The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Mouse Sensitivity Too High

Hallowieners

The base modifier for the sensitivity is too high, I usually play on 400dpi and try to achieve a full 180 turn with a swipe across the mousepad in my games, but despite setting Warframe's mouse sensitivity to 1, I still swipe over 180 degrees. Setting it to 0 sets it too low.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hooride said:

Adjust your mouse outside of game then.

It's set to 400 DPI, which is already pretty low. I don't see why I have to set it even lower for just this game when other shooting games have a sensible range for their mouse sensitivity. And please don't suggest changing windows mouse sensitivity which has the effect of having acceleration if you increase it from its default, and an added deadzone if you decrease it from its default center position.

The range is perfectly fine, you're just using a much, much lower sensitivity than the huge majority of FPS/TPS gamers.  The whole mousepad for a 180 is ridiculous.  Every  serious gamer will tell you that you set the mouse to as high a sensitivity as you can play with, and then keep increasing it as you get used to it.  That's why gaming mice have such high DPS values.  It's because you have far greater control over the muscles in your fingers than your wrist and elbow, and can make far more precise movements.  It's the same principle as when you learned to write, where you just needed to keep practicing to get good handwriting.

Edited by polarity

15 minutes ago, polarity said:

The range is perfectly fine, you're just using a much, much lower sensitivity than the huge majority of FPS/TPS gamers.  The whole mousepad for a 180 is ridiculous.  Every  serious gamer will tell you that you set the mouse to as high a sensitivity as you can play with, and then keep increasing it as you get used to it.  This is because you have far greater muscle control over your fingers than your wrist and elbows, and can make far more precise movements.

Not really, a good portion of professional eSports players play at low sensitivities around what I personally use. Having a high sensitivity is considered a handicap since you won't have finer control over your aim. The idea is to use your wrist/hands for fine adjustment and the forearm for broad movements. The argument I'm making with Warframe's setting is that the sensitivity range is too far in the higher ranges compared to other popular shooting games, CSGO, Overwatch, Rainbow Six Siege, etc.

13 hours ago, Ketec said:

Yeah, can't relate - i have mine at 2600dpi at 1ghz poll rate and not set lowest ingame ether (a few cm or less movement is a 180.).
It feels unusual if i play some other, slower games for a while.

Yeah, when I first started playing on PC, I played on some really high sensitivity. But I noticed how professional players were playing at much lower sensitivity than I was. So I tried it, took me a couple of days to get use to but my aim did get better. Although that's not to say that people can't aim at higher sensitivity, I just found myself having an easier time with low sensitivity.

Edited by DesuEx

On 12/1/2017 at 11:12 AM, DesuEx said:

It's set to 400 DPI, which is already pretty low. I don't see why I have to set it even lower for just this game when other shooting games have a sensible range for their mouse sensitivity. And please don't suggest changing windows mouse sensitivity which has the effect of having acceleration if you increase it from its default, and an added deadzone if you decrease it from its default center position.

Wasnt talking about windows settings ,but rather the interface that should have came with your mouse ,unless youre doing without. Im running 1900 dpi

Edited by Hooride

On 01.12.2017 at 1:25 AM, DesuEx said:

The base modifier for the sensitivity is too high, I usually play on 400dpi and try to achieve a full 180 turn with a swipe across the mousepad in my games, but despite setting Warframe's mouse sensitivity to 1, I still swipe over 180 degrees. Setting it to 0 sets it too low.

It's bugged. It bugs after each patch pretty much, so you have to set it over. Don't set lower sensitivity. Set the same sensitivity - it should reset itself.

On 12/3/2017 at 1:52 AM, Hooride said:

Wasnt talking about windows settings ,but rather the interface that should have came with your mouse ,unless youre doing without. Im running 1900 dpi

400 DPI is really low already. My mouse doesn't go down to 200 DPI and it really shouldn't have to if the game had a better range for mouse sensitivity.

On 12/3/2017 at 5:30 AM, AperoBeltaTwo said:

It's bugged. It bugs after each patch pretty much, so you have to set it over. Don't set lower sensitivity. Set the same sensitivity - it should reset itself.

I tried to see if that's the cased, set sens to 100, then back, nothing. Also tried to restore to defaults but it looks like Warframe's mouse sensitivity is just set up to be on the higher end of the spectrum.

15 hours ago, DesuEx said:

I tried to see if that's the cased, set sens to 100, then back, nothing. Also tried to restore to defaults but it looks like Warframe's mouse sensitivity is just set up to be on the higher end of the spectrum.

So, I guess they broke it completely then. Sad. Sorry.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Am 1.12.2017 um 20:25 schrieb polarity:

The range is perfectly fine, you're just using a much, much lower sensitivity than the huge majority of FPS/TPS gamers.  The whole mousepad for a 180 is ridiculous.  Every  serious gamer will tell you that you set the mouse to as high a sensitivity as you can play with, and then keep increasing it as you get used to it.  That's why gaming mice have such high DPS values.  It's because you have far greater control over the muscles in your fingers than your wrist and elbow, and can make far more precise movements.  It's the same principle as when you learned to write, where you just needed to keep practicing to get good handwriting.

