Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I bind secondary fire to use bait? (Xbox One)

(XBOX)G R A V O C

Question

10 answers to this question

40 minutes ago, (Xbox One)G R A V O C said:

Whenever I try to use bait, I get a message in the middle of my screen telling me to bind secondary fire to use bait. How do I do this? 

I have only encountered one message about bait so far, is this what you are seeing? (The game will not let me progress without Secondary Fire bound)

FNXhhVo.png

Edited by krc473
Imgur is useless.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)G R A V O C said:

Whenever I try to use bait, I get a message in the middle of my screen telling me to bind secondary fire to use bait. How do I do this? 

Thanks in advanced. 

When fishing. you get a msg in the middle of the screen for secondary fire to use bait

Open the wheel gear, (down arrow), choose any bait you have, and press your right analogue,

once done, you will see the bait thrown in the water.

If you have luminous bye, open the gear again, choose the dye and press the right analogue again

IT will time out in 2 min. to see the timing just press down the arrow and you can see that.

If you need help hit me on xbox

So I figured out why 

On 11/23/2017 at 9:52 PM, taiiat said:

the same way you do it in any game worth playing, ever.

go to the Controls Menu, edit your Keybinds, and assign them to buttons that make sense for you.

In order to bind secondary fire, I literally have to take off another ability. Either I can't use focus, can't jump, can't reload and interact with the objectives, ect. So whenever I go fishing, I have to manually change my control settings, and when I'm done, I have to manually change my control settings back again. 

They seriously need to add button overlap. Why can't X be secondary fire as well as reload and objective interaction? 

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)G R A V O C said:

They seriously need to add button overlap. Why can't X be secondary fire as well as reload and objective interaction? 

yes, Players should be able to double Bind if they so wish.

i don't think you'd want to double Bind a firing button with Reload though. you'd be Reloading constantly after every shot.

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)G R A V O C said:

So I figured out why 

In order to bind secondary fire, I literally have to take off another ability. Either I can't use focus, can't jump, can't reload and interact with the objectives, ect. So whenever I go fishing, I have to manually change my control settings, and when I'm done, I have to manually change my control settings back again. 

Sorry, but it sounds like you’re making this far more difficult than it needs to be. Did you already bind another command to your right thumbstick click? That is the default bind for secondary fire, unless you opted to change it. Perhaps take another look at your current keybinds, and see what you’ve got going on. Clicking the right stick works just fine for most secondary fire needs, so why not roll with that option? 

I'm in the same boat as @(Xbox One)G R A V O C - I have more functions that I like to use than I have keys available for binding. I suppose it's partly a problem of my own making, as I have the 4 powers bound to D pad up, left, down and right. I struggle with the default ability sub menu method as this requires me to release the right joystick to activate a power. If you're trying to hit a moving target (e.g. banish) I find I'm missing far too often.

All this results in me using the two configurations and having to choose between secondary fire, place a waypoint (or with a remapping) bring up the full map. 

I'd be delighted if the ability mappings could be expanded to include some more utility functions such as setting waypoint etc. leaving the main controls available for normal play.