The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition for Auction house.

(PSN)Earth_RickC-137

Even if it's only partial, like you can't list riven mods or clog it up with 50 streamline mods etc. Impose a 5% plat tax on items sold = removes small amounts of plat from the game, keeps the economy rolling. Credit costs to list - keep it realistic, and at some point people are going to have to hit a mission if they want to play the market game.

There is of course, more I could say and this *could* be a wall of text. It's not like you can turn platinum into real money, this isn't entropia universe. 

Couple simple things i request here;

1. If you are going to claim it will kill the game, bring a good argument with you.

2. If you are a DE representative and can enlighten us as to whether or not this is even being considered that would be amazing, and if it's not being considered; why not?

Keep it civil guys, for all the people out there who would like this feature, like i would - we don't get suggestions seen by not voicing ourselves and showing that there IS a massive support for a choice like this to be made. 

--Trade chat isn't getting any quieter, only faster and harder to read.--

I always will support an auction house or something like it.

+1

Trade chat is not okay. Not sure why you are okay with only that. Trade chat CAN remain in conjunction with an Auction House or similar option.

Sidenote: There needs to be a separate Trade channel for Rivens. Those clog up trade chat soooooo much.

Edited by Lanieu

Auction houses kill the economy, simply because one person for example puts a streamline mod for 5p, somenoe else will put it for 4p, and so and so on, this applies to everything, and at some point the market will be dead, for the only exeption of super rare items.
People will stop selling items simply because it won't be worth it.

On a side note, game like BDO have a good fixed market, that changes value of items by a small %, based on item supply and demand, but that wouldn't be a free market, so it's a no to that too.

Edited by Nakrast

As much as I'd like something better than standing in a relay for hours screaming/spamming my head of. I don't think it would work. We go from a few players listing what they have to hundreds, all trying to sell the same things, eventually all the undercutting would either destroy the economy or things just go to crap.

i would have no issue with an AH if they left everything else as is and simply added it as another layer for trading

problem is with alot of these threads many people start yelling about scrapping the entire trade system and replacing it with an AH which just wouldn't work out

for me personally if there was any plat tax id never use the system, id seriously rather die slowly and painfully then use a trade system taxing me plat which i may or may not have spent my money on

1 minute ago, Nakrast said:

Auction houses kill the economy, simply because one person for example puts a streamline mod for 5p, somenoe else will put it for 4p, and so and so on, this applies to everything, and at some point the market will be dead, for the only exeption of super rare items.
People will stop selling items simply because it won't be worth it.

This is why i say partial. No one wants to scroll through 47 pages of the same, basic mod to get to the start of the next 50 pages of another basic mod. I'm proposing a method here that allows you to only post certain things, and only a small number of things at any given time. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Earth_RickC-137 said:

This is why i say partial. No one wants to scroll through 47 pages of the same, basic mod to get to the start of the next 50 pages of another basic mod. I'm proposing a method here that allows you to only post certain things, and only a small number of things at any given time. 

The only auction house we might need, is one for Rivens and Rivens only.

1 minute ago, Tokens210 said:

i would have no issue with an AH if they left everything else as is and simply added it as another layer for trading

problem is with alot of these threads many people start yelling about scrapping the entire trade system and replacing it with an AH which just wouldn't work out

for me personally if there was any plat tax id never use the system, id seriously rather die slowly and painfully then use a trade system taxing me plat which i may or may not have spent my money on

Couple of things here; 

1. Not saying scrap trade chat. leave it as is, many will still want this as a primary means of trading.

2. When i say plat tax, i mean on the income from something sold through auction house system. Small, small amount. say 2, maybe 3% - Sell a rhino set for 200p? Then you recieve 196 plat, that'd be 200 - 2% tax. I'm going for realistic, not entirely unattractive option.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Earth_RickC-137 said:

2. When i say plat tax, i mean on the income from something sold through auction house system. Small, small amount. say 2, maybe 3% - Sell a rhino set for 200p? Then you recieve 196 plat, that'd be 200 - 2% tax. I'm going for realistic, not entirely unattractive option.

i get ya now, i thought you ment on posting items, in which it would be like paying money to gamble if your item sells or not

24 minutes ago, Mk_1 said:

Rivens 

I checked this out, and sadly this either seems wildly inaccurate or it's something that's only going to help one platform, maybe PC by the looks. It still doesn't clean up trade chat and make it something more usable. 

As for your link to warframe market, that'd be a great place for trade of not for the fact that most people using it outside of the PC section are only trying to use it to shape prices to their liking so they can rip people off. 

Besides all this, tell me realistically who on a console is going to go out of their way to sit by the PC or screw around on their phone price checking things when people in trade are either too impatient to wait 2 minutes on an accurate price or are too ignorant to go and look up said price before wanting to buy something? I truly wish these things would work but i've tried them, and they simply dont work as well as people claim them to. There's even facebook buy/sell pages for warframe and even these are as bad as trade chat.

4 minutes ago, SanguineSavant said:

They've already said no but there's always WarframeMarket which does things efficient enough I suppose.

Do you have a source for this? I'd love to see it. That way i can have the answer i'm looking for instead of having this thread here, which i'm sure many people have all seen before.

Not much point bringing it up if it's already been 100% denied by the devs already.

For those who don't use Warframe Market. Try this site: https://nexus-stats.com/

I discovered it trying to answer the following query so hopefully it's of some use minor use.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Earth_RickC-137 said:

Do you have a source for this? I'd love to see it. That way i can have the answer i'm looking for instead of having this thread here, which i'm sure many people have all seen before.

Not much point bringing it up if it's already been 100% denied by the devs already.

If I recall Steve was asked it on a stream at some point and responded that "There are no plans to do an auction house" and from the way it was said and the facial expression it suggests there never will be. I've tried searching via google for a record of this but I don't think it was noted so don't take my memory as fact.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

It works on DC Universe so I don't see why it couldn't work here. There's been a few games to do it successfully.

one of games i played myself with an awful action house, DC universe has had veteran players actually lock out free and premium players by making the cheapest item on sale a piece of trash that was 1 million dollars or a billion cant remember lol (happened right before daybreak bought out SOE, but it went on for so long that SOE eventually had to lock the entire AH till everyones items expired)

also in that game i alone am able to swing an entire market for an item as i own enough upgrades that i can post 26 pages of an item if i wish, ive actually altered the exobyte or bit prices myself multiple times for all of them lasttime i played

but also DC universe uses in game credits for trading and not the paid currency, unless they changed something

Edited by Tokens210

I think it would work well and i for one would be very much for it as it would reduce occasions of stupid offers, of people trying to negotiate mid trade, it would make it easier to see attempted scams - on the other side it would allow certain people with a will to corner the market in some situation and drive prices up -but all in it would certainly make trading easier (everyone's had that guy who tries to change the price in middle of a trade) And contrary to what some people think its not a ridiculous idea and just because they might have said no in the past doesn't mean its never gonna happen in the future..