Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Apostasy Prologue Full Video Cutscene (SPOILERS)

TheFinalEpic

I accidentally went into the light and had no clue what it was or why it was there (I originally thought it was some sort of challenge course). Luckily I had  shadowplay's instant replay on....

I know there's a billion thread about this but nobody had a video up so I thought I put it up.

What the lotus looks like after:

jaVfTCb.jpg

5Bjp3rJ.jpg

Edited by TheFinalEpic

I am concerned, but also intrigued. Is this how she makes it possible for us to get Umbra? What's that nikana on his hip - it's different to the Prime counterpart (might be his own, could be used by Umbra perhaps?).

How angry will Hunhow, let alone Ordis, be when he learns of this?

Edited by Koldraxon-732

4 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

I am concerned, but also intrigued. Is this how she makes it possible for us to get Umbra? What's that nikana on his hip - it's different to the Prime counterpart (might be his own, could be used by Umbra perhaps?).

How angry will Hunhow, let alone Ordis, be when he learns of this?

I thought Umbra's were formed before we even woke up, during the age of Orokin Empire?

11 minutes ago, TheFinalEpic said:

I thought Umbra's were formed before we even woke up, during the age of Orokin Empire?

Umbra theorem by a person I talk to frequently on Discord in a nutshell:

Spoiler

One person I spoke to theorizes Umbras were Dax of any rank (low guardian to whatever title Teshin holds for example) which were converted through some unknown process - literally building the Warframe atop the Dax. Yes, they were likely already in existence during the Orokin Era and made to restrain the Tenno should they go wayward, or to serve as the surrogates of Executors, or otherwise.

What I meant by 'get Umbra' was that Lotus could open up a lane of possibilities that leads to Him giving us an Umbra with (or a copy of) the 'Umbra Nikana' that He has at his side.

20 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Umbra theorem by a person I talk to frequently on Discord in a nutshell:

Hide contents

One person I spoke to theorizes Umbras were Dax of any rank (low guardian to whatever title Teshin holds for example) which were converted through some unknown process - literally building the Warframe atop the Dax. Yes, they were likely already in existence during the Orokin Era and made to restrain the Tenno should they go wayward, or to serve as the surrogates of Executors, or otherwise.

What I meant by 'get Umbra' was that Lotus could open up a lane of possibilities that leads to Him giving us an Umbra with (or a copy of) the 'Umbra Nikana' that He has at his side.

Hmm I wonder how they're going to explain that, we're basically going to control a person.

Just now, TheFinalEpic said:

Hmm I wonder how they're going to explain that, we're basically going to control a person.

Spoiler

Lore-wise:

Spoiler

We've done it before with the Golden Maw. This would require reasoning and/or manipulating the mind within the frame, meaning in theory some of our actions would seem two-sided or confused, to unrelenting and perfect. Perhaps the Stalker Override gametype (AKA Stalker Mode by DE) may be an example of this; having an overriding purpose despite being under Tenno sway.

Gameplay-wise:

Spoiler

Though on the outside it would simply look a bit random - like the 'frame sometimes blocking (the parry mod being built-in), a chance to cast a power to cost less energy (a triggerable version of Fleeting Expertise, so to speak), reloading without consent when the weapon's mag is half-full (though as if the weapon had a maxed reload speed mod on it), crouching when behind cover that is too short to wall-latch, or even an unexpected help when hacking security (like a half-finished puzzle from the get-go).

Personally, the latter part would be one of the two unique traits to the frame that DE should consider, the second being better stats than the default and at least unique sounds for its abilities.

28 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:
  Hide contents

Lore-wise:

Hide contents

We've done it before with the Golden Maw. This would require reasoning and/or manipulating the mind within the frame, meaning in theory some of our actions would seem two-sided or confused, to unrelenting and perfect. Perhaps the Stalker Override gametype (AKA Stalker Mode by DE) may be an example of this; having an overriding purpose despite being under Tenno sway.

