Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best female warframe for DPS

(XBOX)Caustic Celaeno

Question

Hey everyone. I’m wondering what everyone’s opinions are of the best dps female warframe would be? I wanna kill quickly with both small or large amounts of bad guys. Someone good for Defense quests. I already have Mesa who I do enjoy  but I’m wondering if I should go another route..So what are your guys’ thoughts?

i don’t care much about looks. I want kills not dates 😂 But I prefer a female character since I’m a female.

please be respectful and answer like grown adults not childish teenagers. 

Thanx in advance

12 answers to this question

My first pick would definitely be Mesa. Other than that, Valkyr puts out a lot of damage while in Hysteria, and Saryn can stack up tonnes of damage. Banshee's Sonar can enable massive damage as well. 

Um, technically Equinox? They're half female? In their female form they can do a lot of finisher damage with Pacify, but in their male form, Maim does a lot of damage as well.

I play mostly female frames for similar reasons (still making up for decades of only being able to play male characters), my favorites for the DPS role would be:

• Valkyr for melee fun when you feel like a raging ball of anger and want to destroy things.
  • Ember for sassy stance and kill things with fire extremely well.
  • Nova will destroy all of the things by making lots of boom explosions from her 4th, also her antimatter balls of explosions, her 1st also makes explosions. I like explosions.
  • Ivara will also destroy things really scarily well (either through stealth sleep + covert lethality dagger or a high power strength artemis bow) - I use her sometimes for Eidolon fights.
  • Banshee with the right mods (and she has a lot of good augment mods). Mesa destroys maps full of enemies with her 4th and has high survivability with her shield. 
  • Equinox if you have the time to invest to learn how to play her - she can do a lot of things well.
  • Gara for defense as long as they don't destroy her 4th in rework. But her 2nd can also defend well, as well as being useful for offensive abilities if you charge it up.
Edited by dstrawberrygirl

Numbers-wise, there is no other frame, male or female, that does more damage per second than Saryn. That is abilities only, without factoring in any weapons at all. But, and this is a big but, that DPS doesn't necessarily translate to kills because most of that "damage" is due to her literally cutting the health of every enemy in range in half with viral procs. That said, if you can get the rhythm of using her abilities, you can wipe entire waves on defense missions with almost no effort.

Another good choice for defense would be Banshee modded for her resonating quake augment. In a team that gives you good cover and plenty of energy, that one ability on its own can kill every single enemy before they even leave their spawn point. The downside to this is that you are locked in place much like you are with Mesa, and can get pretty boring if you are the type of player that needs to be active.

Octavia is another fantastic choice for defense DPS. Once you get all of her abilities rolling (c wut I did there?), she can lock down a huge area, with damage that scales according to the damage output of the enemies shooting her Mallet and multiplied by her 4th ability.

Those three are the only ones that stand out to me as frames that can dish out significant, map clearing DPS with only abilities. Gara can do it, but has to remain mobile to really be effective. Ember can do it with her fire quake augment up to a certain point. And Equinox can do it in day form (which is her dude form) with Maim. Any other female frame would require decent weapons in addition to their abilities to be as effective as any of the above, and generally none of the rest can hold a candle to the DPS output of the first three I named.

Now, all that being said, there is no reason at all that you couldn't take any frame at all that you enjoy playing, and be effective for pretty much  the entire star chart. If you find a frame that you just 'click' with, you're likely to be much more effective, and have much more fun, than if you were to play to the meta. Oh, and also, this is (mostly) all just my opinion, so take it all with however many grains of salt that will season it to your tastes. ;)

Edit: One more thing about Banshee. If standing still with her doesn't sound like your cup of tea, and you have some decent weapons to play with, a Banshee with the Resonance augment for Sonar is absolutely devastating, and any team you run with will thank you for the enormous damage boost.

Edited by sh00chu
additional information

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)Caustic Celaeno said:

Hey everyone. I’m wondering what everyone’s opinions are of the best dps female warframe would be? I wanna kill quickly with both small or large amounts of bad guys. Someone good for Defense quests. I already have Mesa who I do enjoy  but I’m wondering if I should go another route..So what are your guys’ thoughts?

i don’t care much about looks. I want kills not dates 😂 But I prefer a female character since I’m a female.

please be respectful and answer like grown adults not childish teenagers. 

