Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Repeating History: Atlas in JV and now Vomvalyst Spawns in PoE

Voltage

Vomvalyst spawns are still very annoying when hunting down Teralysts. The entire mission is essentially looking for these things while the Eidolon has no shields and is just wasting the night away. With one of the most recent hotfixes on PC, DE fixes this bug/glitch:

On 12/7/2017 at 5:05 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Plains of Eidolon: Update 22.6.0

• A single Vomvalyst in its energy-form near multiple Lures will now only feed a charge to a single Lure. However, to improve overall survivability of the Lures, we have changed Eidolon Lures to always spawn at level 30 regardless of Bounty level or distance from the gate.

There is nothing wrong with fixing a glitch, but this bug was essentially necessary to make these fights less painful to play. This is repeating history for when desecrating Atlas' Rumblers in The Jordas Verdict allowed to gain more Antiserum Injectors. This glitch/bug was used to remedy the spawns during that time. The hotfix was pushed without fixing enemy spawns in the raids for a few more hotfixes, making JV annoying to do. This Patch was deployed 11/6/16 (Recurring Dreams + Hotfix 1). Patch notes for that fix are below:

• Fixed being able to desecrate Nekros’ Shadows and Atlas’ Rumblers in the Jordas Verdict.  

This post below was made shortly after this fix and it was very frustrating to complete the Trial before they fixed the enemy spawns. 

Can we please see a fix for Vomvalyst spawns being ridiculously RNG based? I made about this a month ago and still nothing to solve this issue (Link):

On 11/11/2017 at 10:21 PM, --Q--Voltage said:

I am proposing that Eidolon Teralysts be given a 100% chance on spawning in to spawn 3 Vomvalysts in a radius of at most 150 meters. It is very annoying to find the Teralyst and there are no Vomvalysts for several hundred meters in all directions. 

This post is not about The Jordas Verdict. I made that reference to show how history has repeated itself, and how this issue is yet another example of patching bugs before spawns and how it makes missions less enjoyable to complete. DE time and time again make the same mistakes as past decisions.

Edited by --Q--Voltage
  • Like 1

DE being like " Oh, they can speedrun up to 10 Eidolons in one night? Sure, "FIX" incoming " 

People have been already conplaining how BROKEN Vombalysts spawns are, instead of fixing actual issue DE chose to.. I don't even know how to call this :crylaugh:

Also, lets say now you have 3 lures at the teralyst.. Imaginane fully charging just one of them while the other two are "stealing" your Vombalysts. 

Edited by Tacritan
  • Like 1

Agreed. Every single Eidolon Hunt consists on hunting not the Teralyst itself but the bloody little Vomalysts. Sometimes, they spawn next to you 1 by 1 slowly, sometimes they spawn far away from the Teralyst, having to waste time to get them.

And this is only to fill the 1st lure. After filling that, you don't have to worry about filling the second one by looking for the Vomalysts because of Eidolon's last phase, where Vomalysts magicly appear from their hiding spots. So if their spawns were always 100% chance of happening, we could get more Teralysts captured per night, instead of random numbers.

tw8Ng0F.png

Literaly my face whenever I have to farm more Brilliant Eidolon Shards these days.

Edited by WhiteSpike
Minor Grammar
  • Like 1

Цитата

There is nothing wrong with fixing a glitch, but this bug was essentially necessary to make these fights less painful to play.

Eh no. No one really filled two at once anyway (unless we're talking random runs but it's not even worth discussing) other than by mistake. It is inefficient trying to fill two at once so people always either parked one close enough or got second after filling the first. Trying to fill two at once leads to wasting 2-3 more time.

What is funny tho, vombalysts used to spawn (at least it feels like it) in a bunch of 3 in the beginning of PoE somewhat near the lures but month later they're nowhere to be seen. Annoying as hell. Now they seem to spawn one by one near Eidolon's feet and those groups of 3 can spawn wherever the hell they want to.

