The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Keep Raid Missions In The Game (With A Poll!)

Letter13

6 missions I need to complete on Ceres, nobody's playing any of them right now.  DE don't you f*cking dare remove one of the only mission types I can solo 50+ in exchange for another get-a-team-or-die style mission until you optimize match making.

Is there a way to post a yes/no poll? so that it can be clear where the community as a whole stand on this matter? Really hard to judge by just the non-comparable upvotes and posts alone (great for debate/discussion, bad to indicate numbers). A petition alone may not be as convincing as a poll that shows a lot more votes for keeping Raid than not.

And oh yeah, people who don't read/post/vote in forums "don't exist" ;)

Edit: sorry. just saw the edit in OP to the external poll.

Treat this as a bump .

please vote for or against Raid Removal.

http://strawpoll.me/294183

Edited by smithf

Not signed, raid missions are worst coz it's more for rushers than normal players

are you, how is it politically correct "Slow"?

with your exact words their shouldn't be anything outside of exterminate and defense because they don't focus on killing things

I don't like saying this but pls go back to CoD

I'm going to be really mad if they do it anyways.

This game in the last few months has become a way to extrapolate money from the average person.

"Honor Of The Lotus" Plat discounts to make us buy plat.

Forma to spend plat on to make weapons better. *8 forma can be on vs 1 potato*

Void Keys

Materials, Credits, Affinity boosters for plat.

Clan Emblems for plat.

And the color packs. God the colors packs... 3 colors, great.

DE removing raid missions would be a terrible idea. If anything removing spy missions would be better. Nothing is more annoying when playing solo when the mission forces you to use your secondary weapon so much. Its called a sidearm for a reason, the weapon you use when your primary is unavailable.

Either way, they shouldn't remove it.

/signed

even worse, 

Lotus: Bonus Objective collect 4 more intel spread across the entire map

I'm going to be really mad if they do it anyways.

This game in the last few months has become a way to extrapolate money from the average person.

"Honor Of The Lotus" Plat discounts to make us buy plat.

Forma to spend plat on to make weapons better. *8 forma can be on vs 1 potato*

Void Keys

Materials, Credits, Affinity boosters for plat.

Clan Emblems for plat.

And the color packs. God the colors packs... 3 colors, great.

yea the ability to get things like forma/potatos and mats its stupid, its getting to oh wait its already their, the ONLY things you cant straight buy are Prime gear :/ 400 hrs of gameplay?  or a big chunk of a newbs wallet

and the bad color packs, holy crap those are terrible rip offs

To be honest the only time I will play a raid is when I want to farm resources as its the easiest mode to do so I think. I can let it go.

You want to make it harder for newbies to farm resources ???

Wut ?

Also raid is by far the easiest way to get Formas from Voids. 

You don't even need to fire a shot. Just move hella quick.

And forma is practically used for so many things now. 

Dojos, clan tech, unlocking potential on frame or weapon etc.

Removing raid, will starve up the "free forma" over time because the other missions just take too long for the rewards.

Edited by fatpig84

We can only have too many mode, but never too few. Are you telling us that there are already too many modes that you can start retiring them? If that's the case I'd like to downgrade back to Disciple.

If you really want to remove mode that is game-breaking, take out Defense.

Gotta say I vastly prefer Raid when I want to play a laid back mission, though I usually use boss missions for grinding. It's nice to have a mission to do that you don't have to worry about some A****** getting eaten by infested or lose the use of your primary weapon.

Off topic: I don't even get data masses. Was USB flash drive technology lost or something?

possibly raid is the least played in Online mode, but I'm fairly certain its in the top 3 for solo mode. As said many times before, rescue is the worst mission type there is right now. personally I refuse to do secondary objectives if it turns out to be a rescue

"Our mission just got more co-" *alt+F4*

yea thats gotta be it, i un t2 raid ALL the time by myself

but when i do other missions its always a full party hence "more of that mission"

what do we need? rework all missions, so that that they are actually different.

every mission is the same, except for defense missions.

sabotage: go to point A, destroy it, get out. grinner versions make you go to the far end of the map, backtrack to the other point, and finally get to the exit. so, so boring

raid: get to point A, take it, get out, only diference is that it gives you a random item

capture: get to point A, absorb it, get out, only difference is a scary scream

rescue: get to point A, open cells trough stupidly easy hacking minigame, rush to the exit praying that the hostage doesn´t take cover in front of a grineer

spy: same thing as other missions but without primary weapon trough most of the mission

and then theres those missions with the console hacking which have the same problem as spy and grineer veersion sabotage.

in other words, call me when update 10 comes

Its not unsuprising that raid missions are the least played given they are in the smallest number too.

Number of missions of each type

Assassination - 13

Capture - 23

Deception - 19

Endless defence - 30

Exterminate - 24

Mobile Defence - 11

Raid - 18

Rescue - 23

Sabotage - 37

Spy - 20

Raids aren't all that common all in all as the list shows (3 of those being from the void, meaning only 15 in the main game), assassination missions being bosses are obviously going the be run allot, best case scenatio everyone will run it at minimum of 3 times.  Mobile defence, also appear as alerts, but often seen as great ways to farm too, so not supprisingly played fairly often.  So obviously Raids will be low on the play count.

