The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon Teralyst Way too weak.

KingSolir

5 hours ago, TheBlueJelly said:

I'm sorry did you just say at-release Manic was "fair"? Invulns outside of a small hitbox on his shoulder, only decloaks to attack (so you get a few seconds to notice him and shoot that small hitbox on his shoulder), and then, if he survives his attack, he cloaks again and runs off to HEAL BACK TO FULL AGAIN.

No, original Manics were abject horse manure- especially back when LoR first came out.

Not sure what nerf happened to Corrupted MOAs. Did they change their attack drone or something?

Well it's been 2 years so I don't remember much about them, but I found them to be terrifyingly fun. Though, I'm the kind of person who also enjoyed the Void at release where even invincibility Rhinos were going down (at the time I was using Ash w/ a Latron)  and fighting Lv. 80+ Lephantis w/o cheese tactics.

The MOAs were able to melt you within seconds with their lasers if you weren't careful, even at lower levels, so you had to keep an eye and ear out so that you can keep your distance. 

Also I wasn't there when LoR first came out, but yeah the player-created units were mostly suppose to be special units in my eyes, not spammed to all hell against the players. The Juggernaut was suppose to have its own arena and be like a mini boss, but the original concept has been dramatically changed like crazy. The Bursas seemed to have survived at least.

But yeah, this is going off-topic now. Anyways, long story short, I am fine with content that punishes you hard. It just makes more skilled play and tactics more rewarding (though how DE can create something like that is another issue).

Edited by Yazeth

21 hours ago, (Xbox One)JACK BURT0N LSG said:

I was being sarcastic. I actually stopped playing Warframe because of Eidolons, I only stop in to be a sarcastic as$ and to see if I should bother coming back.

Fair enough! But please use the /s tag next time. Sometimes it's hard to tell if a person is being sarcastic or not by just typed words.

• 4 weeks later...

At first with Mote amp it was way to strong.

Now we found a way to chease it...

New Teralysts are comming.

Whatever they bring we will find a way to bypass difficulty with a combo of cheese and butter frames.

Bring a regular weapon and frame and see how easy it is. We cannot really complain it is easy if we became to good.

When tera came out, A LOT of players didnt even know how to solo him and some of them still cant. 

After some time, people discovered how to kill him and you dont even need a Chroma to do that, it will only save time.

DE is planning to release more teras and they will probably be stronger. 

Back upon release, and even today, the Teralyst will remain, "challenging," if you don't bring a Chroma. And by challenging I mean you'll have to shoot it more than once or twice, depending on your team comp.

The problem is that once his shields are down he doesn't really have any way to resist high powered weapons just chewing through him. There's no sense of danger once you're shooting his joints or shooting him, directly. It's just, "his shields are down, everyone unload on this spot," and he just sits there and takes it with maybe an attack or two added to his rotation and a slight speed increase in how often he attacks.

He's the first step toward making a boss that's actually worthy of the name, however, and I have the utmost respect for that. I just wish he wasn't such a gigantic sand bag at almost all times. Operators having no real consequence, on their end of gameplay, for dying means his shielded phase is able to be mindlessly blitzed (yes, you do better if you actually attempt to stay alive) and Warframes being capable of using methods to completely negate damage or make it so negligible that it's able to be ignored means that you blitz down his joints and main body once you're able to do that, even.

He just makes me hunger for the way the bosses felt in Vindictus, back before I learned all of them (and quit playing once the design became awful). The focus on a single party member/a few of them and the rush of having to figure out how to avoid the damage they dealt out while also attempting to deal damage back in whatever openings you could find. Warframe isn't Vindictus. Warframe isn't Dark Souls. Boss design could learn a lot from paying attention to them, however.