing that bothers me the most is how terrible and responsive the cutter is control with joystick. ITS REALLY BAD. But that aside I find the entire mining experience very lack luster, its straight up not fun. Yes.. i know this game has lots of grind.. but its fun grind and enjoyable.. running around finding tiny blue and red spots on a huge rock only to then try and trace out a shape by memory with a god awful cutter isnt exactly my idea of a good time.. all the while of course being bombarded by grineer. As plain as this sounds.. I personally feel that if we had actual rock/crystal nodes that were much larger and visually IDENTIFIABLE (instead of blue and red spots) and we went up with our space lazer and slowly broke them down or whatever for material.. it wouldnt be so damn tedious.

I agree it's difficult with the controller, sometimes the laser resists moving in certain directions, I think because of the angle you are facing. I would hope for some tweaks or more leniency for controllers. The other issue is the amounts we need *cough* pyrol *cough* and not having others means to aquire it, bounty rewards, standing trade, etc. Options make for happy players. But as mini games/diversions go it's otherwise well done and I kind of enjoy it in small doses...

On 11/23/2017 at 1:11 AM, (Xbox One)AGG Nick Nak said:

While Im not a big fan of the whole mining experience in the plains as whole.. the thing that bothers me the most is how terrible and responsive the cutter is control with joystick. ITS REALLY BAD. But that aside I find the entire mining experience very lack luster, its straight up not fun. Yes.. i know this game has lots of grind.. but its fun grind and enjoyable.. running around finding tiny blue and red spots on a huge rock only to then try and trace out a shape by memory with a god awful cutter isnt exactly my idea of a good time.. all the while of course being bombarded by grineer. As plain as this sounds.. I personally feel that if we had actual rock/crystal nodes that were much larger and visually IDENTIFIABLE (instead of blue and red spots) and we went up with our space lazer and slowly broke them down or whatever for material.. it wouldnt be so damn tedious.

If you use advance cutter, you will benefit from 3 things:

- Get better gems

- Your cutting doesn't have to be accurate

- the gems location is highlighted on your mini map once you are close to it (that's help a lot, specially when it indicated if up or down)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2017 at 11:53 PM, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

If you use advance cutter, you will benefit from 3 things:

- Get better gems

- Your cutting doesn't have to be accurate

- the gems location is highlighted on your mini map once you are close to it (that's help a lot, specially when it indicated if up or down)

i have it now.. its bad lol also buggy as hell