Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate mission speedrunners

InquisitorKane

Hello,

I noticed this about 2 months ago. When doing Syndicate daily missions, I am encountering these speedrunners, who are ruining the game experience completely.

They join the game, plough through the main objective, and rush to the extraction point, never looking for collectables, and ignoring any attempts to talk or persuasion to give you the chance to look at least for few of them. So if I don't want to lose the mission and the chance of finding bonus standing, I have to leave the game, because they don't give a fck.

Now you may say the solution is easy - play SOLO. But it has 3 downsides:

1. Why should I be punished and play solo, since they are the ones rushing it?
2. Why should I play solo in a multiplayer game?
3. When playing solo, it can take about 50 minutes to search the whole map, since some collectables are hidden pretty well

And looking for 3 other like minded chaps who would play for the same syndicates in Recruitment channel can take ages as well.

I have 2 propositions how to fix this:

A) Make it so that to extract from a syndicate mission requires at least 6 collectables to be picked

B) Make a big "SPEEDRUN" tick box to appear when selecting a syndicate mission, so every player has to make a decision whether they wanna rush it or look for extra standing. Then matchmaking system can put together these aholes so they don't ruin the game for the rest of us.

Or something. I don't have time to play this game every day for 5 hours so when I play the Syndicate missions, I would like to get as much extra standing as possible. But spending 3 hours on 3 missions by playing them solo, that is not my idea of having fun in WF game. :-/

yea *shrugs* i gave up playing pub on syndicate missions years ago on anything other than defense or interception

my most used frame is ember exclusively for this reason and I wouldn't be surprised if ignis was my most used primary because it helps clear all the trash cans out as i'm sweeping through the map with loot radar.

25 minutes ago, InquisitorKane said:

3. When playing solo, it can take about 50 minutes to search the whole map, since some collectables are hidden pretty well

1. Because they are ruining  your game, just leave them. You knew that if you were going public you were completely prepared for any players, be it speedrunner or MR3 who doesn't know where to go, weren't you?

2.Then why is this option added anyway? You can't think like that, there's obviously a lot of players who play solo exactly cuz of pugs who ruin their mission(including me ._.).

3. There's 3 mods that can help you find and collect syndicate medallions, Animal Instinct, Loot Radar and Thief's Wit. For can crushing take Limbo, Mag or some good ranged melee like Atterax, Scoliac, Orthos, Guandao. With these, medallion hunting is pretty easy.

Thanks for the replies guys, I guess I'll have to submit.

I will definitely try those frames and weapons today. Didn't know syndicate medallions are shown on the map with those mods. :D

As for CephalonNiksyn - you made good points. I don't mind MR3 players (because you can communicate with them or just finish the mission without their help), the other group of players is really annoying because you can't do anything to make them stop ruining your game. Like when you ask them not to kill Simaris target and they do, just because they can and nothing is going to happen to them.

And that's the problem. There is no way how to make wnkrs like that to play together or at least get a warning when joining the game with them.

2 days ago I forgot to switch for SOLO and joined Suda mission, just to be surprised that guy was actually looking for the medallions and marking them for everybody so we all ended up with 8/8. So these people still exist, it is just so hard to find them...

On 11/26/2017 at 1:17 AM, InquisitorKane said:

Hello,

I noticed this about 2 months ago. When doing Syndicate daily missions, I am encountering these speedrunners, who are ruining the game experience completely.

They join the game, plough through the main objective, and rush to the extraction point, never looking for collectables, and ignoring any attempts to talk or persuasion to give you the chance to look at least for few of them. So if I don't want to lose the mission and the chance of finding bonus standing, I have to leave the game, because they don't give a fck.

And looking for 3 other like minded chaps who would play for the same syndicates in Recruitment channel can take ages as well.

A) Make it so that to extract from a syndicate mission requires at least 6 collectables to be picked

B) Make a big "SPEEDRUN" tick box to appear when selecting a syndicate mission, so every player has to make a decision whether they wanna rush it or look for extra standing. Then matchmaking system can put together these aholes so they don't ruin the game for the rest of us.

Or something. I don't have time to play this game every day for 5 hours so when I play the Syndicate missions, I would like to get as much extra standing as possible. But spending 3 hours on 3 missions by playing them solo, that is not my idea of having fun in WF game. :-/

Your post could be duplicated mirror image by those players:

1 Why shoudl I play solo when they are the ones slowing down the mission looking for medallions

2. Why should I play solo in a MP game?

etc.

Some people don't care about the medallions. You just said it yourself it can take 50 minutes for you search the whole map... is 3K standing in 5 minutes better than 7K in 55 minutes? (4k standing from medallions, maybe a bit more).

