Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Got Gara - No Reason to Revisit PoE

BlackCoMerc

Well people loosing interest in PoE is a good thing. If we are lucky we will make DE put the project in the shelf next to the archwing and lunaro ones.

That will give them time to invest in more important thing like a new enemy faction (please let it be an alien race) and more maximum carnage missions ;)

I think its nice that they have put in so many different things despite not always being popular. Ive always enjoyed archwing and i know its not a very popular gamemode but im still glad that the devs sometimes look over it and improve it. Its hard to say what is "important" for them to invest in when people enjoy different parts of the game. 

• 4 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Garlang said:

They should at least add some news consummables like news specters or relick packs like the syndicates ones.

PoE needs ties to the main game. Relic runs and common resources.

But Free roam mode needs to be rewarding. And it's not. At all.

I will wager when DE began throwing around the words "open world" a LOT of people got the idea that they could just go play, explore and get rewards. Like a Ubi it Bethesda game.

But no. DE doubled down on mission rotations and forced Bounties. The bounty missions are minimum effort, repetitive, shallow disasters no one enjoys...and DE keeps forcing them anyway.

And that is why PoE bombed. That's why people left again. Because as an open world style map, Poe is pointless. DE created this huge space...made playing in it as Unrewarding as possible...then shoehorned in missions with tiny area restrictions. 

Poe could not be further removed from the reasons why people like open worlds if DE had tried.

Edited by BlackCoMerc

Yeah. Relic runs would be really fun in PoE.

But the fact is I love the fishing and mining system. The problem is that when you have reached the maxium level of reputation, they become pointless.

If they add new things buyable with a new vendor witch work like the syndicat it would be nice.

But I don't think they will leave PoE like this, especially the poor Teasonai who become to soon useless.

On 12/5/2017 at 12:03 PM, BlackCoMerc said:

So...I've got Gara now. Took a while but I managed.

Trouble us, now I have no reason to go back to PoE. Town rep? Why? For Zaws? Don't need em.

Quills rep? It's a grind for rep to grind for rep faster. Isolated and circular. And forcing Operator combat makes the Teralyst unfun.

Set mods? Nope. Too many mandatory weapon and frame mods. No room for underwhelming Set mods.

For fun? Sorry, Bounties aren't fun. Those overstayed their welcome in the first week.

PoE is, as of now, fun but pointless. Well, ok; free roam is fun. And Pointless. Nothing we get from it, is of use anywhere else. So I have to choose: grind Relics, Syndicate Missions, Simaris, or PoE? And PoE ALWAYS loses, as it simply is not rewarding.

PoE needs to offer players more reasons to visit. I don't know what; I don't know how. I'm not a Developer. I just know that, as a player...I have no reason to Revisit this awesome open space.

This is why I think resources between Plains and vanilla need to be homogenized. That way Plains resources can be used elsewhere, and you can grind vanilla resources while doing other stuff in the Plains 

On 12/7/2017 at 10:14 AM, Fuleng said:

Well people loosing interest in PoE is a good thing. If we are lucky we will make DE put the project in the shelf next to the archwing and lunaro ones.

That will give them time to invest in more important thing like a new enemy faction (please let it be an alien race) and more maximum carnage missions ;)

That sounds pretty subjective and imo would work to the game's detriment 

The biggest issue with the Plains in a containment issue, which is ironic considering it's open world. If I want Plains stuff I HAVE to go the the Plains/Cetus. There isn't any form of alternative, which is not the case for most of the game. If I don't want to farm x resource on y planet, I've got other places to go that engage me more. All Cetus/Plains stuff is obtained in one of two ways. Farming in Cetus/Plains, or trading (and only so many things can be traded.) If I had more options, the novelty of this open-world concept would have lasted significantly longer, but being limited to obtaining those items in one and only one way is the biggest problem.

Now, into the more nitty-gritty specifics of it all:

Set mods: The main issue with these mods is not their stats. Frankly, 90% of the mods in-game go completely unused by a majority of the player base simply due to underwhelming/unwanted stats. The issue is the set bonuses themselves. They are WAY too specific/conditional, even with the added boost of some of the set mods. Let's be honest, there are some pretty dope mods from all of the sets, but the weaker mods weight down the rest, and the icing on that cake is the fact that the set bonus doesn't pay off that deficit.

