Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara's 4 and How DE's Methodology Can Change Frost

-dicht.ThanksFrost-

I express my concerns with DE's way of tackling Gara's balance and how it can affect frost. There is nothing to see, you can just listen for the most part. It was much cleaner than writing it all down.

"

ill try my best. @Eureka.seveN feel free to add it to OP if you want.

Gara is getting her changes to Mass Vitrify. This will in turn highlight what is wrong with Frost and how using his kit effectively is very hard. With Gara, you can build for duration with some strength and make use of most of the kit, whereas Frost sacrifices one ability when building for another. Duration for CC reduces range on said CC, efficiency and range for snow-globe reduces duration of cc as well as unneeded damage to CC. Likewise, Frost has undergone changes in the past that progressively turned him into a spam machine that is only used to abuse invulnerability mechanics as far as snow globe goes. All in all, Frost should get another look at considering how cohesive Gara is within her kit and how Gara can make use of her entire kit and is not dependent on abusive mechanics. Her kit flows well together, and Frost has to be built for one ability to fulfill his purpose. His augments also could use improvement to add such cohesion"

Edited by Eureka.seveN

1 hour ago, JSharpie said:

Well, I wanna know your thoughts, and to me it isn't better than a 4000 word post. That's what forums are usually for. Text posts. Can you have like a TLDR that I can read?

I will try my best. @Eureka.seveN feel free to add it to OP if you want.

Gara is getting her changes to Mass Vitrify. This will in turn highlight what is wrong with Frost and how using his kit effectively is very hard. With Gara, you can build for duration with some strength and make use of most of the kit, whereas Frost sacrifices one ability when building for another. Duration for CC reduces range on said CC, efficiency and range for snow-globe reduces duration of cc as well as unneeded damage to CC. Likewise, Frost has undergone changes in the past that progressively turned him into a spam machine that is only used to abuse invulnerability mechanics as far as snow globe goes. All in all, Frost should get another look at considering how cohesive Gara is within her kit and how Gara can make use of her entire kit and is not dependent on abusive mechanics. Her kit flows well together, and Frost has to be built for one ability to fulfill his purpose. His augments also could use improvement to add such cohesion.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

I know that the topic is about Gara and how it compares to Frost and viceversa but this also highlights an issue with all the Frames, and that is the lack of baseline, there are no standards as to what each Frame is supossed to do and/or be.

While the game itself list some warframes as "damage dealers", "support", or "tank", in truth any frame can be build upon to suit a role outside of it's design. This is where the discussions usually spiral out of control between what's META, CHEESE, and THE PROPER WAY, but the fact is that all abilities can be min/maxed and that creates an awful lot of possibilities (which I enjoy btw).

Taking this in consideration the work(humongous work for sure) DE should do to balance all frames is too look at all abilities, categorize them (tank, supp, cc, damage, etc), and stablish a Baseline around each category, in order that at 0% modification each and all abilities fulfill its established role, from then on it's on us to figure how we want to play and build our frames.

I can't watch at work, but...I think you're referring, at least in part, to Corrupted mods. Those are supposed to be a trade-off.

On the other hand, I don't disagree with you. Mod space is limited (thanks mandatory mods) and designing frames that only have 2 useful abilities at once...isn't great design. This does need work, I agree.