Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event over and shop closed

Vafthrudnir

Just now, NightBlitz said:

have you never played on online game with some kind of event shop before? 95% of the time event shops get closed when the event ends, why would this be any different?

The games online that I play have a separate expire date on the event currency.

7 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

It is neither a  $&*^ move nor a F*** you move. As was stated at the start of the event, Nakak's even shop will re-open during future events, and your Cetus event standing will be available to spend then.

This is incorrect according to the FAQ.

"Is my progress/rank in the Operational Supply Syndicate saved?"

Yes, your rank in the Operational Supply Syndicate will be saved when the event ends and is carried forward.

"Will my earned Standing in the Operational Supply Syndicate carry forward?"

No, your Standing will not carry forward so be sure to spend it all while you can! 

2 minutes ago, giovanniluca said:

The games online that I play have a separate expire date on the event currency.

And you didn't check how this event worked. You just assumed something. And now you are mad at DE? You are mad at them because you made a mistake? Seems legit.

Edited by WhiteMarker

2 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

And you didn't checked how this event worked. You just assumed something. And now you are mad at DE? You are mad at them because you made a mistake? Seems legit.

I did check how it worked this day U8i5yYZDT8KEuazMq9Vz5w.png

But OTHER rules were revealed from secrecy on a not so on spotlight thread which is the FAQ (released on 16th of november) which was not ont the console next to navigation so I did not care.

People have to search for secret informations after a week the event has started already?

1 minute ago, giovanniluca said:

I did check how it worked this day U8i5yYZDT8KEuazMq9Vz5w.png

But OTHER rules were revealed from secrecy on a not so on spotlight thread which is the FAQ (released on 16th of november) which was not ont the console next to navigation so I did not care.

People have to search for secret informations after a week the event has started already?

Okay, so please show me were you read the shop would stay after the event ended. 

1 minute ago, giovanniluca said:

Show me where it says it shouldn't have. On the page of 10th november. And in the game.

Operation: Plague Star is live until November 27th at 2 p.m ET!

The event runs until November 27th. The shop, the way it was, was part of the event. Why would you assume the shop would stay longer?

Do you assume Baro stays for a whole weak everytime he spawns? No, you don't, because that would be stupid. So why did you assume the shop would stay for a longer period of time?

I can imagine you don't ask yourself that question about the store when you're in a hurry farming your dojo statue.

They could have let the shop open for another hour after the event though. You're probably not the only one.
Time well wasted. I'm sorry for you.

Everyone makes choices in their life they didn't think through every now and then. Like that human¿ above me calling you re tar ded.
Just be glad it's only time you've wasted.

This forum just isn't the place to complain about this, because some people out here, can't comprehend normal human mistakes. And really aren't complete a$$|-|0|3$.

To everyone being a white knight and arguing against all this, good for you if you got to spend yours. Apparantly alot of ppl didnt get to so what does it bother you? Does it affect you in some way? Does it ruffle your poor feathers or something? Doesnt affect you in any way...Does not matter that "in any event this and that 95% of the time blah blah blah". No! They should have been clear and stating it "make sure to spend it before the event is over" or some little line like that.

On 11/27/2017 at 5:08 PM, Shichibukai88 said:

To everyone being a white knight and arguing against all this, good for you if you got to spend yours. Apparantly alot of ppl didnt get to so what does it bother you? Does it affect you in some way? Does it ruffle your poor feathers or something? Doesnt affect you in any way...Does not matter that "in any event this and that 95% of the time blah blah blah". No! They should have been clear and stating it "make sure to spend it before the event is over" or some little line like that.

It was clear. People just assumed something else. And now they are blaming DE for their not knowing.

Just now, Shichibukai88 said:

It was not clear, it was never clear in any way that the shop would be gone. And calling ppl stupid is alright now?

The shop was part of the event. The end of the event was clear. It was clear the shop would leave.
And yes, not using common sense is stupid. 

2 hours ago, Shichibukai88 said:

+1

Another example of DE's Achilles Heel, lack of in-game communication.   Depending on the forums and wiki for everything frustrates players, not a good thing.

Now, did I spend all of my standing before the event ended?  Yes, of course.  I didn't trust for a second that the shop would be open afterwards but it still seems like a careless move to not explicitly tell people in the shop window or in the NPC's chat that "Hey, in 1d,10h,67m, all of this stuff will be gone, you'd better buy now or lose later" or something more fitting to what the characters would say.

But no such information was directly conveyed or even hinted at when playing the game.  The event timer was a bit of clue but even that required an assumption.  The White Knights just happened to guess/assume the right answer, but that doesn't change that it was just a guess on their part.

It's unfortunate what happened, but maybe you learned a lesson from this; don't leave things to the last moment. Even I was curious as to how the end of the event would work, but I always assume the worse which was that the shop would close dead on the deadline. Made sure to spend as I went along in the last hour sprint. Didn't manage to stockpile on the Rare gems but that's my loss which I will accept.

The event will most likely open in the future so you may need to wait for next time.