Edited by -Temp0-
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Eh no. No one really filled two at once anyway (unless we're talking random runs but it's not even worth discussing) other than by mistake. It is inefficient trying to fill two at once so people always either parked one close enough or got second after filling the first. Trying to fill two at once leads to wasting 2-3 more time.

Thats not true. We speed run and I always immediately get two lures. they stay close to eachother as they are staying close to me and always get filled concurrently - they both latch on, I shoot it and done..  It is much more efficient than waiting for 6 voms to spawn.  

It obviously is not efficient if the lures are following two different people.

7 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Eh no. No one really filled two at once anyway (unless we're talking random runs but it's not even worth discussing) other than by mistake

If you had 2 lures next to the teralyst, 1 with 2 charges and other with none, and 1 vomalyst was next to them, when you turn it into a ghost, before this fix, it could go to both of them, making one of them fully charged.

Without this, the charge could go to the other lure that has none, having to wait once again for a vomalyst to appear.

Edited by WhiteSpike
Phones....

Цитата

Thats not true. We speed run and I always immediately get two lures.

There's no point. There's no effing way you won't get 2 lures filled by the end of the fight, whole "Eidolon calling lil sentients for help" serves as "what's up time to fill that freaking lures already cause there's nothing better to do and it's super easy now, go get em"

Also I doubt you can even "speedrun" on consoles.

Цитата

If you had 2 lures next to the teralyst, 1 with 2 charges and other with none, and 1 vomalyst was next to them, when you turn it into a ghost, before this fix, it could go to both of them, making one of them fully charged.

I know but it's not that useful if you're experienced.

Цитата

Without this, the charge could go to the other lure that has none, having to wait once again for a vomalyst to appear.

That's why you DON'T get both in one place. Mark one, leave it near the Eidolon, leave second somewhee close. Easy. And no confused players or "well ***" moments.

Цитата

It obviously is not efficient if the lures are following two different people.

Lures don't have to follow anyone. Get one, leave warfarme (near Eidolon) and search for vombalysts in the operator form. The fastest and most efficient way.

Or park one and don't touch it. Or don't even get the second until first is filled. With the way spawns works it's WAY more efficient to have lure hanging near Eidolon not really moving much so everyone will know where it is (and mark this one) while all 4 or 3 players (except for Bless) are looking for vombalysts. Like quite obviously 3-4 people would have better chances of each finding at least one vombalyst than one who drags lures everywhere he goes, especially considering how far they can spawn and that lures have to be close to eidolon when theyr'e charged to take it down.

Edited by -Temp0-

15 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

There's no point. There's no effing way you won't get 2 lures filled by the end of the fight, whole "Eidolon calling lil sentients for help" serves as "what's up time to fill that freaking lures already cause there's nothing better to do and it's super easy now, go get em"

I know but it's not that useful if you're experienced.

That's why you DON'T get both in one place. Mark one, leave it near the Eidolon, leave second somewhee close. Easy. And no confused players or "well ***" moments.

Lures don't have to follow anyone. Get one, leave warfarme (near Eidolon) and search for vombalysts in the operator form. The fastest and most efficient way.

Or park one and don't touch it. Or don't even get the second until first is filled. With the way spawns works it's WAY more efficient to have lure hanging near Eidolon not really moving much so everyone will know where it is (and mark this one) while all 4 or 3 players (except for Bless) are looking for vombalysts. Like quite obviously 3-4 people would have better chances of each finding at least one vombalyst than one who drags lures everywhere he goes, especially considering how far they can spawn and that lures have to be close to eidolon when theyr'e charged to take it down.

I don't think you understand. I am a heavily experienced Eidolon Hunter and understand how to grab lures and charge them. I can easily do 10 in one night so long as vomvalysts spawn. Recently I can at most do 7 because the spawns are so bad and slow, I waste around 15 minutes looking for vomvalysts. 15 minutes is 3 runs and also 1/4th a night cycle. That is ridiculous and should be addressed.