Gameplay-wise:

Hide contents

Though on the outside it would simply look a bit random - like the 'frame sometimes blocking (the parry mod being built-in), a chance to cast a power to cost less energy (a triggerable version of Fleeting Expertise, so to speak), reloading without consent when the weapon's mag is half-full (though as if the weapon had a maxed reload speed mod on it), crouching when behind cover that is too short to wall-latch, or even an unexpected help when hacking security (like a half-finished puzzle from the get-go).

Personally, the latter part would be one of the two unique traits to the frame that DE should consider, the second being better stats than the default and at least unique sounds for its abilities.

Yeah it was the first thing that I thought the golden maws, however these are living beings that can probably talk. If its true it'll be cool how they interact with us.

26 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

-

5 minutes ago, TheFinalEpic said:

-

The original concept for Umbras I sort of remember being "rebels". Might of been a fan theory but I vaguely remember something about Tenno who were against the Orokin long before the Absolution. But this whole thing circled when "umbra" actually started to exist. So a long time ago. 

But I personally believe that Frames are in essence a humanoid body, a super-high quality clone of sorts, designed from the ground up for this task, that has been HEAVILY modified via mechanical, chemical, genetic etc augmentations. The parts we craft for a frame are essentially "augmentation packages" that are applied to this body. I mean, when you craft a Frame systems does that mean we have a frame's nervous system hanging off of a coat-rack somewhere in a freezer? Essentially I see it like building one of those street race cars. You get the upgrade kits and apply them to a stock car. You need a decent car to work off of but by the end of it, more then half of the old car will be left on the garage floor. 

Where actual people come in, I think more lines with providing a template for a frame to be made. Building a Frame is one thing, but giving it the skills or "programming" to actually be something other then a body-horror cyborg puppet is something else entirely. We're not dealing with a corpus proxy here. 

So for the Umbra quest line, I'm putting a few credits on the idea that we will be following someone else on their path to Excal Umbra. And that the blueprints we get are essentially something we copy or steal from the sidelines. 

Also: Ballas is alive! Time to sharpen the stabby-sticks! We got an Orokin to kill. 

10 hours ago, Lakais said:

The original concept for Umbras I sort of remember being "rebels". Might of been a fan theory but I vaguely remember something about Tenno who were against the Orokin long before the Absolution. But this whole thing circled when "umbra" actually started to exist. So a long time ago. 

But I personally believe that Frames are in essence a humanoid body, a super-high quality clone of sorts, designed from the ground up for this task, that has been HEAVILY modified via mechanical, chemical, genetic etc augmentations. The parts we craft for a frame are essentially "augmentation packages" that are applied to this body. I mean, when you craft a Frame systems does that mean we have a frame's nervous system hanging off of a coat-rack somewhere in a freezer? Essentially I see it like building one of those street race cars. You get the upgrade kits and apply them to a stock car. You need a decent car to work off of but by the end of it, more then half of the old car will be left on the garage floor. 

Where actual people come in, I think more lines with providing a template for a frame to be made. Building a Frame is one thing, but giving it the skills or "programming" to actually be something other then a body-horror cyborg puppet is something else entirely. We're not dealing with a corpus proxy here. 

So for the Umbra quest line, I'm putting a few credits on the idea that we will be following someone else on their path to Excal Umbra. And that the blueprints we get are essentially something we copy or steal from the sidelines. 

Also: Ballas is alive! Time to sharpen the stabby-sticks! We got an Orokin to kill. 

I seriously did not expect that we would see Ballas so soon this early. We finally meet a real living orokin thats not the queens stuck in grineer bodies

5 hours ago, TheFinalEpic said:

I seriously did not expect that we would see Ballas so soon this early. We finally meet a real living orokin thats not the queens stuck in grineer bodies

Yeah, when I saw that concept art I honestly thought that was a sort of concept idea that was drawn for reference when talking about him. That he would never actually show up. But damn DE; you know how to keep secrets. 

Still means we're gonna kill him, right? I got half a mind to let him live though. Campy smurf he is, but an Orokin still. Think of all the tech we could access with his Executor status. Alternatively we need to find a genetic descrambler.