Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ayatan for Platinum: Did I do it wrong?

(PSN)Kazeel_Amataka

Question

TL;DR... I traded 20p for complete ayatan sculptures in strangers dojos as and want to know what I did wrong so I learn next time. 

I wanted endo for mod upgrades. A lot. The market lists 1000 endo for 100 platinum. I find that to be unreasonable. Maroo only has ayatan hunts once a week and I don't feel I get enough in loot drops or mod dissolving. 

I know that inventory slots cost 12-20 platinum, and thought that's what people need because there's no other way to get more slots. 

I offer on the trade chat "buying complete ayatan sculptures for 20p" and got dozens of offers. I went to three dojos for trade, complimented their dojos, and ended up paying 280 platinum for over 25,000 endo worth in sculptures. I learned I was paying credit tax for trading in their dojo, but that's the only obvious downside I see. 

13 answers to this question

I mean, you only in the end spent 280p. As you said, 280p would have gotten you 2800 endo if you had bought it from the market instead. To that end, you made out like a bandit.

You did overpay a bit per, but it's not the end of the world. As others stated, warframe.market will let you look up anything that is tradeable (outside of rivens due to how random they are). Just check there next time as with any game with a trade system where real money is involved, the scumbags will rip you off every chance they get.

You lost a little, gained a lesson, but in the end actually got a lot of much needed endo it sounds like. For everything you get from it, including the lessons, it's a solid gain imo.

While I'm no expert on trading prices for ayatan's, you have to remember they all have different values because they all give different amounts of endo. The Anasa Ayatan gives the most so its worth the most, but I still think 20p for one is too much even on console. There is a website that 'hosts' trades called 'warframe market' (google it) that has exclusive sections for PC, X-box and PS4. Look up what you want to buy/sell there before deciding on a price as it should show you at least median trade values.

Check this link out; it shows how much endo per sculpture.  http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ayatan_Sculpture#Sculptures

Then if you really value what the "market bears", check some of the warframe trading websites to get an idea of what others are buying and selling for.

Personally, I wouldn't give 1 platinum for any sculpture.  They drop easily enough and I take my time modding - but that's just me.

Yeah, you offered a bit too much for those. When I used to buy them, I'd offer 2pl~3pl for each sculpture (slotted or not, always 2pl~3pl), and even then people would throw fully slotted anasas (3.450 endo each) at me. There are many people who have no use for Endo anymore. Also, once you learn some sculptures' spawn locations, you can find 3 to 4 sculptures/hour with some effort and Symaris Scanner+Loot radar mods.

Edited by Guest