My lures are never slow to the party, but Vomvalysts seem to take their merry time before spawning. It is frustrating when the shields are down and you run around like a headless chicken.

Цитата

I don't think you understand. 

I don't think you did either.

Those changes to vombalysts to not charge two lures at once are meaningless and can only possibly affect random or inexperienced players. What they should've done is just make them spawn more often, preferably in a bunch of 3 near the grineer camps, lures or Eidolon (it actually used to be a thing at first, you could guarantee to meet 2-3 near lures). No one would really care if they charge 2 lures at once or not anyway because you only need 1 to begin capturing him, 2 by the very end of the whole process and you can't possibly *not* charge the second one in the time when Eidolon "calls for help" anyway".  

On 12/9/2017 at 11:29 AM, -Temp0- said:

Those changes to vombalysts to not charge two lures at once are meaningless and can only possibly affect random or inexperienced players. What they should've done is just make them spawn more often, preferably in a bunch of 3 near the grineer camps, lures or Eidolon (it actually used to be a thing at first, you could guarantee to meet 2-3 near lures). No one would really care if they charge 2 lures at once or not anyway because you only need 1 to begin capturing him, 2 by the very end of the whole process and you can't possibly *not* charge the second one in the time when Eidolon "calls for help" anyway".  

But they aren't meaningless. This strategy could charge a single Lure with 2 Vomvalysts, as well as 2 Lures with 3 Vomvalysts. The spawns of the Vomvalysts have never changed, and they were frustrating at times before, but were easier with this method. Now, DE has yet again patched a bug that helps alleviate the issue instead of addressing the main cause of why people used this. Saying that it only affected random or inexperienced groups is false. Before the change, I could charge a lure way before the shields of the Teralyst were down. Now, I have to wait for them to spawn more which eats up precious time, and leaves me running in circles.

Edited by --Q--Voltage
  • Like 1

Цитата

But they aren't meaningless. This strategy could charge a single Lure with 2 Vomvalysts, as well as 2 Lures with 3 Vomvalysts. 

It is for me and all groups I run with, there was never any need to charge 2 at once and we're perfectly capable to do 9 to 10 captures at night right now. It always was way more effective to charge one because again, 4 people have better chances at finding 3 vombalysts asap especially by utilizing the void dash with mind sprint to quickly traverse 200meters in any direction than one who has the lures following them like someone said above.

Regardless, the change that is needed is make vombalysts' spawn more consistent and not the one we got. Idk what you're even arguing about. It's a pain to find even 3 vombalysts, regardless of how many lures you have and it was that way before the patch. Sometimes you got lucky to quickly fine them but that's all.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2017 at 1:34 AM, -Temp0- said:

Impressive. You managed to sound both arrogant and ignorant in the same sentence! 

For the record, you can obviously speed run teralysts on console. But i believe 7 is the max, because of load times. Now, if you compare that to public runs on console, wich averages at about 4-5 pr night, its clearly an upgrade. I'd go as far as calling optmizing setup, streamlining a farming process speedrunning and its honestly irrelevant what platform you're on. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:42 AM, --Q--Voltage said:

But they aren't meaningless. This strategy could charge a single Lure with 2 Vomvalysts, as well as 2 Lures with 3 Vomvalysts. The spawns of the Vomvalysts have never changed, and they were frustrating at times before, but were easier with this method. Now, DE has yet again patched a bug that helps alleviate the issue instead of addressing the main cause of why people used this. Saying that it only affected random or inexperienced groups is false. Before the change, I could charge a lure way before the shields of the Teralyst were down. Now, I have to wait for them to spawn more which eats up precious time, and leaves me running in circles.

yea I can tell its a pain in the &#!

Vom spawns are stupid and need to be tripled to be at launch POE spawns. This is ARTIFICIALLY slowing down optimised teams who can blow through 10 Teralysts and more in a single night. We spend more time finding Voms than fighting Teralysts for god sakes.