The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Hunter Munitions Bad?

15 minutes ago, snarfbot said:

id also use continuous misery with it for double the damage over time.

Yeah, this mod does wonders. It fills the gap for both the mid damage crit bullet hoses allowing them to stack more, and the slower firing weapons that have more downtime between slash applications. It's actually always had a place on my Dread.

Edited by rapt0rman

Like any mod oughta be, Hunter Munitions is situationally good. On certain weapons and in certain scenarios, HM is fantastic. In others it's a waste of a slot. In short, HM provides an option for Crit weapons to bypass Armor (via Slash proc) if the weapon can't adopt a Status chance to reliably deal with that Armor.

HM is good:

- on weapons with high crit chance

- against high-health or Armored targets of high level that can't be killed in one hit.

- for mostly assault rifles, bows and snipers. I love it on Cernos Prime and Rubico.

HM is not so good:

- on low crit-chance weapons. Anything less than 75% won't see much effect, and in my experience equipping it on a 50% or less weapon is questionable.

- because its effect triggers after two levels of rng: whatever your crit chance is (could be 100%) and the flat 30% on the mod. It's not super reliable for damage on slow-rof weapons, though the damage is significant when it does proc.

-in situations where you're killing enemies in a single hit. In these cases, you don't need the proc.