Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starting to farm Quills Standing. Advice?

Coldie93

Question

Trying to get into the whole actively using the Operator so I'm planning to start farming the quills standing.  

But Mote Amp does sh*t damage on the Teralyst so I feel that I'm gonna be a burden if I try looking for hunting squads.

Should I just stick to killing mini eidolons at night or go Yolo on pub squads.

And If I manage to get enough standing,  what is your recommended Amp that I should craft in order to ease up the Teralyst hunting.

6 answers to this question

If you pick Trinity, you got the excuse of needing to watch those lures (especially if it uses that earthquake-ish attack which can do over 50% of its health or that horrifyingly beautiful bullet rain). :P

I would just go for one of the meta frames and watch recruiting chat at the start of the night. That's how I started off farming Teralysts. I usually get people with mastery 20+ so they know what they are doing and you can get like 6 Teralysts in one night. Or those unlucky teams where Chroma doesn't know what's going on and you end up with the highest dps and it took half the night to get the one...

I wouldn't yolo public. Public can be.. very nasty.

5 hours ago, Coldie93 said:

And If I manage to get enough standing,  what is your recommended Amp that I should craft in order to ease up the Teralyst hunting.

I recommend that you grab the first tier of all three components as soon as you can just to have something better than the Mote Amp.  Anything you build will be a significant upgrade, and the first tier scaffold (secondary fire) is quite powerful.

At the first ranks, I'd farm Intact Sentient Cores with Ivara solo. With a drop chance booster, I got 130 cores in one night, with a some time lapses because I fell asleep a few times.
The Mote Amp is really bad, but the first tier amp is really good to take down the Teralyst shields using secondary fire, primary is really meh/bad.

Once you need Eidolon Shards to rank up, then you can either look for a party or (if you use Chroma) join random matches to kill/capture a Teralyst.

I go for random matches with Chroma, so I can take down the Teralyst fairly easy if I have some people around to draw some of its homing attacks. I can normally get 3 Eidolon Shards in one night. Could be more if I took some time to look for a proper party.

Yeah, Mote Amp is junk compared to other Amps for dealing with Teralyst.  Like R3d P01nt said, get the components and build the first tier Amp as soon as possible. It'll make your life easier until you can build higher tier Amps.  If you don't want to bother with public teams for the Teralyst hunt just yet, just kill the Vomvalysts for now (I also like to look for wisps at the same time because I'm roaming around at night).  You can follow Teralyst around and there'll be plenty of Voms to kill.  Even though you probably can't solo kill or capture him at this point, you can still practice your Teralyst hunting skills, figure out some strategies, learn the locations of high level lures, and, after you upgrade to your T1 Amp, shoot down a limb or two for Exceptional Sentient Cores.  Of course fastest way of leveling up is do successful Teralyst capture on a full squad, but I think the time you spend learning to fight the Teralyst will help tremendously when your equipment is ready.  

Speaking of equipment, I find taking down its shield takes the longest but you eventually can take care of that with a good Amp.  As for shooting the limbs and all after the shield is down, bring high damage, high crit, ammo efficient weapons with radiation damage.  Having a crit cat would be nice.  Even though there's an established meta on supposed best frames to use for the hunt on a team of four, there's still room for experimenting.  I usually duo with my partner with whatever frames because we can capture Teralyst consistently especially after we upgraded our Amps.  We don't bother with playing with other people because we don't like to follow the meta and it's so much easier and faster for us to just go the two of us.  (And they're sweet enough to warn me of Star Fall because I'm too focused on shooting Teralyst XD)

If you have friends or clan mates who know how to capture Teralyst, ask them to teach you in game and give you valuable advice instead of being yelled at by pubbies for messing up some how...

Good luck!