Though play count should be irrelevant to what makes sence for the setting.

Given the Lotus and Tenno are obsessed with collecting anything Orokin in nature and preventing the corpus and grineer from having it raid missions make the most sence for the setting.

The Raid mission is essentially the Tenno infiltrating a corpus/grineer instilation and retrieving an orokin artifact from their hands. Honestly what could be more inline with the Tenno and Lotus goals than that.  The perk is it also has no quirks that break the immersion, short of some hacking to open the artifact containment that could assist the immersion, its all fairly sumed up.

Lets look at other missions comparitivly:

Assassination - go in and kill an enemy leader.  This fits, very Ninja in nature and does assist in furthering the goals of the lotus and the Tenno.  Though not something a green tenno should be sent out to be doing.

Capture - go abduct an important individual for later interrogation.  Giving information as to what?  Futher enemy movement, ships with Orokin artifacts (leading to a raid?), other enemy ship threats, hostages, boss locations, pod locations.  Ok so its fitting to the lotus/tenno goals and assists in setting up other types of missions.   Its similar to raid as its go in and get x or y, similar to assassination, but the target is weak and unarmed.  So good for those green tenno, even if it is more a bounty hunter thing.

Inconsistency for immersion is that the VIP is never in a location defended by the instilation (turrets, locked doors ect.) nore with personel guards.  Only ever a corpus crewman too, even on grineer establiahments.

Deception - infiltrate data (virus/remote hack) into the enemy systems for some purpose.  Much the same as raid and capture, identical to sabotage in destroying the reactor, as its effectivly sabotaging the computer systems instead of a reactor.  Not realy obvious as to why this has any purpose to the lotus/tenno goals other than causing issues for the corpus or grineer.  No major inconsistiencies in the execution of these, good for immersion.

Endless defence - Do we realy need 30 of these when maybe one per planet would be enough, they all play exactly the same way, even 15 (half) of these is 5 per faction.  Not sure what this has to do for the goals of the lotus and tenno either than any other mission type could achieve better.  Even then the outdoor maps could drop tenno in latch on the pod and fly away with it.   Not to mention if the corpus/grineer want or have the pod /artifact themselves then why do they try and destroy it? There realy isnt that much immersion in the setting for this one.

Exterminate - straight forward, fits in the lotus/tenno plans to rid the solar system of the other factions.

Mobile defence - similar issue to normal defence, though defending the hacking points does make some sence.  Again even worse for immersion on the grineer when it comes to defending the pod.  Why would the grineer want to destroy the pod in their custody?  If they wanted to destroy it they could have done so when they found it.  Sure killing the tenno trying to take it makes sence but not just outright destroying the pod.

Rescue - Recovering potential allies or capturered tenno. Works, but given they have a gun why do they not use it?  Even then why is a captive even carrying a gun?   The pathing on the hostage is also horrendous and needs allot of work to even get up to scratch.  You cant even use the way point marker to tell them to go somewhere.  These need the most work of any missions to actually not destroy any immersion.

Sabotage - Again heaps of these for what purpose, more than 2 per planet isnt realy needed.  While in general these are ok (though not realy sure what purpose to the lotus/tenno goals they achieve), the factor that you are using weapons to destroy a reactor (that doesnt explode with the rest of the room under warframe powers) or mining machines that should have armour better than any weapons should be able to scratch to even do it's job.  These need some kind of explosive device to actually be somewhat immersive.

Spy - much like the other go to point and click missions do make some sence, even though it's unclear why only certain terminals will work rather than the many identicale ones you passed along the way wont.

All in all Raids are just about the top mission that Tenno have a reason to actually be doing, within the game lore.  Sure others can be fun even if they have no clear purpose other that what players may consider fun. 

The survival is honestly the furthest type of mission you could possibly do that makes any sence in the game at all.  If the point is surviving why the hell is a Tenno even there in the first place?  Why is the lotus sending the Tenno there to die? 

Even then if you add the ability for the community to make custom maps and you will see 1000s of these things made by the community.

At the end of the day if you need more room for a new missions, ther is clearly room for paring down endless defence and sabotage missions without getting rid of what is about the most logical mission for tenno to be doing allot of.

Edited by Loswaith

Well, we've had a wonderful turnout from the community regarding support for this petition, especially being less than half a day since the announcement.

Hopefully DE will see the support that we, the community, have for Raid mission types and will decide to keep them in.

You don't have to remove a mission type to add a mission type, DE!

We'd love to see Survival as well as Raid mission types!

Edited by Letter13

So, they want to remove Raid, saying it sucks, but they keep Rescue? @(*()$ Rescue? With that dumbass, bullet-magnet hostage who can't walk half a tile without getting stuck? And god forbid you hit that new Grineer galleon tile with the generator-things you need to jump up, or you'll be there all year.