Thanx in advance

If you are doing defense, 20 waves (like hydron) you get to kill around 1200 enemies per game, no sweat providing that you have the right mods on it

Since you are on xbox, check my captures and look for banshee - nuke.

you won't need anything else for defense, mobile defense and interception

4 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

Um, technically Equinox? They're half female? In their female form they can do a lot of finisher damage with Pacify, but in their male form, Maim does a lot of damage as well.

Equinox is always female, she simply has both masculine and a feminine forms.

To answer OP's question though, I would agree that Saryn is probably the best for dealing tons of damage to the masses (and feeling amazing doing it).  For single targets, Titania's fourth ability seems to scale well with enemy levels, and Valkyr is too fun to not recommend you try at some point.

I really love that Warframe has such an even split of male and female frames to choose from, and they're so diverse in what they can do.  I hope you have a ton of fun!

Edited by (PS4)Unstar

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Unstar said:

Equinox is always female, she simply has both masculine and a feminine forms.

If we're talking about gender v sex then I'd say that Equinox doesn't have a mind of its own at all and requires the Operator to pilot it, and as such its psychological gender can't be quantified. Physically it can turn into a male body or a female body, and it probably serves the theme of the frame better if we don't give the central form a specific sex. 

That said, I was kinda just making a joke when I said that earlier, I'd really rather not get into a gender politics argument in my forum about space ninjas killing hypercapitalists and inbred degenerates.

1 minute ago, YUNoJump said:

If we're talking about gender v sex then I'd say that Equinox doesn't have a mind of its own at all and requires the Operator to pilot it, and as such its psychological gender can't be quantified. Physically it can turn into a male body or a female body, and it probably serves the theme of the frame better if we don't give the central form a specific sex. 

That said, I was kinda just making a joke when I said that earlier, I'd really rather not get into a gender politics argument in my forum about space ninjas killing hypercapitalists and inbred degenerates.

Apologies if I sounded like I wanted to get into a debate about gender (I don't, nobody wins, everyone loses).  I was just passing along what the developers have said about the frame.

Octavia has endlessly scaling damage with her 1 (since it scales with enemy damage) in a absurdly huge range that gets doubled with her 4 (which also gives huge damage buffs to everyone). With her 2 that damage also moves around the map with enemies, and charms them so they don't attack you. Her 3 offers the most insane team-support any ability ever gave (team wide stealth + team wide multishot + teamwide attack speed + team wide movement speed + team wide armor buff which can all be active at the same time). Oh and any ability you use gives a team wide energy regen buff too because why not at this point.

Oh and while doing all that you're laying down sick beats or whatever music you wanna play for your team.

She's not a traditional caster frame since all her abilities are just duration based upkeep abilities, but she's still a very active frame with a very unique playstyle, since you need to literally move to the beat (of your very own made music or whatever song you want to cover) to activate her buffs (jump to the beat for movespeed, shoot to the beat for multishot, duck to the beat for stealth, attack to the beat for faster attacks).

And it doesn't get obnoxious either since you just need to move to the beat a few times in a row to get the respective buff for 15 seconds (scaling with ability duration).

She's also amazing at basically every single mission type, defense (constant cc, huge aoe damage), sabotage (stealth+speed), assassination (huge damage buffs, aoe cc for adds, stealth), etc. Octavia don't care.

Edited by AetherMcLoud

- Equinox...her damage never falls off no matter the enemy level and her clone's a John Wick / Mesa aimbot with the right gun.

- Banshee...can theoretically amplify damage indefinitely.

- Saryn...halves health of all enemies at all levels.

- Octavia...can just teabag all day long an damage scales with enemy levels. 

- Nova...is a walking nuke with antimatter drop.

- Ivara...benefits from stealth multipliers, finisher damage bonuses and a great headshot multiplier. 

- Gara...if you are willing to spend a loooooooooooong time stacking damage before engaging anything.

I'd only pick Banshee for team games...but prefer Ivara/Equinox/Nova for their versatility.