Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Apostasy Prologue, Explained (Made easy to digest)

Ashkoorth

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

True, but the design decisions on the arm are clues hidden in plain sight.  Bank on it.

Someone else pointed out that the Ancient units all have an oversized right arm like Ballas does.  There's also the synthasis entry where an Orokin healer was turned into something like what we have as an Ancient Healer.  If Orokin of status did something to give themselves one extra-long arm as a status symbol or for some currently unknown utility, that would explain a bit.  

Its not as though its unusual for cultures to develop ideas about beauty that, from an outside perspective, seem barbaric or at least self-mutilating.  Steadily tightened corsets, foot binding, neck stretching, and turning one's earlobes into large hoops are just a few examples I know of.  Also, there's no indication that the body snatcher trick they use intigrates inorganic material into the new body like the infestation does.  

At most I think it's a red right hand and nothing more elaborate than that.  Personally I think its a decision about how to easily define a specific class of people, but seeing as we know very little about the Orokin in general and Ballas specifically, it could really be anything.  

6 hours ago, Mints said:

I'm not so sure Ballas wants vengeance on anybody.

An interesting point.

But he is a videogame villain. You can bet that he doesn't want his lover back and then retire on a small cottege he built in the rings of Saturn. Vengeance is just the simplest of the many possible motivations he might have.

Anyway, I expect DE to try to surprise us with something more interesting than what I have said.

• 1 month later...

Took me a while to understand but if you think about it ballad comes off like dracula. Margulis is his love. She is then executed for not conforming to orders. 

Natah comes out of nowhere with good timing to take the form of a deceased entity called the Margulis/the lotus.(A homonculus) 

However I think ballas had something to do with natah becoming blind to her own mission and I think it might have something to do with the helmet. The symbolism is there with him removing the helmet from her pod and her taking it off. Maybe it was the final step to control the sentient? 

I mean it it can go in many directions, revenge on the sentiments by hacking natah. Or pure insane love by recreating a lost loved one. It’s pretty messed up. I hope DE takes this in the right direction and removes the lotus as a mother of Tenno. It would be good for the platform. 

On 12/28/2017 at 3:06 PM, Mints said:

For all we know they still exist somewhere, wispy shadow in some far off corner of the Void. For all we know they're The Man in the Wall.

Maybe they're the wispy shadow people things you see on some tilesets like Lua.

Maybe The Man in the Wall IS Ballas? :surprised: Completely out in left field. I hate waiting......

• 1 month later...
On 28/2/2018 at 12:19 AM, (XB1)Untamed Entity said:

Maybe The Man in the Wall IS Ballas? 

Why would it? The Man in the Wall was imprisoned in Rell's Harrow until after The War Within, how can it be Ballas if while he was working on the warframes, and Rell had been cast out even before the project itself?

Even so, Palladino - though I'll admit she's somewhat unreliable as a narrator - states that the Man is the Void itself. This, plus the fact that Ballas and the Man sound nothing alike, makes less and less probable that the Man and Ballas are one and the same.

• 1 month later...

I have a theory. What if natah is not the lotus herself but the helmet she wears. Sentient can take any shape they want so is it that hard to think that the lotus is a clone being controlled by a sentient taking the form of a helmet. This would also explain why lotus only recognized ballas after the connections on the helmet where cut. Also in the second dream you see the lotus disconnected from her "throne" but only when ballas forcefully disconnected the helmet did the Tenno revive that strange feedback in the cutscenes which I can only guess is a loss of connection to natah. This theory would also explain why it was only at that moment the lotus decided to remove the helmet because it was controlling her up until that point and when it's connection was cut it became dormant similar to what I'm guessing happens to the war which allows Tenno to use it as a weapon even though it is a sentient.