Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the best Melee weapon for Hysteria?

(PSN)giggaman

Question

9 answers to this question

I'm a bit perplexed; are you asking about mod builds? Because Hysteria doesn't take into account your equipped weapon, only the mods installed on it--excluding a few like Blood Rush and weapon-specific mods (e.g. Bright Purity for the Skana)--so the weapon choice doesn't really matter.

Edited by NinthAria

You can try running high-duration Loki with Lesion. The problem with running hysteria is that MR22 test is an arena so there's not many opportunities to get energy.

If you insist on sticking with Valkyr, I still say Lesion is your best melee weapon due to how powerful it is. For hysteria, you want to build Valkyr for high duration and efficiency to stay channeled for longer. Range and berserker would be good picks followed by your usual mods to improve damage.

Hysteria scales off melee mods, the weapon itself is irrelevant. Furthermore, Hysteria is an Exalt Weapon, and cannot use certain melee mods (notably Blood Rush/Body Count, Augments, and Rivens). Drifting Contact does work.

Your Hysteria stat stick is better off running an old school crit build with the appropriate element combo for the faction you are facing. Pressure Point, True Steel, Organ Shatter, Berserker, Element Mods, probably Drifting Contact. Could conceivably run dual stat elements and Condition Overload, but I forget Hysteria's status chance.

Run high efficiency, some power strength. Throw Steel Fiber, Vitality, and Rage on. If you run out of energy, take some hits, gain energy on health damage, then drop back into Hysteria. If an enemy isn't dead in a few seconds, hit them with Paralysis then do a standing finisher on them.

If you're having problems with an MR test, you can practice it at Simaris' room in a Relay.

I'm not aware of what carries over from silva & aegis to exalted melees so I'd say just stick to Venka Prime for Hysteria. There's also Mire but that's just like a cheap 10% bonus toxic damage. 

Can't say what element combos would be best as I really wasn't paying attention to the enemy armor types were in the test since I went with a different frame using an armor removal build and hit them with viral damage.

The biggest thing to remember for Exalted weapons is not to use weapon-specific mods (no Rivens) and no Acolyte mods.

For Valkyr, I personally run
Primed Pressure Point, Primed Fury, Primed Reach, Drifting Contact,
Organ Shatter, True Steel, and two Elementals.

While it won't affect your Hysteria, I find that Valkyr works really well with the Hirudo due to her amazing armor.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Unstar said:

The biggest thing to remember for Exalted weapons is not to use weapon-specific mods (no Rivens) and no Acolyte mods.

For Valkyr, I personally run
Primed Pressure Point, Primed Fury, Primed Reach, Drifting Contact,
Organ Shatter, True Steel, and two Elementals.

While it won't affect your Hysteria, I find that Valkyr works really well with the Hirudo due to her amazing armor.

I second that. I've been running a Warcry build rather than a Hysteria build with the Hirudo and it's an incredible combination. Personally I feel it's stronger and considerably more fun than running a Hysteria build.