Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An attempt at a construtive talk about limbo

Faulcun

7 hours ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Loki can mass disarm mobs while they beat each other to death - At higher levels the damage doesnt matter, they wont kill each other and when the rad proc wears off, you better keep them at distance since they will 1 hit you. They are not frozen in place, they can move. Its not as hard CC as stasis.

Ivara can sleep whole rooms while staying invisible - That sleep has not so long range and dropps if you dont instakill an enemy, at higher levels instakills on heavy enemies is more and more impossible.

Rhino cab stomp the ground and turn off the map, anyone survive? Do it again! - Low duration, does no damage on higher levels.

Mobs dont suddenly start resisting sound quake, they get locked until they die especially if the banshee is smart - That one is broken, I can grant you this one.

Vauban has 0 limits and has an augment (2 of them) that gravitate towards that disturbing play style - Both require spamming to be effective.

Harrows CC has limits unless you start spamming it then its a hallway of statues - Requires precision.

Sleepquinox has 0 limitations - Same as Ivara.

Nova...we really bout to talk about that 4? - Cannot be spammed to be used effectively and its not a hard CC, it only slowes.

Nidus bugs n nests no draw backs - Medium range and requires buildup.

I dont see you opposing my argument about stasis needlessly restricting information. Also, I didnt see anything constructive in your argument - tell me how would you even restrict those "unbalanced" abilities.

4 hours ago, Xardis said:

At higher levels the damage doesnt matter, they wont kill each other and when the rad proc wears off, you better keep them at distance since they will 1 hit you. They are not frozen in place, they can move. Its not as hard CC as stasis.

No one said anything about damage, at high levels youre turning off the enemies greatest advantage with impunity. You can use guns and busted melee and they cant. When the rad proc wears off you do it again. 

How is there a draw back?

That sleep has not so long range and dropps if you dont instakill an enemy, at higher levels instakills on heavy enemies is more and more impossible.

The sleep has decent range and can be spammed with relative ease, how else do you think Ivaras pull half their bs in solo survivals. 

8 meter aoe sleep, 23 seconds of sleep on a normal build?

You can even build for it which jacks up prowls insanity with a 15m sleep arrow and 17s duration

What restriction? Your restriction is the 18 en cost.

Low duration, does no damage on higher levels.

You dont need the power to do damage, you use it to STOP the map. 58.75 meters with a 12.4 second duration is low? With a 70 energy cost? Its as cheap as a 2. 

You can go further too with 66 meters and 14 seconds. 

What is so not busted about a decently built rhino -noping- the map? At 70 EN cost? Over 54+ meters dor 10-15 seconds?

Both require spamming to be effective

Which one jacks up the timer by considerable amounts, full duration,range and efficiency results in a vortex that pulls from ungodly range, lasts 70+ seconds and costs 25 ENERGY 

so you want to choke the map? Itll cost 225 energy total 3 per vortex and with Zenurik energy feeds itself.

Repelling uses the exact same build and costs 19 en and locks up the map and youll regen more energy than youll ever use.

Requires precision

Thats a stretch at best, point at mobs general direction and hit 1 but stop there! Keep mashing it! 

I have all the framea i do this crap regularly at 236% duration 80% eff 91% range and 220% power and i still render rooms immobile.

Same as Ivara

WHAT!? so a 117 meter cast range with an 11.75 tether radius (+ a 10 meter augment chain sleep) with a .5 hp threshold and a 34 second duration isnt unrestricted? 

At 18 energy cost you can spam this for days in sorties and has no effect of maims build up for easy crowd wipes.

Cannot be spammed to be used effectively and its not a hard CC, it only slowes

A 65 meter 360 degree range 75% that gives the whole team bonus damage with an aoe explosive range and effective duration of 64.8 seconds isnt bad? Its doesnt need to be spammed either as the wave lasts for a long time infecting everything it touches. 

This is on an anti matter drop build (another crowd wiper) 

75% slow is hard CC as the mobs can no longer keep up with your speed for the next 64 seconds with taking more damage. Youd have to quite literally stand still and LET them shoot you.

Medium range and requires buildup.

17 meters , renders everything caught a death sentence mixed with a 8 meter radial nest that spawns maggots that act like mass fire procs. 

The higher level the mob that faster Nidus gains stacks as well and the larva turns itself off once you stomp the mobs to death.

None of your arguments even addressed the issue and resorted to aspects of "skill" - precision or "it cant be spammed/has low duration" which is erroneous information at the impunity to which you can mash these buttons without a draw back. 

A concept with no intrinsic value cannot be used as an argument.

This is only a COUPLE frames of the many who have the ability to completely disrupt enemies at no cost to themselves ever. 

I dont see you opposing my argument about stasis needlessly restricting information. Also, I didnt see anything constructive in your argument - tell me how would you even restrict those "unbalanced" abilities

I never said Stasis should restrict information. No one would ever say that where are you getting this from? 

Those "unbalanced" abilities can be spammed with impunity at low energy costs for long durations and decent to incredible ranges.  

Itd take forever to go through and reign each and every one in right along with the other frames who can turn iff maps at low en costs over long range with decent durations.

Anyone who says they cant be are not building them correctly or exploiting their busted mechanics. 

Hell people brag about doing this in LoR NM.

But quite frankly all it would take to fix Limbo is to alter 2 things, stop hacking interruptions and make rift surge cause enemies to be cross plane. Which is what i expect theyll do in September.

2 hours ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

But quite frankly all it would take to fix Limbo is to alter 2 things, stop hacking interruptions and make rift surge cause enemies to be cross plane. Which is what i expect theyll do in September.

You have many valid points on limbo. However, you are missing the main point. At the end of the day, limbo takes away choice from other players.

If I only bring a primary or secondary, and a limbo joins my mission with a stasis/cataclysm build (this happens all the time to me because i like to forma weapons and i only bring one to level it faster), that limbo can effectively render me useless for the entire mission.  My only choice at this point is to sit around and wait for the mission to end, or leave.

When another player is forced to leave because of how a limbo wants to play the game (rightfully so), that is a problem that needs to be looked at no matter how good the ability itself is.

Banshee's sound quake ALMOST fits into this category as well. Almost.