Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helios Prime sentinel not scanning.

FawneDaBear

Helios scanning was having a problem before this patch.  It would scan some cephalon fragments, but not all.  Let's say fragments on certain planets have multiple entries, it would scan for the first and complete the entry, but will not scan for the next codex entry from the same cephalon fragments when you revisit the same planets.

Just built up Helios with potatoes and modded it fully.

I have every checkbox checked and this idiot won't scan, it's bugged - it scans absolutely nothing.

• I've got 100-500 scanners of each
  • I have stood still literally getting hit
  • I have made it so it can't attack so nothing dies
  • I have used Frost to make sure they're slow as hell

Nothing.

It doesn't use any charges up.

It's broken.

Didn't respond at first because I saw a lot of other people bringing attention to it and hoped DE would notice.  Now that a week has passed since the introduction of this bug, I'm just piping in to say:

Yo, DE, if you've noticed this topic and perhaps issued any hotfixes I didn't notice over the past week or forgot about, they have yet to fix this issue.  Especially with Grustrag Three beacons and Zanuka Hunter beacons from Baroo right now and the release of Somachord fragments just a week ago, this is a realllyyyyy inopportune time to just let this bug sit and fester.  Not necessarily accusing you since it's impossible to control the amount of time until a fix is completed if the solution is eluding you but... just putting things in perspective.  Not a great time for this to happen, please fix as soon as you can.

Anyway, I can confirm my experience is EXACTLY like everyone else on this topic.  ALL missions on the starchart, Helios (Prime, in my case, though it seems to happen to either) will refuse to scan (with the exception of a very rare Somachord tune or two, but 90% of the time it ignores those as well).  Works fine on the new Ghouls.  However, I am not 100% sure it is working on Plains of Eidolon in general even (only seemed to work on the Ghouls) because I found a new glass fish and had to scan by hand... same for Aerial Commander (which is one of the few entries I hadn't completed yet by now of the normal Plains enemies).

I have no idea whatsoever is causing such a bizarrely peculiar bug, but only the Ghouls seem resistant to the bug.  Everything else, Helios just refuses to scan.  I hope that little tidbit can help you in whatever small way in tracking down the issue.

EDIT: Another something I remembered that other people are talking about on this topic that I can confirm I have experienced: Scanners in general (even well used by my warframe) are not highlighting objects in the environment on any missions on the starchart (should be yellow for incomplete entries and green for completed, but I'm getting nothing for either).  It works fine on Plains of Eidolon.  These bugs are very likely related since they both have to do with scanning... best of luck to anyone working on fixing this bug.

Edited by Maganar
Added information

14 hours ago, Redspace0095 said:

they aren't fixing it yet because it's still the xmas shut down. Let them have some time off.

Hm.  This is another reason that game developers should think twice before pushing out major (limited-time!) events for the holidays.  People already complained about the Acolytes coming back on a period of around one week that perfectly straddled Christmas, forcing everyone to decide between being a good family member who makes an effort to be social for the holidays versus getting extremely valuable mods that sell for major amounts of premium currency.  Adding Ghouls on top of it and a few other odds and ends, I'm surprised we have such few bugs as just a sentinel going haywire.  I swear I normally see a more active bug report forum after new patches than this latest one.

Imagine if we'd had bugs like that recent patch where Ivara couldn't roll in Prowl (again, lol), Trinity couldn't EV targets affected by Link, and Corrosive procs literally did nothing at all - all on the same patch?  Can you imagine those just being allowed to sit for a week when high school and college students have their time off and many working individuals get leave time (the flipside of the holidays - while we may not want to grind so we can be with family, we do want the chance to play the game because we have time off)?  Yeesh.  A scary image.

TL;DR.  Their employees definitely deserve their time off and so I'm not mad about them leaving this bug unaddressed, but thinking ahead to next year's holiday break... Maybe hold off before releasing some major events that are only going to be around for a short time?  The limited time nature of an event like Acolytes and Ghouls makes it paramount that bugs be fixed asap, and we were, in my opinion, extremely fortunate there were no progression-stopping Acolyte or Ghoul bugs, and only some of the usual mishaps like this Helios bug.

1 minute ago, yilPhil said:

Tip that has worked for me, try equipping a non-maxed Investigator mod on him. I tried it with one almost maxed out, and now he scans about 80% of the time on the starchart, where-as before he would never scan.

^ Thanks for the tip.  I'll give this a try myself and report back on this topic in a day or two.

Edited by Maganar
Added information

48 minutes ago, yilPhil said:

Tip that has worked for me, try equipping a non-maxed Investigator mod on him. I tried it with one almost maxed out, and now he scans about 80% of the time on the starchart, where-as before he would never scan.

tried it with a rank 3 investigation mod for 2 runs. First run got 1 scan, 2nd run got 3. Really seeing no point in using Helios any more, whilst it's offence is pretty good I prefer not to have them armed so they don't attract aggro.

Edited by Redspace0095

Have the Same Problem. Not scanning anymore anything. Can also stand 2 Meters before a non scanned Enemy, Orb or whatever and i see that Helios is pointed at it (You can see that if hes not alight with your sight) but dont scanning.

• Investigator Mod (maxed) on first position
  • Unlimited (The upgrade) Synthetis Scanner

Sentinel mods have priority set from left to right so the sentinel performs actions from 1st mod top row to last mod to right make sure investigator is amount the first mods. Sometimes it is buggy dunno if it's where he is facing or at what u aiming but that's one of the factors you need to consider. 

I noticed a wee bit late last night that it was scanning ghouls... except the defectors. I only knew because another thread mentioned the ghoul defectors weren't listed under grineer in the codex, only when not choosing a cetegory to look at. Didn't manage to get 20 scans before I had to call it a night. But the ghouls should be coming back later for more... I hope.

3 hours ago, Meladoni said:

Same here - Helios "wiggle" near and nothing. And only to this "wiggle" animation I know that something I do not have full scan is near.

Ah yeah. I missed someone else here mentioning the wiggle, but I do remember seeing my Helios P doing a wiggle at one of those ghoul grokdul injectors a few days ago. I think the only reason I noticed it was because it was on a rock so I was looking up and got a better look at my Helios.

• 2 weeks later...

Nekros'd

So is this bug actually fixed now?  Been using carrier mostly, but decided to do some spy missions earlier this week and stealth scan everything.  My Helios Prime was sporadically scanning stuff, but mostly not working.

Edited by tundra--

Since this got bumped, things I noticed the past 2 nights since the 22.9 patch.

Helios has scanned the mandachord fragments on planets I haven't completed yet, but I've been searching more carefully for kuria I don't have yet and it isn't auto scanning those. I can't remember if it did them before or not. My codex is mostly done so I haven't seen anything else new that it would have been scanning.