Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Trinity Becoming Useless

Kadishia

tl;dr

since "aura - warframe capacity" buff the game is too easy, nobody needs a healer in a team etc.etc.

Trinity is a dying breed. Once the levels are getting harder, who will be there to give the extra energy or health.

Edited by M4sterofp4in

And yet it is completely useless as a single target skill (team-wise). Something has to be done at least

We could have a simple call out where Trinity powers were used.

A enemy is glowing but a way to have players to notice more and focus on it without moving it into AoE ability.

Do with Well of Life & Energy Vampire what they did with Mag's pull; make it frontal cone AoE

Would that really do much to help the case?

From what I'm seeing here, the problem is you can cast Energy Vampire all you want, but unless they're like level 100+, they'll be dropping to Ogris and/or Molecular prime instantly, which gives Trinity no chance to actually hit said enemy to recover her own energy. If the damage dealt grants all party members the energy, that gets fixed, but then it becomes borderline broken since all you do is throw it whenever you want free energy.

Trinity herself, has great skills and such, but other than Blessing, has a hard time finding a situation to use it in a group alongside all the destructive wide-spread slaughter. 

Plays support frame. Complains about everyone else killing enemies.

Trinity is not killing type. If you want to kill, then don't use Trinity. I am arguing that her ability are becoming inefficient because the enemies are dying too fast for her to use it.

Maybe Well of Life and Energy Vampire could have the healing/energy distributed from the frame itself. For example, for 4/5/6/8 seconds (affected by Continuity and Constituion) after using the ability, 10%/20%/35%/50% of damage dealt by Trinity will give health/energy to all teammates within 10/15/20/25 yards (affected by Stretch). Caps out at 500 healing or 100 energy, and can be increased by Focus.

Edited by Suzaku4489

I've played Trinity for a while now, I think that's she one of my favorite Warframes for a while now. Thinking about Energy Vampire and..whatever the health one is called, I don't really use it all that much. I don't think it needs to AoE, rather I think it'd be more interesting if it hopped from target to another one after it dies. Doesn't really help with super powerful AoEs but I can see it being a bit more effective than it is now.

Another issue is that when you're downed and revived, you come back with full health and shields. This means if you have the right weapon, you can kill yourself between high level defense waves, get revived, and have enough health to survive more waves.

I agree Trinity has some problems that need some ironing out. A few things I noticed when playing her:

- The UI is not set-up well for a healer frame as it's difficult to tell when people need healing and often those that do die, die in a situation where Trinity couldn't respond fast enough to save them. IE get knocked down by a grineer in the middle of a group of them, or knocked down by an ancient disruptor then killed before they get up.

- Enemies die too fast for skills like energy vampire to be useful except in boss situations where they somewhat shine although many frame abilities don't do much to a boss in the first place making the energy gained somewhat moot.

- Blessings invulnerability doesn't have a visual cue for duration or one that's obvious enough to be seen.

- Link makes her the best "tank" in the game, but enemies don't seem to do enough damage to hurt themselves especially in later waves of Xini (Where she is still strong due to energy vampire now having hard enough targets for the team.)

A few ideas I had for changes would be:

- Well of life being literally its' name. You cast it and a small well pops up in the spot that heals party-members over time that stand near it. That way it separates itself from being an instant heal like blessing, but allows you to respond to an ally getting knocked down by you being able to throw a well on top of them to help.

- Energy vampire being a team buff that doesn't affect Trinity, but rather your team for anything they hit. That way it overcomes the problem of weak enemies dieing too fast, but presents a problem for Trinity as she is rather energy dependent to function. So possibly having the buff only last half as long for Trinity as it does for her team allowing her to get some energy back. Adding a cap on the energy gained from the ability would help to control how strong the ability is.

It's difficult to balance her though as she's a support frame in a game where you rarely need support.

Trinity is a dying breed. Once the levels are getting harder, who will be there to give the extra energy or health.

Nobody because Nova kills everything, Nyx / Frost /Vauban stops us from taking damage, and most frames have a quite prolonged invincibility frame, such as Loki's 22 second Invis when properly modded, for 30 energy.

well, i have to say that Iv used her very little because of how much people do not seem to need her. her lack of an ult that damages makes things a lot harder also, but i like how it works.

for some of that, id say throw an energy shyphen aura on her. its not going to refill stuff as fast, but you wont need to hunt for energy nor kill things for it. on longer missions it can help a lot, especially in conjunction with a maxed out flow mod. 

most of the time on high level missions i tend to see frames that have very good at offence or defence, but on there own. people do not need a party for stuff most of the time, other then def missions. 

this reminds me alot of the buffs thay gave to mag also- instead of it being singular target your health and energy ability should probably be radial. infact, if thay used the same targeting as novas prime attack, then you could tag things much faster (basicly the same targeting, being that you can cast it and have it attach to any target in range, or a number of targets in an area). more or less thay need to give you a better tag ability so that you have a chance to be of any use.