But just to point out that I have done MANY missions for syndicates and in surivial missions I've found all the medaliions in about 5 minutes, ALWAYS in the 10 minute timer. In other missions it is just as fast (though I don't time them like survival) So 50 minutes you are doing something VERY wrong. If getting all 8 medallions takes you more than 5-10m solo, you are doing it wrong.

There is no reason why I should HAVE to collect medallions to get the base reward, if that is all I have time for.

Edited by Shockwave-

There's one other major problem with public syndicate missions.

The medallions disappear if the host gets them before you load in.  You can't loot them, and you don't get a copy.

So at the very least there should be an option to not join missions in progress.  Otherwise it's a bunch of aborts until you manage to get the game to make you the host.

Because collecting syndicate medallions is not the main objective, you cannot blame people for playing main objective and not looking for medallions. You cannot force them to play the way you want to play! There is a SOLO mod for that.

Ridiculous question...

I play syndicate missions solo and find all medallions in 10-15 mins, it never took me 50 mins to find medallions and if I fail to find 1 or 2 I just extract because it doesn't worth spending extra time on it. If it takes you 50 minute then you simply don't know how do it.

Edited by EinstenheiM

On 02/12/2017 at 2:57 AM, EinstenheiM said:

Because collecting syndicate medallions is not the main objective, you cannot blame people for playing main objective and not looking for medallions. You cannot force them to play the way you want to play! There is a SOLO mod for that.

I play syndicate missions solo and find all medallions in 10-15 mins, it never took me 50 mins to find medallions and if I fail to find 1 or 2 I just extract because it doesn't worth spending extra time on it. If it takes you 50 minute then you simply don't know how do it.

Thing is there is a lot of people who doesn't mind to look for medallions. Why not put them together? And yes, I too extract after 6 medallions if I am near the end of the map and somehow missed them, I am not going to spend another 15 min looking for 1 - 5,5k standing. But as I said, it would be nice to have the option to separate speedrunners from collectors.

This "side quest" is the problem. In other missions you just have one objective and unless you are looking for puzzles and hidden treasures in Orokin Tower, there is no need to linger around. But collectables in syndicate missions are part of the game.

You say I cannot force people to play the way I want. So why they CAN force ME to play the way THEY want? I'm pulling the shorter end in this case and that's why I don't like it. It should be even and everybody should be give the opportunity to play the way they want. Not only you.

On 30/11/2017 at 6:54 PM, Shockwave- said:

Your post could be duplicated mirror image by those players:

1 Why shoudl I play solo when they are the ones slowing down the mission looking for medallions

2. Why should I play solo in a MP game?

etc.

Some people don't care about the medallions. You just said it yourself it can take 50 minutes for you search the whole map... is 3K standing in 5 minutes better than 7K in 55 minutes? (4k standing from medallions, maybe a bit more).

But just to point out that I have done MANY missions for syndicates and in surivial missions I've found all the medaliions in about 5 minutes, ALWAYS in the 10 minute timer. In other missions it is just as fast (though I don't time them like survival) So 50 minutes you are doing something VERY wrong. If getting all 8 medallions takes you more than 5-10m solo, you are doing it wrong.

There is no reason why I should HAVE to collect medallions to get the base reward, if that is all I have time for.

It takes too long if you are single person looking for them. 4 players hell-bent on finding them can sweep the map quite fast. And yes, I have been given tips that massively helped me to cut down the search time, but still. Also in medallions you can easily find 10k standing or even more if you get lucky and get 2 of those that gives 5k.

Reason why I look for them is that I can't speedrun these missions every day since I can't play all the time, so I really do need the medallions. To make up for the lack of time I can play this game. Therefore I would appreciate playing with people who doesn't mind wasting extra 15 min for finding 10k standing.

On 01/12/2017 at 5:58 PM, Callback said:

There's one other major problem with public syndicate missions.

The medallions disappear if the host gets them before you load in.  You can't loot them, and you don't get a copy.

So at the very least there should be an option to not join missions in progress.  Otherwise it's a bunch of aborts until you manage to get the game to make you the host.

Exactly. Usually I ask right away how many medallions they found so far then leave, if they don't talk I quickly look for the closest one and pick it up to see if I get at least 1/7 or 1/6, then I stay. Or I just leave to be safe.

On 12/3/2017 at 5:52 AM, InquisitorKane said:

You say I cannot force people to play the way I want. So why they CAN force ME to play the way THEY want? I'm pulling the shorter end in this case and that's why I don't like it. It should be even and everybody should be give the opportunity to play the way they want. Not only you.

