The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What does the Krohkur do, exactly?

ElectricTrenchcoat

Question

What exactly does the Krohkur do? From its description and the inscription above the grip, I would imagine it gets guaranteed crits when you slice-n-dice enemies in the face but other people seem to say that it either gets crits on finishers or doesn't do anything special.

I was really hoping it would be the first because I love the designs of a lot of the swords in the game but they all get quite boring to use, compared to guns, for me, as I just turn invisible and mindlessly spam combos. I do have to watch for my cooldowns and getting locked into animations but I thought that having to aim, to get extra value out of its use would make a melee weapon a whole lot more fun to use.

11 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, VadiseReikaz said:

It is a sword, it cuts things. It does look nice on some frames, but that is that. If I recall correctly, it does have a somewhat unique stealth animation, but that's it. Why do we need it to be different?

because the description is misleading and seems to relay that it has some sort of special effect

if it didn't have a description people would have complained that it was bland. If it does have one, people complain that it is misleading. "This hooked blade rewards critical hits to those skilled enough to strike with finesse."

The blade is hooked. Check

Decent crit chance/status chance. Check

Main slash damage. Check

So misleading where.

29 minutes ago, ElectricTrenchcoat said:

turn invisible and mindlessly spam combos. I do have to watch for my cooldowns and getting locked into animations but I thought that having to aim, to get extra value out of its use would make a melee weapon a whole lot more fun to use.

u could just stop being invisible, learn and use the combos and turn off melee auto aim.

Edited by Ragingwasabi

1 minute ago, VadiseReikaz said:

if it didn't have a description people would have complained that it was bland. If it does have one, people complain that it is misleading. "This hooked blade rewards critical hits to those skilled enough to strike with finesse."

Main slash damage. Check

So misleading where.

what does it mean to strike with finesse?

because if you look at it simply as saying "muh crits", it literally reads as "...rewards critical hits when you land critical hits."

59 minutes ago, VadiseReikaz said:

Main slash damage. Check

So misleading where.

I believe the misleading parts are 'rewards', 'critical hits' and 'to those skilled enough to strike with finesse'.

*All quite easily seen as references to game mechanics.

The weapon was also released soon after the Knell pistol, which - when you headshot with it - temporarily uses no ammo and becomes automatic.

I found the Krohkur's listing, in the market, after I found the Knell's, so I wondered if there was a sword with a fun, unique mechanic in the game. It's not that it has to be special; more that I thought it seemed cool that DE would try shaking up the mechanics a bit. It feels a lot more fun, to me, to use a melee weapon when I'm doing something with it that takes a bit more thinking than executing a combo does.

1 hour ago, Ragingwasabi said:

u could just stop being invisible, learn and use the combos and turn off melee auto aim.

I didn't know that setting existed :) This might actually make my warframes easier to control. Thanks.

What, I meant, though is that I find it fun when a weapon actually rewards aiming for the head like the guns do. When I saw this sword and perhaps misinterpreted its description, I thought I was in for a fun time in Warframe.

But eh... Why would I stop being invisible? That doesn't seem to be what squishy-as-hell Ash, Ivara and Loki are for. I want to have a more fun experience not die horribly. Actually, while that might be a useful and fun challenge, at higher levels, my favourite frames will just be squished. All I meant was that it was more fun to have a melee weapon which rewarded extra skill input with extra value output. I may just take your advice, though, as a challenge and my auto target is now turned off.

(With Rhino, on the other hand, I will just grab a Fragor or finally get that Galatine Prime and become a lawnmower with armour that explodes from time to time, filling my enemies with shrapnel at odd intervals during the fight.)

1 hour ago, VadiseReikaz said:

Main slash damage. Check

So misleading where.

Well, it it has no unique effect, it could just have a description that doesn't reference game mechanics that don't exist. Then, I wouldn't complain, at least. It's a nicely designed weapon :)