Looool , what the #*!% are u talking about man? "Every serious player will tell you that.." what do u mean ? everyone of your friends which plays PVE shooters like warframe where aim doesnt matter that much ? i play with such a high sensitivity in warframe , way higher than i use to normally , but its because i cant lower it more and it doesnt matter that much here , i doubt that you know any serious gamers , because normally everyone of these suggests that u should lower ur sensitivity as much as u can without you feeling too uncomfortable...so the whole 30 cm mousepad for a 180 up to like 540 is in the range of the norm...at least for people who are actually good at PVP shooters

But yea..a 180 with the whole mousepad is ridiculous...at least in warframe

• 3 weeks later...

My mouse sensitivity is ridiculously high as well. I tried switching to my XBone controller, but that's also set to ludicrous. Even 1 is too high, while zero is too low. I was hoping to find a solution, but I see that this is the wrong place to look. WOW.

On 2017-12-01 at 8:25 PM, polarity said:

LOL, every pro FPS player will tell you the opposite, go as low as possible. This is common sense since quake and counterstrike. Gamers on high level mostly use 10-40 cm for a full spin. Good luck aiming with ur 1cm for a full spin xD

• 6 years later...

I know this is an old post but it is the top Google result for this problem. I found the solution on this reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/180wruw/after_fresh_install_sensitivity_is_way_too_high/

1. Navigate to "C:\Users\<YourWindowsUserName>\AppData\Local\Warframe"

2. Open "EE.cfg" using Notepad or a similar program.

3. Scroll down to "LOOK_X" and look within the first set of brackets, under "key=EN_MOUSE_X"

4. Find the "scale=<number>" section and reduce the scale value. Mine was originally 0.2 and setting it 0.1 worked for me.

5. Do the same for the LOOK_Y scale value

6. Save the file, then load into Warframe and adjust the sensitivity to your preference. This change essentially scales the range of the sensitivity adjustment slider by half so I actually had to set my in game sensitivity to 5 instead of 0 to get my desired sensitivity. My dpi is 1600 for minimum input latency but if yours is higher, you may need to set the config file scale to less than 0.1.

Edited by I_Who_I
Insert missing words
  • Like 2

Hey there, professional aim nerd and member of the Church of low sensitivity here.

There's no reason to play Warframe with this low of a sensitivity. You could quadruple your preferred sens and you would still be way lower than you need to be.

First of all, optimal sensitivity varies by game. Lower does mean more accuracy, but it also means less maneuverability. Simply put, there is a cost/benefit analysis that must be made when you decide on a sensitivity for any given game. This is determined by analyzing likely enemy positions relative to yours in a typical engagement.

For games like Valorant or R6 Siege, enemies are ideally within a few degrees of your crosshair when you engage them. If they come up behind you, you have done something wrong and turning around won't save you anyway. The choice is clear, lowest sens is best sens.

In Apex or Overwatch with more verticality, where movement is much stronger, TTK is higher for different reasons, and you actually have a chance against enemies who you only discover are right behind you once they start shooting you, or can get behind you easily mid-engagement, you require at a minimum the ability to 180° from the center of your mousepad, and still have a good 45° of wiggle room from there. If you have to lift your mouse and they don't, they are going to have more time on target than you. This is not an advantage that you should afford them. A much higher sens than what you would use in a tac shooter is appropriate here. I would never venture lower than 24"/360, and I would recommend 16"/360 normally, but 12"/360 for more mobile characters.

Warframe is a game with a huge emphasis on movement and you will frequently be assailed by enemies from all directions. None of them are as threatening as you are too them. You do not require the accuracy to face them as you would humans of similar skill level and tankiness to you. You will be frequently aiming every which way(and usually with weapons that don't require any accuracy, let's be real), and lowering your sens to this level would simply be exhausting with no competitive benefit. Even if Warframe PvP wasn't dead, I would never go lower than 12"/360.

But I get it, you want to have the same settings in all games for the muscle memory, right?

Common misconception. The johns hopkins motor skills study is often referenced in this discussion, and it's a good analogy but it's also unnecessary. Personal experience will very quickly show you that changing your sensitivity from time to time is better for your aim than leaving it the same for months on end. It takes no more than 5 minutes of focused aim to be fully used to a new sensitivity, and doing so will re-engage the learning process, leading to faster motor skill development than using the same sensitivity day in and day out. Mouse control is so much more complicated than just "muscle memory" and you'll find that you can land nasty flicks on a much wider range of sensitivities than you probably think you're capable of right now.

• Like 1

go to windows setting
set mouse speed, mouse acceleration, mouse sensitivity to 0
Do the same in warframe.
Increase DPI in your mouse DPI setting window.
Enjoy super slow mouse in Hacking and Menu.

No, DE will never adress it because THEY DO NOT understand or adress this issue because they do not know it.

Edited by PHOSPHATIDYLETHANOLAMINE