Zaws: If I didn't have to be the third rank in Cetus to gild these things, I actually would have no complaints outside of the resources needed (Which I'll get into here shortly.) Statistically, they all sit very well, and I haven't even gilded them yet, which only makes them better. Sure, they may not be the best weapons in-game, but you have to remember these are obtainable LONG before some of the high-end meta picks. Most people overlook that tidbit when talking about these guys. Cetus is on Earth, keep that in mind lmao.

Fishing/Mining: In complete honestly, I like both of these in concept. My only issue is the functionality. To bring up a specific issue, swapping gear. If i'm minding my business farming and 'Oh look, Grineer troops' it's shockingly difficult to swap to my weapons, deal with that threat, and then swap back to whatever I was doing and continue. For some reason, DE overlooked those transitions. It's quite a trivial point, but smooth mechanics make the difference between a game that makes millions of dollars and a game that falls flat on its face. Also, the isolated resources become an issue, but speaking of...

Resource limits: The most annoying part of the Plains and its entire concept is the limited window it exists in. As a newer player, expanding outward in the Solar System and gaining more and more options to play the game was the best thing for me. That's a concept that kept me playing this game. Choices, options. Is that not why there are so many frames and weapons and combinations of the two? Cetus and the Plains kills choice. If I want Maprico, I have to go to Cetus. If I want to use those Maprico, I have to go to Cetus. That's it. There is no other option. So I either do that or I don't. This makes two big issues. No adaptable way to obtain the resource, and no adaptable way to use it. What happens in Cetus stays in Cetus. Its the same novelty with Las Vegas, for those of us in the USA. You hear about it, and the magic of it only exists outside of it. If you go once, it's quite the experience, but how would it feel if you lived there? Normal, bland, even. If I spend all my time farming on Cetus to spend on Cetus, it gets repetitive, boring, and then I leave and dread coming back. The biggest issue is not the resources themselves, it's that there's no versatility. I can do so much more with Neurodes than I can with Iradite, and what I can do with Iradite will only get me more resources that I can't use as often. The clear better choice is a Neurode.

Overall, Cetus/Plains is a great experience once I can take that bit out of Cetus. Zaws can leave Cetus. Mods can leave Cetus. Resources and farming cannot, and that is the underlying issue. I can take my Zaws and set mods and have a blast farming a fissure, but what If I wanted to fish on a different planet? What if i'm tired of grass, maybe I want to do some ice fishing on Europa. Is gas-fishing on Jupiter a thing? Cetus is a good start, but until there are more options I have no purpose in going back.

Oh yeah also screw the quills, that's double-trouble in the farming aspect. If you don't have a pre-made squad in your clan or something for farming that, good luck to you.

im sure you've leveled up weapons you didn't like, do the same for zaws.  Since you didn't mention the arcanes, magus vigor and  magus elevate are my choices of arcanes for better survivability for my frame and operator.  Set mods are not necessarily meant to be equipped all together, so i don't see why a little increase on multi shot on crit converted to slash could harm your builds.  come down from the power creep zone and give yourself a chance to see what PoE is really about.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

come down from the power creep zone and give yourself a chance to see what PoE is really about.

Massive grind, lots of bullet jumping and gliding, gimped Skywing, fairly important stuff locked behind activities that should have been completely optional...mind you Zaws and Amps are ok, but the amount of grind necessary to realize their potential and get what you want leaves much to be desired.

I have to admit the scenery and atmosphere is nice. I just wish the plants weren't so...brown. With the amount of rain the "plains" gets, you'd think the plants would have a wee bit more green on them.

On 12/5/2017 at 9:50 AM, Nyaa314 said:

Zaws are good though. And don't take that much rep.

If you are a veteran player, arcanes are supposedly what should make you go back to grinding on plains.

lets have then introduce zaw gunblade parts, then at least I could say we have a bit more incentive to farm for them.

On 12/29/2017 at 4:34 PM, Cazzzz said:

Oh yeah also screw the quills, that's double-trouble in the farming aspect. If you don't have a pre-made squad in your clan or something for farming that, good luck to you.

I recruit every single one of my Teralyst groups for 2 night cycles every day that I play. We typically capture anywhere from 3-6 in a night cycle. Now granted I always use Chroma and have a tier 3 amp, but I started from quills rank 0 the same exact as every one else. I'm now rank 5 quills with rank 4 magus vigor, husk and elevate. I don't think I've done more than maybe 2 runs with the same group in the time since it was released.

On 12/7/2017 at 1:14 PM, Fuleng said:

Honestly. adding aliens to Warframe might just make me quit. Way to take out all the charm and novelty of the setting and bring it down to the most generic conclusion.