I agree Trinity has some problems that need some ironing out. A few things I noticed when playing her:

- The UI is not set-up well for a healer frame as it's difficult to tell when people need healing and often those that do die, die in a situation where Trinity couldn't respond fast enough to save them. IE get knocked down by a grineer in the middle of a group of them, or knocked down by an ancient disruptor then killed before they get up.

- Enemies die too fast for skills like energy vampire to be useful except in boss situations where they somewhat shine although many frame abilities don't do much to a boss in the first place making the energy gained somewhat moot.

- Blessings invulnerability doesn't have a visual cue for duration or one that's obvious enough to be seen.

- Link makes her the best "tank" in the game, but enemies don't seem to do enough damage to hurt themselves especially in later waves of Xini (Where she is still strong due to energy vampire now having hard enough targets for the team.)

A few ideas I had for changes would be:

- Well of life being literally its' name. You cast it and a small well pops up in the spot that heals party-members over time that stand near it. That way it separates itself from being an instant heal like blessing, but allows you to respond to an ally getting knocked down by you being able to throw a well on top of them to help.

- Energy vampire being a team buff that doesn't affect Trinity, but rather your team for anything they hit. That way it overcomes the problem of weak enemies dieing too fast, but presents a problem for Trinity as she is rather energy dependent to function. So possibly having the buff only last half as long for Trinity as it does for her team allowing her to get some energy back. Adding a cap on the energy gained from the ability would help to control how strong the ability is.

It's difficult to balance her though as she's a support frame in a game where you rarely need support.

Yeah agree all your point here.

Well of LIfe, never thought of that type of idea. I really like it. Self-supporting without enemies requiring. 

This is how you fix Trinity to be more useful... Make DE make her powers cost LESS!!!! So she is more useful in combat. As it is if you have 100 energy and use her abilities your using like her best abilities 2-1 times. If her abilities were cheaper, faster to cast she could fast it more rapidly, and easily, and more often to help her fellow team mates. As it is shes slow with her ultimate, and her other abilities are too much of a pain to use as she uses up so much for something that should be easy to cast on one enemy after the next in rapid succession. Even Ash's Bladestorm is more easily usable then her well of life. Infact Ash got a great upgrade! Everyone else has been getting great buffs like Rhino... but Trinity seems to have been left behind. She needs a rework... on the same scale as rhino... full rework and maybe change the effectiveness of her abilities to be more useful actively.

Nobody because Nova kills everything, Nyx / Frost /Vauban stops us from taking damage, and most frames have a quite prolonged invincibility frame, such as Loki's 22 second Invis when properly modded, for 30 energy.

That prove the point. Reason why I hardly see any Trinity.

Healing wise as well as energy is two important things that keeps Trinity afloat instead of her being put into the Cyropod.

This is how you fix Trinity to be more useful... Make DE make her powers cost LESS!!!! So she is more useful in combat. As it is if you have 100 energy and use her abilities your using like her best abilities 2-1 times. If her abilities were cheaper, faster to cast she could fast it more rapidly, and easily, and more often to help her fellow team mates. As it is shes slow with her ultimate, and her other abilities are too much of a pain to use as she uses up so much for something that should be easy to cast on one enemy after the next in rapid succession. Even Ash's Bladestorm is more easily usable then her well of life. Infact Ash got a great upgrade! Everyone else has been getting great buffs like Rhino... but Trinity seems to have been left behind. She needs a rework... on the same scale as rhino... full rework and maybe change the effectiveness of her abilities to be more useful actively.

Trinity doesn't need powers to cost less. Just put on a streamline on and your good with that.

How would one balance her without ruining the gameplay for other warframes. AoE isn't the right direction with her. (Unless majority votes for it).

That prove the point. Reason why I hardly see any Trinity.

Healing wise as well as energy is two important things that keeps Trinity afloat instead of her being put into the Cyropod.

Would could always stuff her back in the cryopod till shes needed... cause this war... really doesn't need a healer...

Unless her ultimate brings back allies who are downed and in need of a revive... yeah long distance revive instead of the whole standing over them to bring them back... NOW THAT WOULD MAKE HER USEFUL!!!

Pretty sure Trinity can solo anything that isn't defense and can also make her team invincible for 18.3 seconds, just sayin'.

I've had plenty of teammates with "Thank god you're Trinity" responses when I save them in tricky situations.

However, since she has one of the few non-offensive ults in the game, I really think her ult should be near instant. You evaporate when you get killed in Warframe, you can't predict it 2 seconds in advance.

Pretty sure Trinity can solo anything that isn't defense and can also make her team invincible for 18.3 seconds, just sayin'.

I've had plenty of teammates with "Thank god you're Trinity" responses when I save them in tricky situations.

However, since she has one of the few non-offensive ults in the game, I really think her ult should be near instant. You evaporate when you get killed in Warframe, you can't predict it 2 seconds in advance.

Her Blessing is bad-a** coming to invincible. I have around 400 energy and just usually try to target heavy for VE(Vampire Energy) so I can Bless the team so we can have a nearly complete invincibility during Defense missions.

Edited by M4sterofp4in