These missions are just like any other mission - survival for example. If half the squad wants to leave you leave. That's how WF works. You can't hold people prisoner if you don't have 2/3 or 3/4 people wanting to do what you are doing... If half the squad wants to leave you can't force them to stay,sorry. Use recruiting chat.

b14.jpg

So, you think that you can waste people's time just because you don't want to look for all the medallions and complete the objective on your own, you want people to grind time-consuming optional objectives for you even though it's not really necessary and you don't want to play solo although it's a perfect solution, but you still think that THEY are the problem? I've got some bad new for you.

On 11/26/2017 at 9:17 AM, InquisitorKane said:

1. Why should I, the Glorious Master of Speed, The Swift Messenger of Incomprehensible Velocity, The Living Supersonic Bullet of Gleaming Lightning, The Mighty Wielder of Nezha outfitted exclusively with slide and sprint mods who spent hours and liters of sweat, blood and endo perfecting this built to transcend the friction, why should I be punished and imprisoned on extraction point for countless 60 seconds? I've been already punished once for my agility when envious subsonic slugs have succeeded in their plot against Speed Lords and took away our Ways of Coptering. But what doesn't stop us only makes us faster.

2. Because you are a special snowflake who wants to play the fast game in a slow way and prioritize optional content over mission objectives. Would you wait for someone who wants search every single room in a mission for Kuria or rare containers? I doubt it. That's why you play solo when you want to chill and look for collectibles.

3. Search better. And faster.

On 11/26/2017 at 9:17 AM, InquisitorKane said:

I don't have time to play this game every day for 5 hours so when I play the Syndicate missions, I would like to get as much extra standing as possible.

You won't believe but that's why people speedrun syndicate missions. To maximize their standing per time spent, not to ruin your day.

I have 1 propositions how to fix this: GIT FAST M8

1 hour ago, Kefirno said:

b14.jpg

So, you think that you can waste people's time just because you don't want to look for all the medallions and complete the objective on your own, you want people to grind time-consuming optional objectives for you even though it's not really necessary and you don't want to play solo although it's a perfect solution, but you still think that THEY are the problem? I've got some bad new for you.

1. Why should I, the Glorious Master of Speed, The Swift Messenger of Incomprehensible Velocity, The Living Supersonic Bullet of Gleaming Lightning, The Mighty Wielder of Nezha outfitted exclusively with slide and sprint mods who spent hours and liters of sweat, blood and endo perfecting this built to transcend the friction, why should I be punished and imprisoned on extraction point for countless 60 seconds? I've been already punished once for my agility when envious subsonic slugs have succeeded in their plot against Speed Lords and took away our Ways of Coptering. But what doesn't stop us only makes us faster.

2. Because you are a special snowflake who wants to play the fast game in a slow way and prioritize optional content over mission objectives. Would you wait for someone who wants search every single room in a mission for Kuria or rare containers? I doubt it. That's why you play solo when you want to chill and look for collectibles.

3. Search better. And faster.

You won't believe but that's why people speedrun syndicate missions. To maximize their standing per time spent, not to ruin your day.

I have 1 propositions how to fix this: GIT FAST M8

so basically you said the same as I did, except you tried to be sarcastic and "funny" without giving any solution. Job well done.

On 08/12/2017 at 4:45 AM, Shockwave- said:

These missions are just like any other mission - survival for example. If half the squad wants to leave you leave. That's how WF works. You can't hold people prisoner if you don't have 2/3 or 3/4 people wanting to do what you are doing... If half the squad wants to leave you can't force them to stay,sorry. Use recruiting chat.

Then we need to change the rules. We should be able to leave on our own. Like in defense missions or PoE.

Because this is really stupid. You want to farm medaliions but some douch wanna leave so you have to leave. In survival you wanna farm, but again - some dude was here just for first 5 min and if he wants to leave - you have to leave. And same goes the other way - I just wanted to unlock a survival node, so I wanted to extract after 5 min. Guess what - 3 gumbas decided to go infinity farming so I had to leave without loot and without unlocking the node. GG WP.

And ofc it is always my fault, as usual.

On 11/26/2017 at 8:17 AM, InquisitorKane said:

Hello,

You should play solo in such case instead of throwing yourself at the mercy of public games .

The thing is , solo is better doesn't matter if you want to speedrun or take your time .

Soloing for syndicate standaing is always more beneficial .

OR you can make a premade group from your clan / friendslist you name it and do it like this , but please stay away from even thinking about policing / fixing something that isn't broken in the first place . If 1 person has a problem and the other 3 don't , clearly this person needs to take a hike / leave whatever you wanna call it .

Just my 2c