Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sounds in the orbiter

Kanoshii

Question

Spoilers ahead.

When the latest update came out, I completed the Chains of Harrow quest and then immediately went to do Apostasy Prologue. I heard the "Hey Kiddo" but never noticed the doppelganger (I have a few decorations around that they might have been sat inside).

Since then, I've been hearing a "whoosh" sound (similar to the sound when you double jump) in my orbiter. This has persisted even after logging off and has been there for multiple days now. Earlier today I noticed footsteps as well, so I think it might have something to do with the doppelganger, but I can't see it and it's driving me mad.

Does anyone know what/where the sound is coming from? I'm not sure if it's a bug or intended.

Edited by _Kanoshi
Removed "footsteps" from title.
  • Like 1

10 answers to this question

I certainly havn't heard anything like that. it could be possible that you could be hearing other players walking around in their own ships? it wouldn't suprise me if a player running around in their own ship might bug a bit and have their sound resonate inside somebody else's ship right now.

5 minutes ago, lightdragon64 said:

I certainly havn't heard anything like that. it could be possible that you could be hearing other players walking around in their own ships? it wouldn't suprise me if a player running around in their own ship might bug a bit and have their sound resonate inside somebody else's ship right now.

No, this happens whether I'm in a squad or not. It's not the doggo, any specific Warframe or squad members.

Here: I uploaded a video of the sound. It seems to come from around the main ramp, like someone is doing something underneath it.

15 minutes ago, Orthelius said:

Seem to be absolutely 0 odd sounds in that video.

There's a whoosh just after 0:08 and then footsteps at 0:11. The rest of the video shows the sounds when the camera is at different places. The whoosh happens again at 0:24, 0:380:541:081:241:391:54 and 2:09 (roughly a 15 second loop). There are footsteps in between every one of those.

If those aren't odd to you, do you know what they are coming from?

20 minutes ago, _Kanoshi said:

There's a whoosh just after 0:08 and then footsteps at 0:11. The rest of the video shows the sounds when the camera is at different places. The whoosh happens again at 0:24, 0:380:541:081:241:391:54 and 2:09 (roughly a 15 second loop). There are footsteps in between every one of those.

they are weird... can't quite place where they could come from however. My only guess would probably be that a decoration you put up is making weird noises... but that wouldn't make sense considering absolutely 0 decorations make noise (that i know of).

10 hours ago, lightdragon64 said:

they are weird... can't quite place where they could come from however. My only guess would probably be that a decoration you put up is making weird noises... but that wouldn't make sense considering absolutely 0 decorations make noise (that i know of).

I tried removing the Cetus animals but it was still there. I doubt it's the warframe statue because I have some down in the quarters and no sound there. It shouldn't be any noggles, posters or the ayatan sculptures because nobody else seems to be hearing it (and it only started recently).

I don't suppose this is what Rell meant by "The Man in the Wall"?

14 hours ago, _Kanoshi said:

Spoilers ahead.

When the latest update came out, I completed the Chains of Harrow quest and then immediately went to do Apostasy Prologue. I heard the "Hey Kiddo" but never noticed the doppelganger (I have a few decorations around that they might have been sat inside).

Since then, I've been hearing a "whoosh" sound (similar to the sound when you double jump) in my orbiter. This has persisted even after logging off and has been there for multiple days now. Earlier today I noticed footsteps as well, so I think it might have something to do with the doppelganger, but I can't see it and it's driving me mad.

Does anyone know what/where the sound is coming from? I'm not sure if it's a bug or intended.

Man, can you even imagine that following you into real life? Waking up one morning, with sleep still in your eyes, then seeing a familiar face, yours, looking at you from the shadows, sitting at your chair and just starring at you with silent intensity.

I would poop.

I had the same problem. It starts after I place Warframe Articula in orbiter (not immediately but after few mission I noticed the sounds).
After removing object from orbiter i still heard the sounds but after I went to dojo and come back it was over...

But my friend with Warframe Articula desn't hear anything. So I'm little confiused.

On 12/27/2017 at 2:47 PM, _Kanoshi said:

the sounds i believe you are hearing are from your idle animation, but they seem to be super delayed (so you are hearing some of them from an area you are no longer standing in)

Edited by DeckChairVonBananaCamel