Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kick Or Vote To Kick

Izeck

@LazyKnight
As long as there are conditions that MUST be met before vote-kicking can take place then it *might* work.

otherwise its just a tool that WILL be used for abuse.

The ability to kick, or vote kick, without any conditions ore pre-requisites is just feeding the trolls.  And makes me wonder if the people asking for this aren't just asking for another way to troll.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Fine, so a black list is what you all want. I haven't seen a single thread asking for a blacklist. I'm not saying there are none, but I haven't seen any either. I can see the benefits of a blacklist as opposed to a kick, but I still say a SOMETHING should be implemented.

Has DE said anything of either option? Because we NEED something.

Edited by Izeck

This thread has devolved into nothing more than a non-constructive back and forth argument. Both sides have stated why they think they are correct, and neither side is going to win because both sides are so vehemently for their own argument.

This isn't going to go anywhere. At this point, might as well just lock the thread. Nothing will come out of this but arguing, arguing, and more arguing.

@Izeck
There have been threads, but not many.  Most of the people just clamour for kicking and black-listing is brought up in those threads over and over again.

But if kicking *must* be implemented, why hasn't anyone started a thread about kicking WITH conditions before a kick can be started?  That would do away with *most* of the abuse options, while still catching *most* trolling attempts.  And the others can either be dealt with by having a mute option for voice like we have for text, or a blacklist so you dont have to play with them ever again in the future.

People asking for kicking abilities seem to just want to be able to either troll, or kick people who dont have their play style in random pugs.  I have yet to see any pro kickers actually suggest various ways it can be implemented to avoid any abuse potential.  They just want to kick and without any restrictions, which is just feeding the trolls.

Edited by Tsukinoki

@LazyKnight

As long as there are conditions that MUST be met before vote-kicking can take place then it *might* work.

otherwise its just a tool that WILL be used for abuse.

The ability to kick, or vote kick, without any conditions ore pre-requisites is just feeding the trolls.  And makes me wonder if the people asking for this aren't just asking for another way to troll.

I would be fine with conditions, if anything I am impartial to this issues and do not have strong feeling about kicking. I think the last time I posted about this I said it should do an AFK check like it does in other games and give 2-5 minutes of inactivity before voting is allowed.

Fine, so a black list is what you all want. I haven't seen a single thread asking for a blacklist. I'm not saying there are none, but I haven't seen any either. I can see the benefits of a blacklist as opposed to a kick, but I still say a SOMETHING should be implemented.

O,O REALLY ?!?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/89113-ignore-or-blacklist-kick/

My guess is that all those opposed to a kick option are those that will get kicked the most. Sure there will be trolls who kick for the hell of it or for stupid reasons, but there will be less incentive to be a troll if you know that you will be kicked for doing so.

I was literally in a game a few minutes ago (I was hosting a defense mission in Jupiter). Me and 2 other random guys are farming salvage and then a fourth guy joins. He starts talking about how he likes to be comfortable so he is going to take his pants off, then he says he is taking off his "undies". I say "TMI, dude" to which he replies "You sound like a C***". Then he goes into the spawn point and starts killing. One of the other guys asks him "Plz stay near the pod, its easier to farm mats that way". He responds "Stfu" and "If you don't like playing with others go play solo, C***"

So, like it has been said here before, I left the game at wave 3. I was hosting, why did I have to leave? If there was an option to kick we could have kicked this guy, continued having a good farming session and he would have to think twice next time he wanted to be a #$&(%.

Vote to kick NEEDS to be in this game.

So you are implying that majority of people on this thread are trolls and bad persons just because we dont wanna see kick option here? Just because you had few bad experiences with trolls and idiots doesnt mean that rest of the playerbase didnt. We all had our share of griefing, trolling and insulting. PUGs are unplayable in 70-80 % of the cases, but we still understand what that vote kick will bring more griefing and trolling. So that is the reason so many people are against it.

Blacklisting is common sense, yes you will have to endure trolls and idiots but after the game you can just blacklist him. Hopefully DE will monitor blacklist and people who will be blacklisted over X times could get few days ban.

So you are implying that majority of people on this thread are trolls and bad persons just because we dont wanna see kick option here? Just because you had few bad experiences with trolls and idiots doesnt mean that rest of the playerbase didnt. We all had our share of griefing, trolling and insulting. PUGs are unplayable in 70-80 % of the cases, but we still understand what that vote kick will bring more griefing and trolling. So that is the reason so many people are against it.

Blacklisting is common sense, yes you will have to endure trolls and idiots but after the game you can just blacklist him. Hopefully DE will monitor blacklist and people who will be blacklisted over X times could get few days ban.

If the second thing happens... trolling will happen again.

If the second thing happens... trolling will happen again.

Trolling cannot be avoided in general. But it "hurt" less to be blacklisted then kicked, if someone decided to troll you. And whats the chance you being blacklisted over X times? Same person can only blacklist you once and you are done with them. If you are normal person  who have skills and doesnt grief people around i am sure that majority of the community wont blacklist you.

Trolling cannot be avoided in general. But it "hurt" less to be blacklisted then kicked, if someone decided to troll you. And whats the chance you being blacklisted over X times? Same person can only blacklist you once and you are done with them. If you are normal person  who have skills and doesnt grief people around i am sure that majority of the community wont blacklist you.

Im all into blacklisting, Im againstbanning cause somebody got blacklisted too much.

All you need is 1 troll that has friends to get blacklisted by a bunch of people, trust me, Ive seen it happen.

Just the blacklisting is enough.